Need help with new olde field camera

Old March 28th 04, 06:20 AM
jjs

Default Need help with new olde field camera

On 3/27/2004 3:48 PM jjs spake thus:

That's so #####. [...]

You are one rude M###f####, jjs. Knock it off.

Signed,
your loving self
Old March 28th 04, 07:16 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 3/27/2004 9:20 PM jjs spake thus:

On 3/27/2004 3:48 PM jjs spake thus:

That's so #####. [...]

You are one rude M###f####, jjs. Knock it off.

MoFo?

Signed,
your loving self

Time for a refrain of the old poem:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I!

--
.... but never have I encountered a guy who could not be bothered
to make his own case on his own show.

- Eric Alterman on his appearance on Dennis Miller's bomb of a show
on CNBC (3/17/04)

Old March 29th 04, 06:26 AM
Donn Cave

Quoth David Nebenzahl :
| On 3/27/2004 5:20 PM Donn Cave spake thus:
| Quoth David Nebenzahl :
| ..
| | Now, this is all very interesting and all, but please, can *someone* tell me
| | something about this camera?
|
| Is there something in particular you're still wondering about?
|
| Yes, and it's something I mentioned in the very first post way up the what
| kind of film holders this camera takes, and whether "standard" 5x7 holders
| would fit its spring back. Nary a word has been spoken about this. I'm still
| wondering.

I think it's a safe enough bet that you may as well acquire a couple,
when the time draws nigh where you might be able to use them. Maybe
someone can verify it for an absolute fact, but it's a fairly sure
thing in my usenet opinion.

| If you're up for googling in the archives of this newsgroup,
| you might try "Gundlach" as well as other more obvious terms.
|
| Why "Gundlach"? That's not the manufacturer of this camera (to my knowledge).
| Did they make similar cameras?

Who knows what you'll find, I just like unique terms like that.

| It may need some joints re-glued, in the rail frames, to make
| it reasonably rigid on the tripod.
|
| Ahem, actually, parts of the camera (the drop bed and front standard)
| disassembled themselves nicely into little sticks of wood, which I'm now
| reguluing, so yes, I think I know this.

How convenient! Mine just wobble a bit. As I recall, they're pinned
in place with a screw that runs through the rail rack teeth and through
the finger joint.

Donn