What is the tecnique to make human skin look so soft?

Old July 28th 14, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aran Kimura

Default What is the tecnique to make human skin look so soft?

Serious question.

While all nudes are beautiful, the technique used in this one
site seem to do *something* to make the skin look especially
full and soft.
http://www.free-abbywinters.com/Pictures-archives.html

But, what technique is it that they're using to make the
skin look so, well, soft?

Is it the equipment?
The lighting?
Are they touching up all the pictures?
Old July 28th 14, 01:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 01:19:06 +0000 (UTC), Aran Kimura
wrote:

Serious question.

While all nudes are beautiful, the technique used in this one
site seem to do *something* to make the skin look especially
full and soft.
http://www.free-abbywinters.com/Pictures-archives.html

But, what technique is it that they're using to make the
skin look so, well, soft?

Is it the equipment?
The lighting?
Are they touching up all the pictures?

One man's celing is another man's floor, I guess.

Some truly awful stuff there. I'd suggest creating a second duplicate
layer in PS and using Gaussian Blur to about 99%.
Old July 28th 14, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aran Kimura

Bowser wrote, on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:15:31 -0400:

Some truly awful stuff there. I'd suggest creating a second duplicate
layer in PS and using Gaussian Blur to about 99%.

Wow. Surprised I am.

The answers (i.e., from tony, parko, & bowser) were universal that the
images were not displaying any particularly artistic technique.

And, the three of you covered topics that were of photographic interest
and not prurient interest.

Maybe I gave a bad example, or, maybe I *do* have beer goggles.
Let me try once more, but, I will attempt to find better examples.

If I google the style of photos, I find the Wikipedia (surprisingly)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbywinters.com

Which says the site strives for the "natural" look, which might
be what I'm trying to ask about (although I think I'm really asking
about the lighting and shadows that makes the skin so light & soft
looking, like a ripe fruit).

Let me find examples that don't keep changing every time I click
on them (so we can talk about the same photo set).

Let's try http://www.abbygirlz.com/index.htm and see if we can
pick an example of the 'genre' I'm trying to ask about...Darn.
It changes the set after you click. So, I'm not sure I can find
a single set that we can all discuss.

Let's try this https://myfavoritenudes.com/galleries/photographer.asp
and then I'll try to find a representative example. Darn. It is too
hard to reproduce.

I found this one, called "Tiff", but it has a lot of confusing
advertising around it.
http://www.nude-beauty.net/archive/2...y-blonde-tiff/

But, if you can see what I see, notice this last photo has a very
shallow depth of field. Maybe that's part of the technique?
http://www.nude-beauty.net/archive/w...09/tiff145.jpg

Then, look at the concomitant closeup shot:
http://www.nude-beauty.net/archive/w...09/tiff029.jpg

The "lighting" seems to make the skin look softer.
I'm sorry if I can't find a better example, but I'll look and post
separately, as I can see part of the problem is reproducing the shot
here so we can all see the same thing (without all that advertising
which gets in the way).

I'll try again after a longer search.

Old July 28th 14, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aran Kimura

Parko wrote, on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 07:44:15 +0000:

Serious reply. You got beer goggles on?

I think part of the problem is I can't find a good
URL that doesn't change with each press.

If I start here, I can pick a particular model with
a unique enough name to search twice on to get the
same url twice
http://abbywinters.adultsites.co/

OK. I picked as a representative model "Immie".
Searching on "Immie", I find this set:
http://abbywinters.adultsites.co/immie/

Notice that these are outdoor pics, but the quality
of lighting seems to not be from the outdoors (even
given a cloudy day).

How do they take those outdoors pictures without
having *any* harsh shadows?

Old July 28th 14, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aran Kimura

Aran Kimura wrote, on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:03:09 +0000:

Notice that these are outdoor pics, but the quality
of lighting seems to not be from the outdoors (even
given a cloudy day).

Here is an indoor set of "Nadine".
http://abbywinters.adultsites.co/nadine/

It's the lighting I am trying to understand.
Interestingly, this set has slightly harsher lighting
than the outdoor pictures (which is odd in and of itself).

Do they apply a filter to wash out the shadows?
Or, is the lighting just so well balanced that it comes
essentially from all directions at once?

The thing I'm looking at is the flushness of the skin
that this seems to highlight, although I note the shallow
depth of field yet again, for example, in this photo:
http://abbywinters.adultsites.co/nadine/nadine1-15/
Old July 28th 14, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aran Kimura

Aran Kimura wrote, on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 13:56:22 +0000:

The answers (i.e., from tony, parko, & bowser) were universal that the
images were not displaying any particularly artistic technique.

I found some permalinks at the archives.

Take, for example, February 2014 archives, which don't change so that
we can look at the same URL without it rotating out from under us.
http://abbywinters.adultsites.co/2014/02/

Then take the 8th picture, "Louise", so I can ask about that set.
http://abbywinters.adultsites.co/louise/

If I look at the lighting on the 'skin' (which is all I'm asking about,
and not particularly the pose or the background or anything else), in
this picture, it seems to show the skin as particularly "soft".
http://abbywinters.adultsites.co/louise/034-12/

Looking about, it's not the "shadows" per se, because this face shot
has what I'd consider unbalanced shadows on the face:
http://abbywinters.adultsites.co/louise/124-12/

But, in that shot above, the upper body looks particularly "clean and
soft", if I can describe the lighting effect.

Before I even ask my question about how they did that, technically,
I have to be able to describe it. But, as I type, I don't get any
feedback from you that I'm getting my description across.

Does anyone see what I'm trying to describe with respect only to
the softness / warmness look of the skin in most of these photos?
Old July 28th 14, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aran Kimura

Aran Kimura wrote, on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:15:43 +0000:

I found some permalinks at the archives.

Here is another set that seems permalinked.
http://aussieamateurgirls.com/aw/2274/

What lighting technique do you think they used
on those pictures to make the skin look so
clean and soft and warm?
Old July 28th 14, 03:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Aran Kimura
wrote:

Serious reply. You got beer goggles on?

I think part of the problem is I can't find a good
URL that doesn't change with each press.

you mean you can't disguise your spamming attempts.

....snip...

How do they take those outdoors pictures without
having *any* harsh shadows?

reflector and/or fill flash.
Old July 28th 14, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aran Kimura

nospam wrote, on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:24:30 -0400:

reflector and/or fill flash.

It can't be that easy because *everyone* uses reflectors
and fill flash.

If it's as simple as that, the only explanation then would
be that this particular outfit uses more than most by design?

I suspect they use some kind of special filtering, or,
film but that's why I asked the experts here.

Old July 28th 14, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 13:56:22 +0000 (UTC), Aran Kimura
wrote:

[...]

"In addition, the website claims that its photos are not retouched
in any way."

--- snip ---

Eric Stevens