What LCD monitor do many of you use?

Old November 14th 05, 04:05 PM
peter

Default What LCD monitor do many of you use?

I use a dell 2001FP (20" 1600x1200 LCD). One nice thing about this monitor
is that vertical viewing angle is very generous, so that moving your head up
and down will not make part of the screen brighter/dimmer. It is not overly
bright like some other dell LCD monitors.

The only drawback is that screen brightness is not very uniform, probably
uneven backlight. I exchanged one because of this, and the replacement is
slightly better.

If you don't think about it, it is not bothersome.

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message
t...
For those here that use an LCD monitor on their computer to work with
digital photos, which monitor do you use? And of those that also game,
what monitor did you choose?

I just made a purchase, and want to see how it stacks up to what others
in this group own. I bought a Hyundai 19" L90D+. Hopefully a good
balance between performance and color response.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old November 15th 05, 01:08 PM
Pinehollow

I also use the Dell 2001 FP and am very satisfied with it. I don't notice
the screen brightness being not uniform but maybe I am not very
discriminating. I'm an old fart and my vision is not quite as good as it
was when I was 20. I used the Spyder device to calibrate it and it seems to
print what I see on the screen. I use a Canon 6000 printer and it, with the
2001 provides very good prints for me.

Don

http://www.usenet.com