Newbie can't fit an extension tube to a Bronica ETRS

Old March 18th 04, 10:26 PM
Allan Green

Default Newbie can't fit an extension tube to a Bronica ETRS

Hi everyone, thanks for reading...

I've just bought (from ebay, of course!) a near mint-condition E-28
extension tube for my Bronica ETRS. Unfortunately it arrived without
instructions. Undaunted, I've tried to fit the tube between the
camera body and my 50mm lens, but find that either

a) I can fit the tube to the body, but then the lens won't fit into
the tube, or

b) I can fit the lens onto the tube, but this assembly won't then fit
onto the body.

Am I missing something? I've tried to be gentle, fitting either of
the above seems not to require undue force. But should I give it a
bit more wellie? I've looked at both the lens and the tube very
closely, and I cannot see any damage to either. They both look as
though it would take quite a lot to damage them in any case! Not so
scary as my 35mm stuff.

If anyone could summarise what I need to do (or point me to a manual
pdf) I'd be very grateful... I've searched the web to no avail on
this one!

Best wishes,

Allan Green
Old March 18th 04, 11:06 PM
Gary Beasley

On 18 Mar 2004 13:26:54 -0800, (Allan Green) wrote:

[...]

Bronica lenses have to be cocked to mount them, be sure of this. Then
you must mount the extension tube first and then the lens, unmounting
is the reverse. The tube can't be taken off the lens if it is removed
first. Be sure the linkage in the tube is set right, you may try
winding it to be sure the lever is in the cocked position before
mounting the len on the tube. Failing this, take it to a repair shop
and have them look at it. They will either find something wrong or
show you how to do it right.