Pelican swallows pigeon

Old October 26th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Daniel Silevitch

Default Pelican swallows pigeon

and someone happened to be in the right place at the right time with a
camera:

Story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/6083468.stm
Larger photo:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...756/html/1.stm

-dms
Old October 26th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:45:49 GMT, Daniel Silevitch wrote:

and someone happened to be in the right place at the right time with a
camera:

Better than eating small dogs.

Old October 26th 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

Daniel Silevitch wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:16:04 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:45:49 GMT, Daniel Silevitch wrote:

and someone happened to be in the right place at the right time with a
camera:

Better than eating small dogs.

There are doubters on this one, so far the only person to have spoken
about the incident is the photographer. No interviews with little
Johnny or his Nanny.

If it's a fake photo, it's a pretty decent Photoshop job. But now that
you mention it, yes it is a bit odd that no other witnesses were quoted
in the story. Just the photographer and various consulted experts.

-dms

Well, it's just newsgroup mumbles really but nowadays it seems there's
always someone with a camera phone handy and for once there seems to
be nobody with a moving image, so the only word we have for the
incident appears to be him, and it was quickly pointed out he's got
himself a lot of free publicity....

oops, I may have jumped the gun a bit quickly there - moving footage!
(actually dated earlier this month)

http://www.uneasysilence.com/archive/2006/10/7890/

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old October 26th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Daniel Silevitch

wrote:

[...]

That's quite a video clip. Thanks. I suppose I should have felt sorry
for the pigeon, but I just had to laugh while watching it.

My co-worker raised the question of whether this will become a habit for
that particular pelican; pigeon-hunting has got to be easier than
chasing fish.

-dms
Old October 26th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

Paul Heslop wrote:

oops, I may have jumped the gun a bit quickly there - moving footage!
(actually dated earlier this month)

http://www.uneasysilence.com/archive/2006/10/7890/

That is SO COOL! God I love death!

Errr...I mean, uh, quite an interesting scientific record of a natural
predator-pray struggle that deserves further study.