Jupiter

Old October 25th 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
stuff

Default Jupiter

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 01:43:38 +1000, Troy Piggins
wrote:

The astrophotography has been keeping me occupied lately. This
is my first attempt at planetary imaging. Lots to learn, I know.
Don't see much astrophotography here so thought I'd share.

You might like to subscribe to

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

During special events, like passages of comets, it's hard to keep up with
all that's posted and discussed there.

Old October 25th 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Ray Fischer

Outing Ignorant Trolls Is FUN! wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:44:43 +1100, Noons wrote:

Outing Ignorant Trolls Is FUN! wrote,on my timestamp of 25/10/2009 1:05 PM:

But like all useless trolls that know nothing about astronomy nor
photography, trolls who also know nothing about meteorology nor how land
cools off and heats up quicker with larger thermal contrasts (compared to
large bodies of water), they can't comprehend how this huge contrast in
thermal energies are fed into the atmosphere directly above the land .This

rest of demented raving clipped

And of course you are an expert in photography, meteorology and astronomy.
One wanders why you're posting as an unidentified troll from a well known troll
site, instead of working in Chile.
Ah yes: there are no "observatories" in florida...

BWAHAHAHA!

bwahahah right back atcha ... you know nothing of geology as well, I see.

And you asshole trolls simply know nothing.

--
Ray Fischer

Old October 25th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_31_]

wrote:

The astrophotography has been keeping me occupied lately. This
is my first attempt at planetary imaging. Lots to learn, I know.
Don't see much astrophotography here so thought I'd share.

You might like to subscribe to

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

During special events, like passages of comets, it's hard to keep up with
all that's posted and discussed there.

Thanks mate. I stick to text only groups. I find Ice In Space,
Cloudy Nights, and even Photography On The Net forums sufficient
to supplement my ever-decreasing USENET time.

--
Troy Piggins
Old October 26th 09, 09:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:19:56 -0700 (PDT), Noons
wrote:

On Oct 26, 7:48*am, Eric Stevens wrote:

I thought I was coming to your aid.

Really? *By claiming "ignorance is mutual"? When it is obvious it is the florida
troll that has no clue what/where he's talking about?

It was only obvious to those who already knew Oodnadata. I'm willing
to bet that the troll didn't have the faintest idea of what you were
talking about.

So, that's why you claimed mutual ignorance? Funny kind of "mutual"
you have: one side doesn't have a clue, so both sides are ignorant.
Right...

That's why I said 'ignorance is mutual' (whatever he
said about you applied at least equally well to him)

Oh please!

post the photograph of the landscape. I could have posted photographs
of the town itself but that would have given the troll to talk about
the disturbance created by all those people..

LOL! At last: some good humour!

I think you owe me an apology. If not that, you should at least cool
down.

Just to make the troll's day, here are two photographs of Oodnadata

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2569/...6f7e7b02_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/...f519fca5_b.jpg

As you can see, it is at the crest of a local mountain.

Eric Stevens
Old October 26th 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Noons

Eric Stevens wrote,on my timestamp of 26/10/2009 7:56 PM:

Just to make the troll's day, here are two photographs of Oodnadata

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2569/...6f7e7b02_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/...f519fca5_b.jpg

As you can see, it is at the crest of a local mountain.

Hehehe! Been there, done that.
Back in the 80s. Also in the same trip: Pedirka, Dalhousie, Purni Bore,
Finke River, Hamilton, MtConnor, Uluru, Katatjuta, Peterman ranges, Docker
River. And a heap of other places on the way in and out. Got a few scanned in
my gallery. There are a lot more.
I miss the days when we could take a long travel holiday in this country...
Old October 27th 09, 10:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Noons

Bob Larter wrote,on my timestamp of 27/10/2009 6:17 PM:
Noons wrote:
Bob Larter wrote,on my timestamp of 25/10/2009 3:28 PM:

makes popcorn

it's wasted...

Oh, hell no - I'm enjoying the show.

Hey: you guys OK with the downpour?
Old October 31st 09, 04:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Noons

Bob Larter wrote,on my timestamp of 31/10/2009 3:03 PM:

Hey: you guys OK with the downpour?

What downpour?

Floods. A week or so ago.
Old November 1st 09, 07:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Ray Fischer

Noons wrote:
Bob Larter wrote,on my timestamp of 31/10/2009 3:03 PM:

Hey: you guys OK with the downpour?

What downpour?

Floods. A week or so ago.

A week ago we had sunny and warm around 80F. Crickets chirping at
night.

You must live in the wrong part of the world. :-)

--
Ray Fischer

Old November 2nd 09, 09:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Noons

Bob Larter wrote,on my timestamp of 1/11/2009 5:28 PM:
Noons wrote:
Bob Larter wrote,on my timestamp of 31/10/2009 3:03 PM:

Hey: you guys OK with the downpour?

What downpour?

Floods. A week or so ago.

Not out my way.

Sorry, forgot you Mexicans live in a different country...