Flickr

Old May 22nd 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Flickr

Is onyone using www.flickr.com ?

Is it good?

Problems?

Thanks

ppp

Old May 22nd 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Gisle Hannemyr" wrote in message
"ppp" writes:

Is onyone using www.flickr.com ?

Yes: http://flickr.com/photos/gisleh/

Is it good?

Flickr is fun.

The funs stems from a number of features, such as tags, pools, explore
and social networks that invites people to share and comment on each
others images. The features themselves are not very special or
unique, but the way people has found to use those on Flickr gives
Flickr a different "feel" from other hosting sites. Some people
(including me) enjoy the ambience, others find them annoying or silly.

Problems?

I've not experienced any problems so far, except that the *******s in
Hard-Core Street Photography keep rejecting my work.
Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

I use it to share a few photos with some friends. It is okay at the price.
:-)

Old May 22nd 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Flickr is definitely fun.

There are no problems as such. Some parts of the websites use flash
which I'm not big fan of but it's minimal kept to minimum. And if you
are interested in getting into the community part of the site/service
you will need to spend some considerable time interacting with the crowd.

Old May 22nd 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

If you're familiar with the IMDB, I'd say it's better. Links to here,
links to there, and all the time discovering other people with similar
interests to yours.

--
Joan

"ppp" wrote in message
: Is onyone using www.flickr.com ?
:
: Is it good?
:
: Problems?
:
: Thanks
:
: ppp
:
:

Old May 22nd 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"ppp" schreef in bericht
Is onyone using www.flickr.com ?

Is it good?

Yes

Problems?

No

Thanks

Wellcome

Rutger

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/

Old May 22nd 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Joan wrote:
If you're familiar with the IMDB, I'd say it's better. Links to here,
links to there, and all the time discovering other people with similar
interests to yours.

--
Joan

Does the Internet Movie Database have photo sharing capabilities?

Old May 23rd 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

No, of course not, but it does have millions of hyperlinks that can
waste hours or your time and that's the similarity.

--
Joan

"salgud" wrote in message
ps.com...
:
: Joan wrote:
: If you're familiar with the IMDB, I'd say it's better. Links to
here,
: links to there, and all the time discovering other people with
similar
: interests to yours.
:
: --