100 T-max developing

Old March 17th 04, 12:40 AM
Jackman115

Default 100 T-max developing

Is there any difference in the developing time between the old T-Max 100 and
the new version 100 T-Max.
Thanks
Bill
Old March 17th 04, 12:53 AM
Msherck

for 4x5 sheet film my time in T-Max RS went from 11 minutes to 8 minutes.
Sorry, haven't shot roll film in ages. You need to test: expect a different
time!

Mike

C program run. C program crash. C programmer quit.

Old March 17th 04, 01:31 AM
Frank Pittel

Jackman115 wrote:
: Is there any difference in the developing time between the old T-Max 100 and
: the new version 100 T-Max.
: Thanks

It depends on what developer you're using. According to my failing memory
Kodak states that the development time is unchanged with the Tmax developers.

When I tested the new film I found the time to be the same with the Tmax deveopers.
That said I would recomend you do your own testing.

-------------------

Old March 17th 04, 01:50 AM
Richard Poole

Bill,
I've only used the T-Max 100 120 roll film pro packs and these have
adjusted dev. times printed on the inside for the new film.
Over the last few months with the regular T-Max I suggest Kodak have been
playing around with the film (minor adjustments) but these have effected the
dev. time of the regular film so I have reduced the dev. time by 1/2 minute
to compensate for this with consistantly good results.
I use T-Max developer so can only comment on this.
The new film has a reduced dev. time so if old and new films are mixed up
for developing it won't matter or be detrimental to either film stock.
regards,
Richard.

-- Richard Poole
photographer
view the publication 'The Lighting Workshop' at;
http://www.lmphotonics.com/photoretreat/

----------

Old March 17th 04, 07:20 PM
Philippe Lauwers

"Jackman115" schreef in bericht
Is there any difference in the developing time between the old T-Max 100

and
the new version 100 T-Max.
Thanks
Bill

In 35 mm, I've only been shooting the old version of TMX up to now (still
three rolls to go ...). Kodak recommended 11 1/2 minutes when using D76 1:1
@ 20°C. I've always had the best results with a developing time of 11
minutes.

Recently I purchased a hassy and have been using the new version of TMX in
this camera. Kodak recommendations for D76 1:1 @ 20°C are 9 1/5 minutes.
With these recommened values, I found I lacked shadow-detail. At first I
prolonged my development time, but I eventually ended up rating 120 TMX @ 64
ISO, and developing it in according to the recommendations for exposures @
100 ISO.
I know I've been changing 2 parameters at the same time (both the new
emulsion, and a new film-format), so I'll probably have some more testing to
before doing 'important' things with this film in 135-format.

Using D76, either straight or dilluted, yields different (shorter)
development times. Kodak-recommendations should probably bring you close,
but for the sigar, you'll have some more work to do

Philippe