Anyone else having problems with Photoshop CC 2014 and Bridge?

Old June 22nd 14, 05:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Anyone else having problems with Photoshop CC 2014 and Bridge?

I can't open Bridge from PS. All it does is open the CC screen.
Sometimes it tells me that my version of Bridge needs to be updated
(which it is already) but even when I do update, it makes no
difference.

Just to make matters worse, I can't find how to locate something in
the new Bridge and get it to open in PS.

I've had a quick look in Google and find that while it doesn't seem to
affect everyone, I am by no means alone with this problem and that it
affects both Windows and Mac.

Eric Stevens
Old June 22nd 14, 06:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-06-22 04:51:53 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

I can't open Bridge from PS. All it does is open the CC screen.
Sometimes it tells me that my version of Bridge needs to be updated
(which it is already) but even when I do update, it makes no
difference.

First, are you talking about PS CC and that update, or are you talking
about the new PS CC2014 install? They are two different things.

When you talk about opening Bridge, are you talking about opening
Bridge proper, or are you talking about Mini Bridge?

In CC 2014 if I go to File--Browse in Bridge, Bridge will open. I had
to purge the Bridge cache, but it works as expected.
However, there seems to be some sort of bug with CC 2014 regarding
extensions and installation of Panels. The Mini-Bridge panel, the Adobe
Exchange panel, the OnOne panel, and two texture panels I got vis Adobe
Exchange have not been installed. The Extensions Manager does not seem
to be working properly.

I will be contacting support to see what they have to say.

Both PS CC (updated) and PS CS6 both work as before.

Just to make matters worse, I can't find how to locate something in
the new Bridge and get it to open in PS.

I've had a quick look in Google and find that while it doesn't seem to
affect everyone, I am by no means alone with this problem and that it
affects both Windows and Mac.

Savageduck

Old June 22nd 14, 10:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 22:33:49 -0700, Savageduck

On 2014-06-22 04:51:53 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

I can't open Bridge from PS. All it does is open the CC screen.
Sometimes it tells me that my version of Bridge needs to be updated
(which it is already) but even when I do update, it makes no
difference.

First, are you talking about PS CC and that update, or are you talking
about the new PS CC2014 install? They are two different things.

See the subject heading: I'm talking about CC2014.

When you talk about opening Bridge, are you talking about opening
Bridge proper, or are you talking about Mini Bridge?

There seems to be no mini-bridge.

In CC 2014 if I go to File--Browse in Bridge, Bridge will open. I had
to purge the Bridge cache, but it works as expected.
However, there seems to be some sort of bug with CC 2014 regarding
extensions and installation of Panels. The Mini-Bridge panel, the Adobe
Exchange panel, the OnOne panel, and two texture panels I got vis Adobe
Exchange have not been installed. The Extensions Manager does not seem
to be working properly.

I will be contacting support to see what they have to say.

This may be part of the problem. Judging from what I have seen so far,
lots of people will be contacting support over my and related
problems.

Old June 22nd 14, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 6/22/2014 12:51 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
I can't open Bridge from PS. All it does is open the CC screen.
Sometimes it tells me that my version of Bridge needs to be updated
(which it is already) but even when I do update, it makes no
difference.

Just to make matters worse, I can't find how to locate something in
the new Bridge and get it to open in PS.

I've had a quick look in Google and find that while it doesn't seem to
affect everyone, I am by no means alone with this problem and that it
affects both Windows and Mac.

i have had the same issue on my PC. Open the task manager, and check the
processes running. You may find that Bridge did not close properly, and
has several, of what I call "phantom processes still running. Simply
close al instances of Bridge.exe.

--
PeterN
Old June 22nd 14, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 09:20:00 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 6/22/2014 12:51 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
I can't open Bridge from PS. All it does is open the CC screen.
Sometimes it tells me that my version of Bridge needs to be updated
(which it is already) but even when I do update, it makes no
difference.

Just to make matters worse, I can't find how to locate something in
the new Bridge and get it to open in PS.

I've had a quick look in Google and find that while it doesn't seem to
affect everyone, I am by no means alone with this problem and that it
affects both Windows and Mac.

i have had the same issue on my PC. Open the task manager, and check the
processes running. You may find that Bridge did not close properly, and
has several, of what I call "phantom processes still running. Simply
close al instances of Bridge.exe.

I can't replicate your problem. I have just tried:

[1] Start PS. Try to open Bridge from PS but get CC screen instead.

-- Close PS

[2] Start Bridge. Start PS (in that order). Try to open Bridge from PS
but get CC screen instead.

-- Close PS and Bridge.

[3] Start PS. Start Bridge (in that order). Try to open Bridge from PS
but get CC screen instead.

At no time did Taskmaster show anything out of the ordinary.

Unlike yesterday, at no time did CC ask me to update Bridge.

I guess there will be midnight oil burning in Adobe offices.

Eric Stevens
Old June 22nd 14, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 17:06:03 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

If you have Adobe CC, you should have an icon on your desktop for
Creative Cloud. It's white swirl on a red background. If you open
that, you will get a panel that will show you what apps have updates
you haven't installed. Check (tick) that, and it will show PS, PS
(2014) (if you have that downloaded), and Bridge. On the line for
each, it will say "Up to date" or tell you if there's an update
available.

I have got/done all that and according to CC all is OK and uptodate.
It should be for the number of times I've been asked to update it over
the last few days.

If you don't have the icon, it will be under "All programs" listed as
"Creative Cloud" with the white/red icon.

Eric Stevens
Old June 22nd 14, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

How did you try to open Bridge from PS CC 2014?

If I use *File--Browse in Bridge* from CC 2014. Bridge opens without issue.
However, Mini-Bridge is not available and the *Windows--Extension*
menu is grayed out/

-- Close PS

[2] Start Bridge. Start PS (in that order). Try to open Bridge from PS
but get CC screen instead.

-- Close PS and Bridge.

[3] Start PS. Start Bridge (in that order). Try to open Bridge from PS
but get CC screen instead.

With no version of PS open, I opened Bridge, selected a NEF and
right-clicked on it to select Open in Camera RAW. That worked.

Then still with no PS open I right-clicked and selected open with PS CC 2014.
PS CC 2014 opened, handed off to ACR as expected and open after
adjustment in PS as expected.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_756.jpg

At no time did Taskmaster show anything out of the ordinary.

Unlike yesterday, at no time did CC ask me to update Bridge.

Check your CC window, if you selected "Update All" then Bridge would
have been updated.

Bridge was updated with PS CC & PS CS6 to add the new cameras & lenses
to ACR. Bridge is also a portal to ACR. The LR5 update came several
hours later to do the same thing.
PS CC 2014 was not an update, but a new install of a new version.
So my current CC App status is as such:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_755.jpg

I guess there will be midnight oil burning in Adobe offices.

There should be.

Savageduck

Old June 22nd 14, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Yup! My CC panel icon is on my menu bar.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_757.jpg

Old June 22nd 14, 11:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

There is definitely a PS CC 2014 bug relating to extensions, and so in
some way Bridge, which Adobe needs to deal with ASAP.

Old June 22nd 14, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

In my digging about I found this. I don't know if it is related, as
Mini-Bridge works for me in all but PS CC 2014, but I will give it a
try.
http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...ridge-cs5.html

Savageduck