Got to admit; when Windows fails, it does so spectacularly.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 29th 18, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Got to admit; when Windows fails, it does so spectacularly.

On 10/28/18 9:32 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 13:46:32 -0700 (PDT), RichA

On 2018-10-28 17:29:20 +0000, David Taylor
said:

On 28/10/2018 16:51, Savageduck wrote:
[]
Rich, why don’t you post your Windows bitching, and stuff to a Windows NG
where it belongs, not to r.p.d. where it is off topic?

The last time you did this on October 8, the result was a major pollution of
296 OT posts in r.p.d., and your only post in the thread was the first one.

I agree in general, but DC/DVD drives are something photographers might
use, aren't they?

The last time I used a CD/DVD for any sort of image file
sharing/archiving was over 15 years ago. The last time I used a Windows
machine was at work in February 2009, and then I retired.

Savageduck

You people have a weird belief in the reliability of cloud or solid state memory. You know what some of the most reliable storage has proven to be? magnetic TAPE.

That was never my experience.

Store a magnetic tape near a magnet and see what happens.
You want reliability? You want punched paper tape! I have some programs
that I wrote back in college in the 1970's, and the paper tape is still
in good condition. Now where did I put that ASR-33 teletype?

--
Ken Hart