Why can't the Russians produce a world class camera?

Old January 22nd 05, 11:41 PM

Default Why can't the Russians produce a world class camera?

You might try
http://www.ScienceOxygen.com/aviation204.html
http://www.ScienceOxygen.com/design265.com

It does not provide the answer directly .
It is with a collection of links on this field for helicoptor design.
You might as well just start from there...

Old January 23rd 05, 02:15 AM

Gave up? Agree. but high larbor cost? Disagree.
Japan, Germany, all have high labor cost too, and yet they are making
"world class" something. And America even may have high labor cost,
but still made world class missiles, jet fighters, and hamburgers, etc.

Old January 23rd 05, 02:48 PM
Matt Clara

"Thom" wrote in message
On 22 Jan 2005 15:41:03 -0800, wrote:

You might try
http://www.ScienceOxygen.com/aviation204.html
http://www.ScienceOxygen.com/design265.com

It does not provide the answer directly .
It is with a collection of links on this field for helicoptor design.
You might as well just start from there...

I hate the new cameras. They eat batteries that pollute land fills
and cost the earth. No one BUT the old USSR produces anything good
anymore. The Japanese Camera makers think we want all these yuppie
cameras that act more like mobil phones than good old solid mechanical
cameras.

My 2 cents

http://tinyurl.com/42wg3

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old January 23rd 05, 04:23 PM
Steve Young

"Thom" wrote

I hate the new cameras. They eat batteries that pollute land fills
and cost the earth. ...

I'm wundering if you heat your house with wood?

Old January 23rd 05, 08:30 PM
Alan Browne

Thom wrote:

I hate the new cameras. They eat batteries that pollute land fills
and cost the earth. No one BUT the old USSR produces anything good
anymore. The Japanese Camera makers think we want all these yuppie
cameras that act more like mobil phones than good old solid mechanical
cameras.

I truly enjoyed using a Hasselblad 500CM last fall and it is of course 100%
battery free in its operation. Nice, simple, straightforward operation (of
course I had to have a battery operated incident meter or use my SLR as a
spotmeter...)

And you can still get 100% mechanical Hassy's like the 501CM. From Sweden.

And you can still get 100% mechanical 35mm cameras from Japan and elsewhere
(most include some kind of metering based on a small battery and coupling to the
shutter speed or aperture... batts last for years).

I truly enjoy my Maxxum 9, which requires a battery change every 4 or 5 months
as it has an accurate electronic shutter, TTL flash integration, electrically
powered film advance, a variety of simple-2-complex exposure modes, AF if I want
it ... even a built in flash to control off camera flashes or to trigger studio
slaves... it would be very difficult to implement the full PASM paradigm into a
camera using only a mercury-batt powered meter. Most up to date SLR's use the
PASM paradigm (and more) and could not do so without microprocessors requiring
more power than a Hg (or similar) power source.

Some tools require batteries, some don't.

Cheers,
Alan

Old January 23rd 05, 10:40 PM
Bhup

speaking of tools do you use cordless electric screw driver I hate them I
prefer a all mechanical one.. no batteries.. seriously cameras are just
tools if you comfortable .. stick with it err F3 , canonet QL17 and Konica
Auto S3 here

--

"Thom" wrote in message
On 22 Jan 2005 15:41:03 -0800, wrote:

You might try
http://www.ScienceOxygen.com/aviation204.html
http://www.ScienceOxygen.com/design265.com

It does not provide the answer directly .
It is with a collection of links on this field for helicoptor design.
You might as well just start from there...

I hate the new cameras. They eat batteries that pollute land fills
and cost the earth. No one BUT the old USSR produces anything good
anymore. The Japanese Camera makers think we want all these yuppie
cameras that act more like mobil phones than good old solid mechanical
cameras.

My 2 cents

THOM

Old January 24th 05, 04:23 AM
Matt Clara

"Thom" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:48:51 GMT, "Matt Clara"
wrote:

"Thom" wrote in message
On 22 Jan 2005 15:41:03 -0800, wrote:

You might try
http://www.ScienceOxygen.com/aviation204.html
http://www.ScienceOxygen.com/design265.com

It does not provide the answer directly .
It is with a collection of links on this field for helicoptor design.
You might as well just start from there...

I hate the new cameras. They eat batteries that pollute land fills
and cost the earth. No one BUT the old USSR produces anything good
anymore. The Japanese Camera makers think we want all these yuppie
cameras that act more like mobil phones than good old solid mechanical
cameras.

My 2 cents

http://tinyurl.com/42wg3

I can't jump to a link from a news reader. Thanks anyway
THOM

The link points to a slew of manual focus 35mm slr cameras you can purchase
new today, all of them produced in Japan (or at least by Japanese
corporations, if not specifically built in Japan).

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old January 24th 05, 07:53 AM
Ken Tough

Steve Young bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet@?.? wrote:

"Thom" wrote
I hate the new cameras. They eat batteries that pollute land fills
and cost the earth. ...

I'm wundering if you heat your house with wood?

We do. Properly grown, it's good for the environment too.
--
Ken Tough