[SI] Doors

Old June 1st 12, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default [SI] Doors

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

Just to keep the nagging at a minimum, and because I have something
planned for Sunday, my three "Doors" are headed to the committee today.

Savageduck

Old June 1st 12, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
SI Committee

On 2012-06-01 16:13 , Savageduck wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

Just to keep the nagging at a minimum, and because I have something
planned for Sunday, my three "Doors" are headed to the committee today.

Thank you for the reminder. Photos are due by Sunday evening NYC time.

Note that the Committee does not open the mail until Sunday evening.
Enjoy your weekend.

--
The Committee
Old June 2nd 12, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-06-01 14:48:45 -0700, tony cooper said:

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 17:01:56 -0400, SI Committee

On 2012-06-01 16:13 , Savageduck wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

Just to keep the nagging at a minimum, and because I have something
planned for Sunday, my three "Doors" are headed to the committee today.

Thank you for the reminder. Photos are due by Sunday evening NYC time.

Note that the Committee does not open the mail until Sunday evening.
Enjoy your weekend.

I sent mine in...and with a second email with a more compressed
version of one of them.

Here's one that didn't make the cut:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos...ts2Z3bz-X2.jpg

Sure he did, they cut the Lizard King 42 years ago.

Savageduck

Old June 2nd 12, 03:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Frank S

On 2012-06-01 16:13 , Savageduck wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

Just to keep the nagging at a minimum, and because I have something
planned for Sunday, my three "Doors" are headed to the committee today.

Thank you for the reminder. Photos are due by Sunday evening NYC time.

Note that the Committee does not open the mail until Sunday evening.
Enjoy your weekend.

I sent mine in...and with a second email with a more compressed
version of one of them.

Here's one that didn't make the cut:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos...ts2Z3bz-X2.jpg

Sure he did, they cut the Lizard King 42 years ago.

Savageduck

Well, that saves me a trip to Los Angeles. Now that the joke has been made,
I don't have to go to the Morrison Hotel on South Hope Street and make a
picture of the portal. It's just up the street from where I worked in a
parking lot while attending university. I walked past it quite often; its
lobby-breath smelled like urine and cigars. Little did we know it would
become an album cover. Still there in about 2000.

--
Frank ess

Old June 2nd 12, 04:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-06-01 16:13 , Savageduck wrote:

[...]

I hope you and the Duck realize that there are some who will read this
that have no idea what the joke is all about and would never realize
that "The Doors" was once a name as familiar as "Lady Gaga" is now.

It's only the old farts like me that would think about going to a
vinyl store hoping to find an album to photograph. The album in my
photograph was available for $13.00, but the store owner was kind
enough to let me take the photo without charge.

Those of us who are refugees from the '60's have little trouble
understanding the gag.
Strange days indeed. Morrison was just one of that notorious club of
individuals who never made it past 27. 1969-71 was a bad period to live
a drug fueled existence.
That said, Coppola knew how to use Morrison's music to establish a
particular dissociated and psychotic atmosphere in Apocalypse Now.
Here is the departed Door during the LA Woman sessions.

http://superhypeblog.com/wp-content/...ansessions.jpg

Savageduck

Old June 2nd 12, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-06-01 16:13 , Savageduck wrote:

[...]

It doesn't seem that album cover worthy, or even worthy of an SI gag today.
http://db.tt/yzm00iZH

Savageduck

Old June 2nd 12, 05:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-06-01 16:13 , Savageduck wrote:

[...]

You might also find this interesting:

http://www.barhopperchallenge.com/20...ard-rock-cafe/

Savageduck

Old June 3rd 12, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 13:13:35 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

Just to keep the nagging at a minimum, and because I have something
planned for Sunday, my three "Doors" are headed to the committee today.

I've just sent in three also.

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Old June 4th 12, 08:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Pablo

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

Just to keep the nagging at a minimum, and because I have something
planned for Sunday, my three "Doors" are headed to the committee today.

I've just sent in three also.

I sent in 8. Got told off.

--
Pablo