No Subject

Old January 6th 06, 01:00 AM

Default No Subject

From: jimnjen not home NOSPAM yahoo
Subject: Computer controlled D50?
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:54:58 -0600

Capture exists just fine on my Mac with Photoshop CS2. If you want to
use Adobe RAW, you need to merely delete the Nikon RAW import filter
from the Adobe plugin folder.. done deal.. the two never interact again.
Jim

wrote:
Anyone know of a Mac program to control the Nikon D50 other than Nikon
Capture 4.0. I installed the trial of Capture 4.0 when I got the
camera and it reeked havoc on Photoshop and everything else so I
removed it immediately, everything worked fine afterward. Now, three
months later I wanted to see if I could re-install Capture 4 to see
what control was actually available for the D50 (Nikon's website isn't
real informative.) Even though I had removed all the traces of
Capture 4 I could find, the program wouldn't open without purchasing
the key, obviously they've hidden a time lock somewhere. 99 bucks is
annoying but I'd pay it for the camera control if it worked. I just
don't want any of Nikon's other software in my computer. Even the
version that wouldn't open started conflicts with Photoshop. The
conflicts can probably be dealt with one at a time but I don't want to
pay for that kind of time wasting crap. It's also impossible from what
I see to install just the camera control part be it a plug-in or a
separate app.

Any known hacks or suggested places to start looking? Also no interest
in a Canon v Nikon. I still love my cameras.

Thanks in advance!

--
Jim

Flash Photography, how to get the best out of it? Ken Digital Photography 12 January 1st 06 05:59 AM
No Subject Digital SLR Cameras 0 November 20th 05 01:00 AM
What is the Shadow area of a Subject ? Denny B 35mm Photo Equipment 3 May 5th 05 09:54 PM
[SI] There is no god after all... Al Denelsbeck 35mm Photo Equipment 14 October 11th 04 04:51 AM