Photo hosting sites.

Old December 13th 07, 07:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
The Vintage Monk

Default Photo hosting sites.

My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.

I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40

Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?
Old December 13th 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

In rec.photo.digital The Vintage Monk wrote:
My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.

I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40

Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

What kind of entertainment do you find Flickr lacks?

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[

Old December 13th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ernie Anton

The Vintage Monk wrote:
My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.

I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40

Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

Pbase is the troll site of choice.
Use the 30 day trial to post stolen images.

Smugmug is a ridiculous name.

--
Ernie
Old December 13th 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MaryL

"The Vintage Monk" wrote in message
My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.

I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40

Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

I use PictureTrail. There is a free introductory period of about 30 days
(possibly longer -- I'm not sure about that). I think the "basic" is about
$20.00 a year, and there is an upgrade for about $30.00 a year.

MaryL

Old December 13th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, aus.photo, rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Dec 13, 2:56 am, The Vintage Monk
wrote:
My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.

I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40

Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

If I remember correctly, both have a free trail period. Both have good
hosting capabilities. Smugmug is a family run business and their
customer service, I'm told by others who are using them, is far better
than others they had tried.

Best I can offer is for you to contact the two and ask questions or
go to their web sites and determine which will be a better fit for you
and your photography.

I have talked with the folks at Smugmug and have always been treated
very well. Even when I keep asking questions that are answered on
their web site.

Good luck.

Draco
Old December 14th 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas[_5_]

wrote:
| My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with
Flickr.

| I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
| They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40
|
| Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out
there?

| If you don't care about the social networking features they offer, why
| not just host your own?

good idea, and link to the FLIKR images that are already hosted there

He's unlikely to do that "K".

He is not known on flickr, and his address "the.monks.com" is a fraud. What
he's looking for is anonmous hosting so he can keep his identity concealed
but still have somewhere to display photos to those he doesn't hid from.

Douglas

Old December 14th 07, 11:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Old December 14th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_2_]

wrote:
| My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with
Flickr.

| I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
| They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40
|
| Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out
there?

| If you don't care about the social networking features they offer, why
| not just host your own?

good idea, and link to the FLIKR images that are already hosted there

He's unlikely to do that "K".

He is not known on flickr, and his address "the.monks.com" is a fraud.
What he's looking for is anonmous hosting so he can keep his identity
concealed but still have somewhere to display photos to those he doesn't
hid from.

Douglas

his email add is only as fraudulent as yours Douggie, or maybe you can tell
me where the.groups is??

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

Old December 14th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, aus.photo, rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

wrote:
My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.

I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40

Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

PBase. I pay $23 a year. I prefer the look and feel of it.
Flickr looks like a cheapo Geocities or GoDaddy site by comparison.

Old December 14th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The Vintage Monk

wrote:
| My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with
Flickr.

| I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
| They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40
|
| Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out
there?

| If you don't care about the social networking features they offer, why
| not just host your own?

good idea, and link to the FLIKR images that are already hosted there

He's unlikely to do that "K".

He is not known on flickr, and his address "the.monks.com" is a fraud.
What he's looking for is anonmous hosting so he can keep his identity
concealed but still have somewhere to display photos to those he
doesn't hid from.

Douglas

his email add is only as fraudulent as yours Douggie, or maybe you can
tell me where the.groups is??

Is he still around? Didn't he say 3 weeks ago the boat would be off the
slips and he was off to the Reef to study some fish and 'not give the
cretins in here a second thought'?

It is surprising the lies you miss out on when you have him killfiled.

I am not on Flickr? HEY? Oh that's right we are talking about Dogless,
I forgot what he is imagines in his brain is classed as FACT.
AND the.monks.com is a fraud. I am glad I stressed him out enough to
look it up.
Must be good to be so quiet in the busiest wedding period of the year.

I love the but about me keeping my identity anonymous, that is why I go
to the Flickr Australian Photographers meet ups with a bag on my head so
they don't know who I am.

Back to the cellar with the kiddies Dogless, oh **** that was another
lie from Dogless, unless the boat has a cellar with kiddies in it.