Image resizer

Old September 1st 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
TSKO

Default Image resizer

I have a bro that is on a 9-10000 mile road trip and is taking pictures to
email to ppl to show off where he has been. But, the images he sends are
way too big as far as the file size.

Is there a simple..and relatively small program I could get to basically
just resize images (and view of course)? I want to be able to email it to
him.

For the life of me, I cant think of anything off hand.

Any help is appreciated

Old September 1st 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_3_]

"TSKO" wrote in message
I have a bro that is on a 9-10000 mile road trip and is taking pictures to
email to ppl to show off where he has been. But, the images he sends are
way too big as far as the file size.

Is there a simple..and relatively small program I could get to basically
just resize images (and view of course)? I want to be able to email it to
him.

For the life of me, I cant think of anything off hand.

Any help is appreciated

Depends on what operating system he's using.

Old September 1st 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Michael Johnson

TSKO wrote:
I have a bro that is on a 9-10000 mile road trip and is taking pictures to
email to ppl to show off where he has been. But, the images he sends are
way too big as far as the file size.

Is there a simple..and relatively small program I could get to basically
just resize images (and view of course)? I want to be able to email it to
him.

For the life of me, I cant think of anything off hand.

Any help is appreciated

If he is using Windows XP then use the Powertoy "Image Resizer" from
Microsoft. It works great right from Explorer. Here's a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
Old September 1st 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:27:01 -0400, TSKO wrote:

I have a bro that is on a 9-10000 mile road trip and is taking pictures to
email to ppl to show off where he has been. But, the images he sends are
way too big as far as the file size.

Is there a simple..and relatively small program I could get to basically
just resize images (and view of course)? I want to be able to email it to
him.

For the life of me, I cant think of anything off hand.

Any help is appreciated

I use imagemagick for that.

Old September 1st 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomcas

Scott W wrote:
TSKO wrote:

I have a bro that is on a 9-10000 mile road trip and is taking
pictures to email to ppl to show off where he has been. But, the
images he sends are way too big as far as the file size.

Is there a simple..and relatively small program I could get to
basically just resize images (and view of course)? I want to be able
to email it to him.

For the life of me, I cant think of anything off hand.

Any help is appreciated

This one is free and works great
http://www.irfanview.com/

Scott

Agreed. Free and simple with batch processing.
Old September 1st 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

TSKO wrote:
I have a bro that is on a 9-10000 mile road trip and is taking pictures to
email to ppl to show off where he has been. But, the images he sends are
way too big as far as the file size.

Is there a simple..and relatively small program I could get to basically
just resize images (and view of course)? I want to be able to email it to
him.

For the life of me, I cant think of anything off hand.

Any help is appreciated

Irfanview or FastStone will resize and email from the program although I
seem to be having some trouble with the email part using Thunderbird. It
did work for me at one time but it's possible I was using Outlook.
Dave Cohen
Old September 1st 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Nospam

In message , TSKO
writes
I have a bro that is on a 9-10000 mile road trip and is taking pictures to
email to ppl to show off where he has been. But, the images he sends are
way too big as far as the file size.

Is there a simple..and relatively small program I could get to basically
just resize images (and view of course)? I want to be able to email it to
him.

For the life of me, I cant think of anything off hand.

Any help is appreciated

This is a simple utility, works on single or multiply images.

pixresizer

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

--
Nospam
Old September 1st 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TSKO

I appreciate the help.

That is what I wanted.

Thanx again

"Nospam" wrote in message
In message , TSKO
writes

Old September 2nd 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
peter

picturetray

Another way to share lots of photos is to upload them to a web album, which
usually displays them in thumbnail size, and then people can choose to view
them in other sizes as well. All you send in email is a link, and you can
edit the photos after you send the link to people. Other advantages are
password control, viewer feedback, etc.

E.g. ofoto, flickr, smugmug,

Image resizer Dave Digital Photography 2 December 2nd 05 10:05 AM
I Need a Batch Photo Resizer & Webpage Maker -- Do You Know of One? Scott Digital Photography 2 February 12th 05 06:07 PM
I Need a Batch Photo Resizer & Webpage Maker -- Do You Knowof One? paul Digital Photography 0 February 11th 05 04:53 PM
Tool to right click image in windows explorer and rotate image right or left 90 degrees siliconpi Digital Photography 5 November 29th 04 12:56 PM
Microsoft Image resizer problems Mousetater Digital Photography 13 August 13th 04 01:55 PM