FS -- MANY top-class enlarging lenses for 35mm, medium-format, and 4x5

Old April 2nd 05, 07:40 PM
David Ruether

Default FS -- MANY top-class enlarging lenses for 35mm, medium-format, and 4x5

For Sale:

Many Schneider enlarging lenses for 35mm, MF, and 4x5,
most with Besseler boards.
David Ruether

http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

Old April 3rd 05, 11:18 PM
Klaus D Schmitt

David,

may I see a list with prices and condition please?

Thanks

klaus (kds315 AT yahoo DOT com)

Old April 5th 05, 02:26 PM
David Ruether

Hi--

Sorry it took so long to reply. I suspect your "rarefied" tastes
in lenses will leave you not eager to buy any of these, but
here is the list. For those who do not know this, Schneider
enlarging lenses tend to acquire a slight internal haze with time
(that others do not). While it (and *slight* surface scratches)
theoretically reduce brilliance, the effect is hard to detect
in practice. Almost all of these lenses are installed on 6x6
Besseler boards (or can be). BTW, my personal favorites
are the Comparons in slightly long FLs for the format being
used - but of course the Componon-S is also excellent.
Most have original caps...

-- Schneider Comparon 150mm f5.6, very nice barrel,
very slight internal haze
-- Vivitar VHE (Schneider Componon S buried in an
outer shell) 135mm f5.6, very nice barrel and glass
-- Schneider Comparon 105mm f4.5, very nice barrel
and glass
-- Schneider Comparon 105mm f4.5 in Prontor Press
shutter (needs cleaning - sticky below 1/15th), very
nice barrel, slight internal haze, round diaphragm
-- Vivitar VHE (Schneider Componon S buried in an
outer shell) 100mm f5.6, very nice barrel, slight
interior haze
-- Kodak Anastigmat 100mm f4.5, good barrel, nice
glass
-- Schneider Comparon 75mm f4.5, very nice black
barrel, slight internal haze, round diaphragm
-- Schneider Componon S 80mm f5.6, nice black
barrel, slight surface scratches
-- Schneider Componon 50mm f4, very nice black
barrel, very slight surface scratches

All are in excellent user condition or better, and I'm open
to reasonable offers on one, several, or all. If you have
questions, holler.
Thanks.