Casio EX-Z500 memory: internal vs card

Old June 23rd 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default Casio EX-Z500 memory: internal vs card

I just picked up this camera new last week. It has some internal
memory space which I'd like to use to permanently store copies of some
photos. I've found how I can copy a photo from the card into the
internal memory, but what's in the internal memory does not show in the
playback mode unless I first eject the card. This also makes it
impossible to copy such an image +back+ to the card later.

Am I missing something? Or is this supposed to be a one-way procedure.

What if I had taken these pictures without a card in the camera, how
would I get them onto the card?

I +can+ connect the cradle to a USB port on my computer (USB hub,
actually), but I'd rather not.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

If I Am Ever the Sidekick... 14. If the Hero sends me out on some
errand, I will go, perform the task, and return. I will not drop by the
tavern for a tankard of ale.
Old June 23rd 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

I just picked up this camera new last week. It has some internal
memory space which I'd like to use to permanently store copies of some
photos. I've found how I can copy a photo from the card into the
internal memory, but what's in the internal memory does not show in the
playback mode unless I first eject the card. This also makes it
impossible to copy such an image +back+ to the card later.

Am I missing something? Or is this supposed to be a one-way procedure.

What if I had taken these pictures without a card in the camera, how
would I get them onto the card?

I +can+ connect the cradle to a USB port on my computer (USB hub,
actually), but I'd rather not.

Why not? That's your solution.

There's always someone who wants to do what things are not designed to do.

--
Martin S.
Old June 24th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

It is alleged that MartinS claimed:

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

I just picked up this camera new last week. It has some internal
memory space which I'd like to use to permanently store copies of some
photos. I've found how I can copy a photo from the card into the
internal memory, but what's in the internal memory does not show in the
playback mode unless I first eject the card. This also makes it
impossible to copy such an image +back+ to the card later.

Am I missing something? Or is this supposed to be a one-way procedure.

What if I had taken these pictures without a card in the camera, how
would I get them onto the card?

I +can+ connect the cradle to a USB port on my computer (USB hub,
actually), but I'd rather not.

Why not? That's your solution.

Because that would mean removing the card.

There's always someone who wants to do what things are not designed to do.

I think that's my point: Why can I, with just the camera, copy a
photograph from the card to the internal memory, but not from the
internal memory to the card?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #106.
If my supreme command center comes under attack, I will immediately
flee to safety in my prepared escape pod and direct the defenses from
there. I will not wait until the troops break into my inner sanctum to
attempt this.
Old June 24th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

I just picked up this camera new last week. It has some internal
memory space which I'd like to use to permanently store copies of
some photos. I've found how I can copy a photo from the card into
the internal memory, but what's in the internal memory does not
show in the playback mode unless I first eject the card. This also
makes it impossible to copy such an image +back+ to the card later.

Am I missing something? Or is this supposed to be a one-way
procedure.

What if I had taken these pictures without a card in the camera,
how would I get them onto the card?

I +can+ connect the cradle to a USB port on my computer (USB hub,
actually), but I'd rather not.

Why not? That's your solution.

Because that would mean removing the card.

So?

There's always someone who wants to do what things are not designed
to do.

I think that's my point: Why can I, with just the camera, copy a
photograph from the card to the internal memory, but not from the
internal memory to the card?

Ask the camera manufacturer.

--
Martin S.
Old June 24th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

[...]

Also, I can't understand why you want to use your camera's limited
internal memory for permanent storage. Wouldn't a CD be better?

--
Martin S.
Old June 25th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

It is alleged that MartinS claimed:

I +can+ connect the cradle to a USB port on my computer (USB hub,
actually), but I'd rather not.
Why not? That's your solution.

Because that would mean removing the card.

So?

I'm trying to NOT connect a bunch of things to my computer. The more
items I connect to it, the more drivers it self-installs. The more
drivers it installs, the slower the system gets because the more
overhead there is.

I think that's my point: Why can I, with just the camera, copy a
photograph from the card to the internal memory, but not from the
internal memory to the card?

Ask the camera manufacturer.

If no one else can answer the question, I will.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

Tips for evil cult members: 13. Followers who have a speech impediment
should be excused from speaking parts in any and all ceremonies. The
mispronunciation of the deity's name can have catastrophic effects.
Old June 25th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

It is alleged that MartinS claimed:

I think that's my point: Why can I, with just the camera, copy a
photograph from the card to the internal memory, but not from the
internal memory to the card?

Also, I can't understand why you want to use your camera's limited
internal memory for permanent storage. Wouldn't a CD be better?

Because I can't just whip out a CD and say, "...and this is a picture I
took of X." Since this camera is small enough to fit in a pocket, it's
with me most of the time. As such, I +can+ use it as a mobile photo
viewer. So I figured that since it has an internal memory, to retain
as much space as possible on the card for new photos, I'd put ones I
want to always have available in the internal memory instead. I then
discovered that with the card in the slot, stuff on the internal memory
isn't visible.

It feels like a half-finished feature.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"People out there listening know what I believe. And that's how best it
is to keep the peace." - George W. Bush, presidential debate, Sep 30,
2004