HDR - how to get the photmatix colours?

Old June 23rd 09, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Default HDR - how to get the photmatix colours?

I've done a fair bit of HDR imaging, but always with enfuse,
which gives a very naturalistic effect (a bit like the human vision system).

I've used it to take overcome DR limitations in extreme HDR scenarios.

But I'd like to have a play with the weird and wonderful super-saturated
colours that some of the other HDR software can't avoid!

Is there anything FREE FOR LINUX that has similar unnatural effects
to photomatix?

BugBear
Old June 23rd 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid

bugbear wrote:

Is there anything FREE FOR LINUX that has similar unnatural effects
to photomatix?

Yes, qtpfsgui. It does the sort of thing you're looking for and more. You
may even find in in one of your O/S' repositories, it's in for my O/S

--
sid
RLU 300284

Old June 24th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Spanjaard

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:59:57 +0000, sid wrote:

Is there anything FREE FOR LINUX that has similar unnatural effects to
photomatix?

Yes, qtpfsgui. It does the sort of thing you're looking for and more.
You may even find in in one of your O/S' repositories, it's in for my
O/S

I agree. Both examples below were processed with qtpfsgui. I don't take
colors to the extremes (it gets boring _very_ fast), but the second one is
quite close to what you find on the web.
The first one is quite natural, just to show that you don't _have_ to
oversaturate them. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/photo/fullsize/CRW_3356.jpg
http://www.arumes.com/photo/fullsize/CRW_2840.jpg

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
Old June 24th 09, 11:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
byran t decker

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:59:57 GMT, sid
wrote:

bugbear wrote:

Is there anything FREE FOR LINUX that has similar unnatural effects
to photomatix?

Yes, qtpfsgui. It does the sort of thing you're looking for and more. You
may even find in in one of your O/S' repositories, it's in for my O/S

All HDR software can produce this effect if you don't know how to use it
properly. Though some software like Dynamic-Photo HDR makes it far more
difficult to recreate these common garishly ugly errors as seen in most all
Photomatix manipulated photos. This is why you see so much of those surreal
and other-wordily compositions, Photomatix is popular from being
perpetuated by idiots. 99.9999% of all camera owners are idiots. 99.999% of
those who have HDR software haven't changed their idiot status. Proving it
in how they operate their software too. qtpfsgui is excellent software, as
can be all others, when used by the proper hands with a functional mind
attached to them.

Owners and popularizers of Photomatix software create photography that is
reminiscent of the disgustingly arcane quality of "Dogs Playing Poker"
painted on black velvet, proudly displayed next to an equally
socially-disturbing velvet painting of "The baby elvis jesus".

Tools, no matter how good, in the hands of idiots will always create more
landfill.

Old June 24th 09, 11:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

byran t decker wrote:

All HDR software can produce this effect if you don't know how to use it
properly.

Actually, I don't think that's true - I've never made those
curious effects using enfuse, hence my request!

BugBear
Old June 25th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

byran t decker wrote:

Tools, no matter how good, in the hands of idiots will always create more
landfill.

Not when only electrons are abused.......

--
john mcwilliams