New book, can I get your opinion please?

Old November 4th 03, 04:39 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

Default New book, can I get your opinion please?

The "then and now" shots are OK. I like T&N shots in general.

However, the double exposure T&N's leave me irritated. To
me it's a gimmick. A book of straight T&N's would be preferable.
You do, however, seem to have found Brady's tripod holes.

Other critiques: The prose is a bit gushing and the production
is overdone, but that may just be the impression from the web
site.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Old November 5th 03, 03:17 AM
PhotographerInDC

Thank you for your feedback. As for the double exposure, I came across that by
mistake....and I found it facinated to see what has changed, and what is still
the same. I never meant it as a gimmick. My original intent....which I think
you liked, was to search out the exact spot Brady and his men stood. I think I
was pretty sucessful in that. It was a lot of fun trying to figure that out.
When I just did a traditional T&N format, it looked like every other book that
was out there.

As for the text in the book compared to the site.....I wrote everything in the
book, but then had it edited by 2 different university professors....to make
sure it sounded correct. The website, is just me. LOL (you can see why I had
it edited twice) :P

Thank you again for your critique. I really do appreciate it, and your
honesty.

Mike

www.ghostsofthefield.com

www.virtualcivilwar.com