Kodak V550 w/ No USB Cable

Old March 2nd 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Kodak V550 w/ No USB Cable

I'm not sure which USB cable to buy, 4 prong or 5 prong. Plus it's not
clear which cable fits my camera. Any tips? Or should I just buy the
Kodak card reader instead? Thanks.

Old March 3rd 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"grifty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm not sure which USB cable to buy, 4 prong or 5 prong. Plus it's not
clear which cable fits my camera. Any tips? Or should I just buy the
Kodak card reader instead? Thanks.

Hi.

Buy a card reader, any make of card reader which will accept the kind of
card your camera uses. Surprising as it may seem Kodak are not the top rated
company for Memory Cards or Readers.

Take your camera to a camera or computer store, and see which cable fits it,
and buy one of those. They don't cost very much.

Roy G

Old March 3rd 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

grifty wrote:
I'm not sure which USB cable to buy, 4 prong or 5 prong. Plus it's not
clear which cable fits my camera. Any tips? Or should I just buy the
Kodak card reader instead? Thanks.

If you can't find a cable then you might look at getting a camera dock 3
or printer dock 3 by Kodak. Either one will easily allow transfer of
pictures from the camera to your computer. I use mine routinely. No
cables to get out and it charges the battery while in the dock. I do
not use the easyshare software. I found it far easier to just use XP's
built in photo handling.

Old March 3rd 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

? "miles" ?????? ??? ??????
grifty wrote:
I'm not sure which USB cable to buy, 4 prong or 5 prong. Plus it's not
clear which cable fits my camera. Any tips? Or should I just buy the
Kodak card reader instead? Thanks.

If you can't find a cable then you might look at getting a camera dock 3
or printer dock 3 by Kodak. Either one will easily allow transfer of
pictures from the camera to your computer. I use mine routinely.

Yeah, but the cable costs a couple of euros, while the dock might cost a
hundred (just seen one in the germanos chain store, www.germanos.gr ),
really nice if you have the money.
No
cables to get out and it charges the battery while in the dock. I do
not use the easyshare software. I found it far easier to just use XP's
built in photo handling.

I run win 2k greek which has no built in photo (or video) utility, so I have
to use the easy share software or buy something.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

Old March 4th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:

Yeah, but the cable costs a couple of euros, while the dock might cost a
hundred (just seen one in the germanos chain store, www.germanos.gr ),
really nice if you have the money.

Things are alot more expensive where you are than here. They start at
about $50USD.