Perkeo I vs Perkeo II

Old March 20th 04, 11:18 AM
Fredrik Nilsson

Default Perkeo I vs Perkeo II

What is the difference between Voigtländer Perkeo I and Perkeo II?

/Fredrik
Old March 21st 04, 07:43 AM
Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee

The Perkeo II is much perkier??

Old March 21st 04, 06:23 PM
Lassi Hippeläinen

"Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee" wrote:

The Perkeo II is much perkier??

Hey, yu could give a response that contains facts, like "use google" ;-)

Anyway, the first hit was
http://home.t-online.de/home/tigin/voigt16.htm, and it judging by it
there is no main difference. It depends on the model and year. II seems
to be a higher-end model than I.

-- Lassi
Old March 22nd 04, 06:30 AM
Chung Wong

Fredrik Nilsson wrote in message ws.com...
What is the difference between Voigtländer Perkeo I and Perkeo II?

/Fredrik

If I remember correctly, the Perkeo II has double exposure prevention
mechanism. Would somebody knowledgible correct me if I am wrong as I
own two Perkeo II but no Perkeo I.

Chung Wong
Old March 22nd 04, 11:46 AM
JCPERE

(Chung Wong)

Fredrik Nilsson wrote in message
ews.com...
What is the difference between Voigtländer Perkeo I and Perkeo II?

/Fredrik

If I remember correctly, the Perkeo II has double exposure prevention
mechanism. Would somebody knowledgible correct me if I am wrong as I
own two Perkeo II but no Perkeo I.

Also doesn't the I come with the 3 element Vaskar lens and the II with the
tessar like Color-Skopar.

Old March 22nd 04, 02:34 PM
Lassi Hippeläinen

JCPERE wrote:

(Chung Wong)

Fredrik Nilsson wrote in message
ews.com...
What is the difference between Voigtländer Perkeo I and Perkeo II?

/Fredrik

If I remember correctly, the Perkeo II has double exposure prevention
mechanism. Would somebody knowledgible correct me if I am wrong as I
own two Perkeo II but no Perkeo I.

Also doesn't the I come with the 3 element Vaskar lens and the II with the
tessar like Color-Skopar.

The link I sent to this thread listed I and II having mostly same
features, but obviously the more expensive II had them first. Even the
Color-Skopar was first in II but eventually also in I. The shutter seems
to have passed through similar developments over the years.

So it all depends on the year when the cameras were made...

-- Lassi
Old March 22nd 04, 05:46 PM
Dan Cytron

I think the main difference is that the Perkeo I uses the red window manual
film advance. The Perkeo II has an "automatic" film advance (line up "1" in
the red window and then flip a lever and the film advance is automatic after
that.

Dan

Old March 22nd 04, 10:50 PM
Keith Patterson

I have a Perkeo I with the 3 element Vaskar lens, and it gives super sharp
images - maybe I'm just lucky with mine. When I'm going hiking and I want a
small lightweight MF camera, this is the one for me. However, I just
scanned a negative from it last night, and I noticed some fall-off in the
extreme corners of the image, even though the aperture was f5.6 or possibly
f8. It's also an extremely attractive camera to look at, and very easy in
the hand. Because it is of simple construction, there is less to go wrong,
less to remember to do. There is a double-exposure prevention mechanism on
my example as well.

--
s.com...