Please explain?

Old August 31st 08, 07:03 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Robert Coe

Default Please explain?

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:33:57 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:
: Alan Browne wrote:
: Moose & Squirrel wrote:
: Alan Browne wrote:
:
: PS: Where are your SI submissions?
:
:
: Can an alleged "sockpuppet" actually submit to the SI? And *if* Helen
: really was a "sock," and the owner also submitted as well, then would
: this not be more than the three submissions allowed...
:
: I have no reason to believe she is a sock and as you carefully use
: adverbs like alleged, then apparently neither do you.
:
: adjective. /sigh/

I believe most grammarians would call it a verbal (specifically an adjectival
past participle). Unlike "true" adjectives, it's not subject to comparison.

Moving right on ...

Given the email address problems you've reported, would it be possible for you
to publish the names of those from whom you *have* received SI submissions?
I've yet to see a confirmation of the three images I sent to the replacement
address, and I'm concerned that they (along with my earlier submission to the
bogus address) may be wallowing in the bit bucket somewhere.

Bob
Old August 31st 08, 07:17 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Robert Coe wrote:

I've yet to see a confirmation of the three images I sent to the replacement
address, and I'm concerned that they (along with my earlier submission to the
bogus address) may be wallowing in the bit bucket somewhere.

I sent you a reply at 10:41 EDST yesterday stating that all 3 have been
received.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 31st 08, 07:27 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Annika1980 wrote:
On Aug 30, 6:30 pm, John McWilliams wrote:

You could simply stop the baiting, taunting and especially the
cross-posting. That's the "little" you can do. Hah!

You and a few others - fortunately a very few- are the only ones who
consistently start x-posts. You and "Rita" are the two who do the most
of it, and the ones I will set followups to r.p.d. when I want.

Funny though, when Rita or someone else does it they don't get the
RITA IS A PEDOPHILE treatment.

I don't think anyone thinks that's amusing. Peculiar funny, yes.

Might be yet another reason to stop x-posting to aus.photo, as well as
not cross posting, period.

--
john mcwilliams

Old August 31st 08, 07:49 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
ASAAR

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:58:52 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

- JT
wishes all the readership in Australia a happy September 1st.

What's so special in Australia about 09.01? ...

here, Canada (and US "Labor Day") Sept. 1 is "Labour Day" (or rather 1st
Monday of Sept.)

Not necessarily what Rocky and Bullwinkle had in mind, but there
is a :

Security Treaty Between the United States, Australia, and New Zealand
(ANZUS); September 1, 1951

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/in...ti/usmu002.htm

Old August 31st 08, 07:51 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
ASAAR

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:53:50 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

When you catch an adjective, kill it.
-Mark Twain

I don't kill what I won't eat. I eat a lot of spiders and mosquitoes
because of that...

We'll make you eat your words for that, bub. g

Old September 1st 08, 05:53 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
SneakyP

Savageduck wrote in

On 2008-08-30 10:21:06 -0700, BlackShadow said:

No, I'm not Pauline Hanson nor is she my aunty.

Well that is sad.

What I'd appreciate is some explanation about is the puerile feud
going on with Annika and noons and their many and varied socks.

If somebody could explain it, you might start bleeding from your eyes
and/or ears. You might forgo ever going online again. You might become
a stealth warrior and eliminate them for the benefit of all mankind,
or you might retire to a mounain top to contemplate your navel.

So don't question it, just sit back and enjoy the show.

There wasn't any question about it. The OP is simply making an overt
statement about turning posters in for "pedophilia" while making the
statement that people who flame with the "pedo" tag are in fact begging
for covert LE involvement in their lives, to be notated in a
non-purgeable "pedophile" investigation file. Sounds about right.

AFAIKT - this k00kfight is nothing more than arguments about who has the
best equipment, shooting talent, etc...and can't win with simple debates
so the lowest common denominator usenet flameword appears. DumbDumb
isn't interested to k/f those posts. For the record, these trolltards
should put their money in their mouths, **** and get off the pot, stop
with the whines, whatever, and just file a report to their police about
each other, but they dont because they know it's just a silly trolling
flamewar.

That OP doesn't take this in that light - and thinks that reporting
these rediculous trolls will make the LEA thank them with applauds and
accolades, (or so he wants the trolls to believe). Yeah RRRRIGHT.
More importantly, so he thinks, is that the threat of report is enough
to make some other people to stop posting their flamewars. RRRRIGHT #2.

That fallacy is quacky...Just report them and complain to their
provider. No bluffs are needed. Take it real life - just be sure to
note your motivation here. No more needs done, besides a kf entry. LE
might ask why you continue to see them if you complained about them in
the first place.

It depends, is it worth prosecution over name calling ninnies?

--
SneakyP
To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
down :0)
Old September 1st 08, 06:01 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
m...

There's nothing wrong with spending 10 or 15 minutes a day to stir the
pot,
so to say.

How about those of us who try to have an intelligent discourse while certain
folks, who very well may be incapable of same, just troll onwards.

I agree that many here have too much time and emotional
investment in the groups. But this leads you back to what you're dealing
with. Most likely these folks are a bunch of washed up senile geezers
that
really have nothing else better to do.

I've learned long ago that trying to help people on Usenet is a futile
effort. The people that genuinely come here for help are met with
negativity and bickering.

And there are many who genuinely want to help and many who actually get good
information. There are latent A-holes in real life who can come out without
fear of exposure. I truly feel sorry for them.

Then you have the people "regulars" that morph to
try to get attention by passing off seeming innocent questions for the
sake
of getting a response.

You mean like trying to start a Nikon v Canon debate?

That's why I find it is best to sit back and
stimulate on my own terms and pace.

So you believe in self gratification?

Glad you have a sense of humor.

--
Peter

Old September 1st 08, 07:01 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Peter wrote:
[...]

"Rita" is also superior to the rest of the group here. It's his
playground, and so anything goes, including incessant cross posting.

--
john mcwilliams
Old September 1st 08, 07:01 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Noons wrote:
On Sep 1, 11:32 am, Annika1980 wrote:
On Aug 31, 3:10 am, Noons wrote:

in case you haven't noticed I hardly ever drink: it's against my religion.

Is that why you hardly ever beat your wife and only rarely abuse your
daughter? What religion is that ..... 7th Day Atheist?

another one for the record. Kep ait it,
coward. It only shows to the evidence the
filthy quality of your thought process.

you really have no clue, do you? I don't give a ****
about photography, you dickhead.

Obviously.

Of course. It's only a hobby. In your case
though, it's gonna hurt when you're stopped
from doing it...

Old September 2nd 08, 06:40 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
As for the playground, you're right. I single handedly stimulate enough
idiots to drop the noise floor to the point of being nonexistent.

So you're a malicious asshole who is determined to destroy these
newsgroups.

How special.

--
Ray Fischer