RichA Threads

Old December 5th 10, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Default RichA Threads

I'm going to try to killfile all his threads ('K' key in Thunderbird).
Kind of an extreme measure but it's just weird when 90% of the threads
are started with some crazy Rich claim. The one about being raped keeps
popping up... ahhhhhh!

Rich, you do post on a lot of relevant and interesting current events
but the whole tone tends to start off ...um... kinda disgusting frankly.
I just don't like all the threads leading in with this horrible
negativity in the title.

I hereby vow to keep this up through the month of December. I predict
not a lot of action on the groups :-(
Old December 7th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
peter

On 12/5/2010 1:29 AM, RichA wrote:
On Dec 4, 9:50 pm, Paul wrote:
I'm going to try to killfile all his threads ('K' key in Thunderbird).
Kind of an extreme measure but it's just weird when 90% of the threads
are started with some crazy Rich claim. The one about being raped keeps
popping up... ahhhhhh!

Rich, you do post on a lot of relevant and interesting current events
but the whole tone tends to start off ...um... kinda disgusting frankly.
I just don't like all the threads leading in with this horrible
negativity in the title.

I hereby vow to keep this up through the month of December. I predict
not a lot of action on the groups :-(

I could always leave you to the Chinese spammers since those who don't
filter the groups should notice spam messages comprise about 80% of
the messages here. Meanwhile, most of you people NEVER post anything
original, you simply post reactions to original posts, many without
anything original in them.

Why didn't you answer my questions. They were directed to your specific
comments. And yes they have everything to do with photography, as you
initiated the discussions.

--
Peter
Old December 7th 10, 04:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

peter wrote in
:

On Dec 4, 9:50 pm, Paul wrote:
[...]

Everything to do with photography? Have you asked one question having
anything to do with the mandate of the newsgroup?
Old December 7th 10, 02:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
peter

On 12/6/2010 11:28 PM, Rich wrote:
wrote in
:

On Dec 4, 9:50 pm, Paul wrote:
[...]

Don't try diversion by attacking the question.
PLASTIC.
And you very well know what I am referring to.
BUSINESS PRACTICES
And you very well know what I am referring to.

In each of the above you raised points about cheap plastic and shoddy
business practices.

I challenge both of your assertions. Since you raised them in connection
with photography, answer my points in connection with photography.

If you can't STFU
--
Peter
Old December 12th 10, 07:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell[_2_]

On 2010-12-04 18:50:05 -0800, Paul Furman said:

I'm going to try to killfile all his threads ('K' key in Thunderbird).
Kind of an extreme measure but it's just weird when 90% of the threads
are started with some crazy Rich claim. The one about being raped keeps
popping up... ahhhhhh!

Rich, you do post on a lot of relevant and interesting current events
but the whole tone tends to start off ...um... kinda disgusting
frankly. I just don't like all the threads leading in with this
horrible negativity in the title.

I hereby vow to keep this up through the month of December. I predict
not a lot of action on the groups :-(

I killfiled him more than a year ago. Now almost every thread begins
with "" So apparently Rich is just about the only guy starting new
threads any more.

Sad state of affairs. Or maybe we are all just too busy taking pictures
or something, which would be a good thing.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old December 12th 10, 02:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 10-12-12 2:03 , C J Campbell wrote:

I killfiled him more than a year ago. Now almost every thread begins
with "" So apparently Rich is just about the only guy starting new
threads any more.

Sad state of affairs. Or maybe we are all just too busy taking pictures
or something, which would be a good thing.

As I and others have said befo

1. Just don't engage in RichA and troll threads (and yes, I do on
occasion as well).

2. Start fresh, relevant threads - try to start something interesting
once per week.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old December 17th 10, 12:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles[_2_]

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

I killfiled him more than a year ago. Now almost every thread begins
with "" So apparently Rich is just about the only guy starting new
threads any more.

Sad state of affairs. Or maybe we are all just too busy taking pictures
or something, which would be a good thing.

The technology has matured to the point where there is nothing much left to
do but use it and enjoy it, and that's a problem for some gear-heads. Some
of them really never wanted good cameras, as much as they wanted things to
bitch about.

The semi-sentient gear-heads have now given up, but Rich keeps bitching as
that is his raison d'être.