[SI] Still time to generate some interest

Old August 23rd 09, 01:19 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default [SI] Still time to generate some interest

"Interesting, the current shootin mandate is due September 5th, so there's
still time to get out, find something interesting and shoot it, or produce
an interesting shot of something that isn't. Either way, just get out and
shoot!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

For more info about the shootin, please visit he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Yes, I know, I'll be updating the Rulz page tomorrow. TDL right now.

Old August 23rd 09, 02:00 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Photobuff

If your trying to encourage folks to get out and photography, then why does
the gallery show an image taken January 4th, 2006?

om...

Old August 23rd 09, 02:29 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Photobuff wrote:
If your trying to encourage folks to get out and photography, then why
does the gallery show an image taken January 4th, 2006?

It's just a placeholder for the empty gallery in waiting.
I've got a couple shots from my recent road trip to submit...

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old August 23rd 09, 04:01 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:19:05 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Interesting, the current shootin mandate is due September 5th, so there's
still time to get out, find something interesting and shoot it, or produce
an interesting shot of something that isn't. Either way, just get out and
shoot!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

For more info about the shootin, please visit he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Yes, I know, I'll be updating the Rulz page tomorrow. TDL right now.

I've submitted two, so far, but have had no acknowledgement. Have you
received them?

Eric Stevens
Old August 23rd 09, 04:06 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Photobuff

Thx for the explanation.

Old August 23rd 09, 04:20 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 03:06:53 GMT, "Photobuff"
wrote:

Thx for the explanation.

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
It's just a placeholder for the empty gallery in waiting.
I've got a couple shots from my recent road trip to submit...

The placeholder is always removed when the entries are put up.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 23rd 09, 01:44 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:19:05 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Interesting, the current shootin mandate is due September 5th, so there's
still time to get out, find something interesting and shoot it, or produce
an interesting shot of something that isn't. Either way, just get out and
shoot!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

For more info about the shootin, please visit he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Yes, I know, I'll be updating the Rulz page tomorrow. TDL right now.

I've submitted two, so far, but have had no acknowledgement. Have you
received them?

I have. I just don't use the auto-responder in the mail client. I guess I'll
set it up...

Old August 23rd 09, 07:42 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting
:
: For more info about the shootin, please visit he
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
:
: Yes, I know, I'll be updating the Rulz page tomorrow. TDL right now.

Wow, the nagging is starting early this month! I'm still deciding which three
pictures to submit. And I took one of them only two days ago.

Some may be confused by the fact that the deadline date falls on a Saturday,
rather than the more usual Sunday. But I'm not complaining; the Shoot-In's
amateur critics (of which I'm one) may be glad to have an extra day to write
our critiques before the work week begins.

Bob
Old August 23rd 09, 10:50 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Calvin Sambrook

"Bowser" wrote in message
om...
"Interesting, the current shootin mandate is due September 5th, so there's
still time to get out, find something interesting and shoot it, or produce
an interesting shot of something that isn't. Either way, just get out and
shoot!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

For more info about the shootin, please visit he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Yes, I know, I'll be updating the Rulz page tomorrow. TDL right now.

Thanks for the reminder. After struggling to interpret the mandate for
weeks I finally had inspiration today and grabbed one of my favourite models
for a shoot. Entry is on its way.

Old August 24th 09, 12:52 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
[...]

I've been married nearly 29 years. Osmosis, maybe?