Best Spent $600???

Old August 8th 04, 06:22 PM
Sabineellen

Default Best Spent $600???

Any others that I should consider?
How about the Olympus C5060w? Fuji Finepix S7000?

The G5 will soon be updated to the G6.
Fuji s7000 was criticized for its image quality.

I would get the Olympus c5060w, which has a superb image quality. I almost got
it but decided to get the HP 945 because it uses AA batteries and has a longer
zoon. The image quality from the 5060 or even the 5050 shows a sharper lens.
Both the 5060 and the HP 945 won DIMA 2004 awards for image quality. The 5060
is a better camera overall if you don't mind the proprietary batteries. As for
zoom, i think wide angle is better than long telephoto. The HP 945 may soon be
updated.
Old August 8th 04, 08:52 PM
Jeremy Nixon

Tom C. wrote:

I'm finally jumping into the digital camera world after having a great slr
system for some years. [...]

If your SLR is a Nikon or Canon, spend a couple hundred more and get a digital
SLR to go with the lenses you already have. The difference will be well worth
it.

--
Jeremy |
Old August 8th 04, 09:13 PM
Richard Cockburn

Jeremy Nixon wrote in
:

Tom C. wrote:

I'm finally jumping into the digital camera world after having a
great slr system for some years. [...]

If your SLR is a Nikon or Canon, spend a couple hundred more and get a
digital SLR to go with the lenses you already have. The difference
will be well worth it.

I couldn't agree more. Great advice.

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn

Old August 8th 04, 09:14 PM
Richard Cockburn

(Sabineellen) wrote in
:

The G5 will soon be updated to the G6.

Do you have any proof to support this claim?

Old August 8th 04, 09:39 PM
Sabineellen

http://www.engadget.com/entry/6551347467167668/
Old August 8th 04, 09:39 PM
Sabineellen

Old August 8th 04, 10:50 PM
Beowulf

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 20:56:03 -0700, Tom C. wrote:

I'm finally jumping into the digital camera world after having a great slr
system for some years. Would like a 5mp or better mid-level camera to start
with and was considering the Canon G5, until I read about the slow autofocus
that some reviewers have mentioned online. Trying to keep my budget to
$600, but can probably go up to $700 if it's worth it.

Spend another $100-200 and consider the Canon Digital Rebel, a true SLR
digital camera, very nice. You would not regret it in my opinion. I have
the Canon 10D SLR digital, essentially the same camera but with a better
body (the camera, not me!). I think it retails for $999 but street price
should be cheaper.

--
"It said it needed Windows98 or better installed, so I installed Linux."

Old August 9th 04, 05:28 AM
nellybly

In article , Sabineellen
wrote: