39mm Enlarger lens to Nikon bayonet

Old December 16th 04, 05:47 PM

Default 39mm Enlarger lens to Nikon bayonet

I'm looking for an adapter to mate an enlarger lens with a 39mm (Leica)
mount to a Nikon body bayonet for macro work on a bellows. I can make
one but I'd just as soon not if I can find one. This is not available
as a regular lens to camera adapter since the standard Leica register
distance, 28.8mm is much shorter than the Nikon register distance,
46.5mm. This doesn't matter for enlarger lenses on a bellows. I saw a
reference to something like this in a Rodenstock flyer once but I
haven't been able to locate one.

Old December 16th 04, 07:12 PM
Jeremy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for an adapter to mate an enlarger lens with a 39mm (Leica)
mount to a Nikon body bayonet for macro work on a bellows. I can make
one but I'd just as soon not if I can find one. This is not available
as a regular lens to camera adapter since the standard Leica register
distance, 28.8mm is much shorter than the Nikon register distance,
46.5mm. This doesn't matter for enlarger lenses on a bellows. I saw a
reference to something like this in a Rodenstock flyer once but I
haven't been able to locate one.

If you can't find one, could you use TWO adapters--such as a Nikon to M42,
coupled with an M42 to Leica thread?

Old December 16th 04, 11:26 PM
MXP

I have just purchased such an adapter. Nikon made one.....called a L-F
adapter.
You can only get it 2nd hand as it is not made anymore. The one I got is
also
an extender tube.....I can best describe it as a PK13 with 39mm thread at
the front.
I think I have seen one which is just a slim Nikon F to 39mm Leica
thread....
I will use it as you intend to do......using enlarger lenses on a body or on
a bellow.

Max

oups.com...

Old December 17th 04, 04:31 AM
Phil Tobias

I have just purchased such an adapter. Nikon made one.....called a L-F
adapter. You can only get it 2nd hand as it is not made anymore.

I recall having one of these adaptors 15-25 years ago when I was doing creative
slide duplicating.

Doing some Googling, I came up with this mention: "The 'EL to F Mount Adaptor',
catalog # 2628, listed for $21.50 in 1977." A similar adaptor allowing reverse
mounting of an EL-Nikkor enlarging lens may also have been available.

My recollection is that for 1-1 magnification, I preferred using a Micro-Nikkor
camera lens over my El-Nikkor of similar focal length. But I don't recall if
that judgment was based solely on the optics.

eBay, old big-city camera stores, or specialty used dealers are probably the
best place to look for one of these adaptors.

Hope that helps. ...pt

Business/Communications start at http://www.PhilipTobias.com.
Grow your business using my technical and marketing communications -
Effective writing, graphic design, multimedia, photos, and Web sites.