Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

Old August 31st 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

Default Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:24:14 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:

On Aug 26, 12:57*pm, Kulvinder Singh Matharu real-address-
wrote:
I've just returned from a trip around Afghanistan and have put some
of the more decent photos online here using a Flash-based engine:

http://www.ninjatrek.com/

Nice pics.

Hey, while you were in Afghanistan you didn't happen to see a fat
Australian sailing on a boat did ya?

Again, thanks. In terms of foreigners, all I saw were NATO ISAF, UN,
journos and embassy staff!
--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

Website : www.metalvortex.com
Contact : www.metalvortex.com/contact/

"Brain" and "brain"! What is "brain"?!
Old September 1st 09, 09:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris H

In message , Alfred Molon
writes
In article , Kulvinder Singh
Matharu says...
In terms of foreigners, all I saw were NATO ISAF, UN,
journos and embassy staff!

Can you visit Afghanistan as a tourist? Alone or in a tour?

If you have to ask: don't go.

Old September 2nd 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:40:50 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Kulvinder Singh
Matharu says...
In terms of foreigners, all I saw were NATO ISAF, UN,
journos and embassy staff!

Can you visit Afghanistan as a tourist? Alone or in a tour?

You can visit as a tourist and travel on your lonesome. You need to
supply a letter to the Afghan embassy along with your visa
application form explaining why you are going. Straightforward.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/afghanis...ormation/visas

There is a Lonely Planet book on Afghanistan which I found extremely
valuable. Also look he

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/afghanistan

Old September 2nd 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Allen[_3_]

Kulvinder Singh Matharu wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:40:50 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Kulvinder Singh
Matharu says...
In terms of foreigners, all I saw were NATO ISAF, UN,
journos and embassy staff!

Can you visit Afghanistan as a tourist? Alone or in a tour?

You can visit as a tourist and travel on your lonesome. You need to
supply a letter to the Afghan embassy along with your visa
application form explaining why you are going. Straightforward.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/afghanis...ormation/visas

There is a Lonely Planet book on Afghanistan which I found extremely
valuable. Also look he

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/afghanistan

Kulvinder, if I dare make an on-topic comment, I enjoyed looking at your
pictures. Because of mobility issues, traveling is not a part of my life
nowadays, but I especially enjoy seeing well-done photos of places I
will never see.
Allen
Old September 2nd 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

Allen wrote:

Kulvinder Singh Matharu wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:40:50 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Kulvinder Singh
Matharu says...
In terms of foreigners, all I saw were NATO ISAF, UN,
journos and embassy staff!
Can you visit Afghanistan as a tourist? Alone or in a tour?

You can visit as a tourist and travel on your lonesome. You need to
supply a letter to the Afghan embassy along with your visa
application form explaining why you are going. Straightforward.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/afghanis...ormation/visas

There is a Lonely Planet book on Afghanistan which I found extremely
valuable. Also look he

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/afghanistan

Kulvinder, if I dare make an on-topic comment, I enjoyed looking at your
pictures. Because of mobility issues, traveling is not a part of my life
nowadays, but I especially enjoy seeing well-done photos of places I
will never see.
Allen

Kulvinder

Wonderful website of interesting travel material. Thanks for taking the time to put to together.

w..

Old September 3rd 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:34:01 -0400, Walter Banks
wrote:

Allen wrote:

[snip]
Kulvinder, if I dare make an on-topic comment, I enjoyed looking at your
pictures. Because of mobility issues, traveling is not a part of my life
nowadays, but I especially enjoy seeing well-done photos of places I
will never see.
Allen

Kulvinder

Wonderful website of interesting travel material. Thanks for taking the time to put to together.

w..

Allen, Walter, thanks. I do put significant effort into the
photography and getting them online. I've learned many thinks reading
these newsgroups over the years so I like to think that I have also
contributed positively for others enjoyment and knowledge.