Which screwdriver is best for camera repair

Old July 2nd 04, 01:58 AM
James Cloud

Default Which screwdriver is best for camera repair

I am trying to change the lithium battery in my Minolta 7000, but is
having a tough time removing three of the six screws. I used a 00
philip screwdriver. The size of the driver seems about right, but it
doesn't quite fit the screw. What the trick? Is there a special
screwdriver just for camera work?
James
Old July 2nd 04, 02:07 AM
Mike

"James Cloud" wrote in message
om...
I am trying to change the lithium battery in my Minolta 7000, but is
having a tough time removing three of the six screws. I used a 00
philip screwdriver. The size of the driver seems about right, but it
doesn't quite fit the screw. What the trick? Is there a special
screwdriver just for camera work?
James

All the drivers I use are ground to fit the screws I have to remove so I
have a large number of drivers.
It is possible there is a Loc-Tite type material holding the screw. For
screws that are very tight I use Wiha because they are easy on my hand.
Check out Micro-Tools.com.
Mike

Old July 2nd 04, 02:19 AM
Matt Clara

"James Cloud" wrote in message
om...
I am trying to change the lithium battery in my Minolta 7000, but is
having a tough time removing three of the six screws. I used a 00
philip screwdriver. The size of the driver seems about right, but it
doesn't quite fit the screw. What the trick? Is there a special
screwdriver just for camera work?
James

http://tinyurl.com/3gmjo

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old July 2nd 04, 02:52 AM
Matt Clara

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
.. .
"James Cloud" wrote in message
om...
I am trying to change the lithium battery in my Minolta 7000, but is
having a tough time removing three of the six screws. I used a 00
philip screwdriver. The size of the driver seems about right, but it
doesn't quite fit the screw. What the trick? Is there a special
screwdriver just for camera work?
James

http://tinyurl.com/3gmjo

Just kidding!

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old July 2nd 04, 11:01 PM
Ted Azito

Ed Romney used to sell a Vigor set, I think Jules Borel still has
them. It's impotant to learn to use a sharpening stone, and do so,
with straight blade drivers. Exactly like gunsmithing but on smaller
scale.

Fargo probably has the ones you can get at Sears-good but not
watchmaker grade.