awesome new 4x5 design for less bux

Old March 24th 04, 06:45 AM
David Nebenzahl

Default awesome new 4x5 design for less bux

On 3/23/2004 10:10 PM AArDvarK spake thus:

Okay, teach me how to 'bottom post' and I will
learn it and do it.

OK, thanks for being nice about it.

It's simple, really: notice how my reply is below your text? That's bottom
posting; put your comments *under* what you're responding to. Just like you'd
do if you were writing on a piece of paper being passed from person to person,
which is basically what a Usenet thread is.

"conversation" is in reverse order.
they're talking about because the
who's responding to who and what
Otherwise, it's hard to understand

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message ...
On 3/23/2004 7:17 PM AArDvarK spake thus:

Jon ... just "who" in the world are you talking to ???

Bob Salomon. There's a history there. Read the archives if interested.

Oh, and do learn to bottom post.

From: Bob Salomon
Newsgroups: rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:09:53 -0500
Subject: awesome new 4x5 design for less bux

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Your own posts, Bob, are much closer to "spam"

Too bad that I am don't offer anything for sale then.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Everyone of your posts is aimed at a sale. Too bad you still use the methods
you learned in the sixties. It is amazing to think of the sales companies
like Linhof and Heliopan have lost to your archaic methods. Oh well,
dinosaurs don't last forever.

--
.... but never have I encountered a guy who could not be bothered
to make his own case on his own show.

- Eric Alterman on his appearance on Dennis Miller's bomb of a show
on CNBC (3/17/04)

Old March 24th 04, 10:24 AM
AArDvarK

Aaahh! I see ... as me using OE, when I reply I do
right-click on the message I intend to reply to, as
I know no other way. In this thread in my OE,
the order you seek does appear exactly that way,
not out of order. My replies are exactly "under"
and indented (to the right) of those that I have
replied to, so are yours ... so it may have appeared
out of order to you in whatever news software
you are using. It's all a very complex server
system (extremely!). But a lot of times I see them
appear out of order, several steps down, in much
larger threads. Intellect is good!

Sorry,

Alex

Old March 24th 04, 10:37 AM
Bob Salomon

In article ,
Jon wrote:

Everyone of your posts is aimed at a sale.

Why don't you post an offer I may have made on a NG offering for sale?

Ansmann, Berlebach, Braun, Combi-Plan, DF, Gepe, Gepe-Pro, Giottos,
Heliopan, Kaiser, Kopho, Linhof, Novoflex, Rimowa, Rodenstock, Sirostar,
Sterisol, Tetenal, VR, Vue-All or Wista

Or point our any post, other then this one, where I have pointed out
that anyone in the US can buy directly from us selected closeout or demo
items at special prices on Ansmann, Kaiser, Rodenstock and Rimowa?

However, as always, we appreciate the opportunity of answering one of
your posts and invite anyone in the Newport/Providence, RI area
tomorrow, Friday or Saturday to come visit the SPE show at the Hyatt
Newpot to see some of the latest products and photo publications and
collections as well as current works by students and photographic
instructors at the college and HS level.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old March 24th 04, 05:37 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 3/24/2004 2:24 AM AArDvarK spake thus:

Aaahh! I see ... as me using OE, when I reply I do
right-click on the message I intend to reply to, as
I know no other way. In this thread in my OE,
the order you seek does appear exactly that way,
not out of order. My replies are exactly "under"
and indented (to the right) of those that I have
replied to, so are yours ... so it may have appeared
out of order to you in whatever news software
you are using. It's all a very complex server
system (extremely!). But a lot of times I see them
appear out of order, several steps down, in much
larger threads. Intellect is good!

You missed the point entirely. I'm talking about the order of responses
*within the message*, not the order of messages in your news reader (OE).
Notice again how *this text right here* is below your reply, whereas your
reply is at the top of the message (called "top posting"). Get it?

Old March 24th 04, 05:39 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 3/24/2004 2:37 AM Bob Salomon spake thus:

In article ,
Jon wrote:

[...]

Sheesh; you take the art of replying to criticism by heaping on yet *more*
sales pitches to new heights. Way past anything even attempted by Steve Simmons.

Old March 24th 04, 05:42 PM
jjs

In article , David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 3/24/2004 2:37 AM Bob Salomon spake thus:
[...]

Sheesh; you take the art of replying to criticism by heaping on yet *more*
sales pitches to new heights. Way past anything even attempted by Steve
Simmons.

So I guess this would be a bad time to advertise my hands-off, auto-flame
generator? (with top-posting option)
Old March 24th 04, 06:03 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 3/24/2004 9:42 AM jjs spake thus:

In article , David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 3/24/2004 2:37 AM Bob Salomon spake thus:
[...]

Sheesh; you take the art of replying to criticism by heaping on yet *more*
sales pitches to new heights. Way past anything even attempted by Steve
Simmons.

So I guess this would be a bad time to advertise my hands-off, auto-flame
generator? (with top-posting option)

Yeah, there seems to be a glut on the market. Wait for leaner times.

From: Bob Salomon
Newsgroups: rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:09:53 -0500

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Your own posts, Bob, are much closer to "spam"

Too bad that I am don't offer anything for sale then.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Everyone of your posts is aimed at a sale. Too bad you still use the methods
you learned in the sixties. It is amazing to think of the sales companies
like Linhof and Heliopan have lost to your archaic methods. Oh well,
dinosaurs don't last forever.

--
... but never have I encountered a guy who could not be bothered
to make his own case on his own show.

- Eric Alterman on his appearance on Dennis Miller's bomb of a show
on CNBC (3/17/04)

You mean like THIS? In this location in the text?
Alex

Old March 24th 04, 08:23 PM
Gregory W Blank

In article PIk8c.2114$1I5.1487@fed1read01,
"AArDvarK" wrote:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message ...
On 3/24/2004 2:24 AM AArDvarK spake thus:

You missed the point entirely. I'm talking about the order of responses

You mean like THIS? In this location in the text?
Alex

You got it now just clean um up like so ^
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Old March 25th 04, 10:31 PM
Serge Korolev

(jjs) wrote:
Looking high on the quality scale there is the Bender. Several years ago I
got a Bender 4x5 kit because I just had to see how good it really was.
Bender's forte goes beyond the design, and right into high quality cherry
woodwork. His parts are machined, and so precisely that you really don't
need to sand to fit, but only to freshen the surface. And he _knows_ wood
and places the grain just right. This is something many people won't
notice until the wood has aged and darkened considerably, or they use a
good Tung oil and the wood has aged a bit less.

John, I am sorry if you should see a similar message from me twice
in this newsgroup but Google's interface works quite badly at the time
and I just missed the original message without knowledge if it will be
delivered.
So, what I wanted to say is that I was looking for a way to enter LF
photography some time ago and came across those Bender cameras. Since
it wasn't very clear for me how much interchangeable LF systems are, I
decided to pick up an complete Graflex Crown camera kit with a lens
and a number of Riteway holders. As far as I understand the camera is
a late Top-rangefinder model and has a Grafloc back.
Since I am still being inspired by the freedom of Bender's camera
movements and a pleasure to construct a camera myself, I'd like to ask
some questions which a Would my Graflex lens board match their
"standard" 4x4" design? Will they provide me with a board hole that'd
math my shutter? Would their back accept the film holders that I have
at the moment?
Thanks in advance,

Serge
Brescia, Italy