[SI] - A is up

Old April 22nd 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default [SI] - A is up

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

--
The Committee
Old April 22nd 12, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Robert Coe

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:00:01 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

They seem to have lost their captions, though. Here are the ones for Martha's
and my pictures.

A.Martha_Coe.1

Amish Country in April. The photographer ignores the Amish buggy to
concentrate on the passing train. (We think that's probably a Canon 5D.)

A.Martha_Coe.2

Amish Transportation. Local travel for observant Amish is pretty much limited
to horse-drawn buggies and walking. The buggy must be "plain", but is often as
handsomely constructed as any automobile. The horse, always large and
beautifully groomed, displays a regal bearing that concedes nothing to any car
or truck.

A.Martha_Coe.3

April Flower. This daffodil, of uncertain ancestry, has three rings of petals
instead of the more usual one.

A.Bob_Coe.1

Anticipation. Justin enjoys a ride on the Strasburg Railroad, but his real
destination is the nearby Pennsylvania Railroad Museum. That comes later,
after lunch in the converted dining car at the Red Caboose Motel.

A.Bob_Coe.2

Amish Farm. Or maybe not; this one does appear to have electricity. But though
the Amish have a reputation for sometimes brutal enforcement of their
community rules, each community has considerable latitude in determining what
those rules are.

A.Bob_Coe.3

Afternoon. The Pennsylvania Railroad Museum has a large collection of restored
locomotives and passenger cars. This train is from the Virginia & Truckee, a
mining (now tourist) railroad in Virginia City, Nevada.

Bob
Old April 22nd 12, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

wrote:
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

They seem to have lost their captions, though. Here are the ones for Martha's
and my pictures.

Fixed. Sorry about that.

[...]

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old April 23rd 12, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-22 15:00:01 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

I think you got my artichoke and Avila pier mixed up with the labeling.

Savageduck

Old April 23rd 12, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-22 15:00:01 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

I think you got my artichoke and Avila pier mixed up with the labeling.

BTW: I am curious as to how you managed to change the EXIF to show that
the flash did not fire for SI-A(rtichoke). The old SB-800 worked pretty
well when I took the shot and that shows in my EXIF data???
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/SI-A-01.jpg

Savageduck

Old April 23rd 12, 03:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Robert Coe

Default - A is up

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:00:33 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:
: On Apr 22, 7:38*pm, Savageduck wrote:
: On 2012-04-22 16:16:26 -0700, Savageduck said:
:
: On 2012-04-22 15:00:01 -0700, Alan Browne
: said:
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a
:
: I think you got my artichoke and Avila pier mixed up with the labeling.
:
: BTW: I am curious as to how you managed to change the EXIF to show that
: the flash did not fire for SI-A(rtichoke). The old SB-800 worked pretty
: well when I took the shot and that shows in my EXIF data???
: http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/SI-A-01.jpg
:
: --
: Regards,
:
: Savageduck
:
: If memory serves, Pbase has a history of screwing up EXIF flash data.

I think you're right. I believe I've seen it happen.

Bob
Old April 23rd 12, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-22 15:00:01 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

I think you got my artichoke and Avila pier mixed up with the labeling.

When did the committee decide to arbitrarily edit jpeg file names? or
is PBase behaving strangely?
None of those ended up as I sent them:

SI-A(rtichoke)-Savageduck-01; became "A-Avila_duck"
SI-A(vila Pier)-Savageduck-02; became "A_Art_Duck"
SI-A(delaidaSchool)-Savageduck-03; became "Adelaide_School_duck"

Adelaida is a rural community in California, Adelaide is a city in Australia.

Savageduck

Old April 23rd 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-22 16:16:26 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-04-22 15:00:01 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

I think you got my artichoke and Avila pier mixed up with the labeling.

When did the committee decide to arbitrarily edit jpeg file names?

Never. But we could make an exception for you in particular.

or is
PBase behaving strangely?
None of those ended up as I sent them:

SI-A(rtichoke)-Savageduck-01; became "A-Avila_duck"
SI-A(vila Pier)-Savageduck-02; became "A_Art_Duck"
SI-A(delaidaSchool)-Savageduck-03; became "Adelaide_School_duck"

In the case of your photos they were DL'd from the image and were named
"securedownload" by Yahoo. So I typed in new names. I'll correct them
(esp. the ones I reversed). In looking at it again, if I had DL'd the
"attachment" instead of the image on screen, it would have worked correctly.

Everyone else's file names came through correctly as that's what I did -
their images did not show up in Yahoo mail immediately. Strange
difference - could be your mail client composed the mail differently.

I'll fix the titles.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old April 23rd 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-23 14:32:43 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-04-22 16:16:26 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-04-22 15:00:01 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

[...]

Odd.
I have never had that problem before. I use, and have used Apple "Mail"
as my mail client since my first use of OSX.

Savageduck

Old April 23rd 12, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-22 16:16:26 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-04-22 15:00:01 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

I think you got my artichoke and Avila pier mixed up with the labeling.

See other post.

BTW: I am curious as to how you managed to change the EXIF to show that
the flash did not fire for SI-A(rtichoke). The old SB-800 worked pretty
well when I took the shot and that shows in my EXIF data???
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/SI-A-01.jpg

All my on camera flash shots show as no flash fired in the PBase EXIF
report.

Studio lights never show flash fired in the EXIF, by the way if TTL/sync
triggered - they might show when using more advanced radio triggers
attached to the hotshoe.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.