A bit of advice please?

Old October 31st 04, 01:50 PM
John

Default A bit of advice please?

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:30:09 -0400, John Bartley
wrote:

I have available a basic B&W darkroom (bathroom) with fixer, stop and
either Rodinal or "mix my own" Adams DD23. Because I don't know the
speed, and because I've heard that the Adams divided formula is quite
tolerant of development time/temp, exposure, speed etc, that was going
to be my choice, but I'm open to suggestions that don't include buying
anything new in the way of chemicals

thank you in advance for any suggestions/advice.

Consider a snip test and use that D-23 straight for about 10
minutes at 70F.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.puresilver.org
Vote "No! for the status quo. Vote 3rd party !!
Old October 31st 04, 02:32 PM
Mike King

I recall triple print as a color process film, you would get back one
3.5"x3.5" print and two smaller prints from 6x6 negatives. My old lab did
this with all color films for a while and the place I worked used the small
ones for filing purposes.

Google's first hit was for Rocky Mountain Film Lab which still processes
this stuff, and I'll bet Film Rescue does it too.

http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/c22.htm

or
--
darkroommike

----------
"John Bartley" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have come into a roll of 620 film from an Ansco camera that a friend
found in a box full of photo equipment that he bought from an estate.
It's a small town, so he knows the family related to the estate, and we
thought we would try to retrieve the negatives for the family. They
don't know that the camera was loaded and the film exposed, so if we
fail only "we" will be disappointed, not the family. We realise that
there is a very poor chance of this given the date on the film,
but.....nothing ventured eh?

Here's the details that I know of so far:

1) Film has no brand name
2) has printed on it "620" " 1173/CAN/14
3) recommends development at "Triple Print Film Labs, Toronto Ont.
4) Camera was an Ansco, very basic model with two aperture settings (sun
& shade), two shutter settings (auto & manual) and one filter (yellow)
built in.

I assume from the above that the film was either made in 1973 or would
be stale dated in 1973. I would also guess that it would be fairly slow
speed, 100 or less, probably less?

I have available a basic B&W darkroom (bathroom) with fixer, stop and
either Rodinal or "mix my own" Adams DD23. Because I don't know the
speed, and because I've heard that the Adams divided formula is quite
tolerant of development time/temp, exposure, speed etc, that was going
to be my choice, but I'm open to suggestions that don't include buying
anything new in the way of chemicals

thank you in advance for any suggestions/advice.

cheers

--
regards from ::

John Bartley
43 Norway Spruce Street
Stittsville, Ontario
Canada, K2S1P5

( If you slow down it takes longer
- does that apply to life also?)

Old October 31st 04, 05:54 PM
John Bartley

John Bartley wrote:

thank you in advance for any suggestions/advice.

A big thank you to John and Mike for the responses. I was going to try
Johns "snip" test, but first I thought I'd have a quicky peek at the
emulsion, so I unrolled it a bit, just far enough to see that it's a
sort of purple/red colour, so I guess it's a colour film.
I'll follow up on the film recovery leads that Mike passed along and see
what happens.

cheers eh?

Old November 1st 04, 04:25 AM
John

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:32:51 -0600, "Mike King"
wrote:

Google's first hit was for Rocky Mountain Film Lab which still processes
this stuff, and I'll bet Film Rescue does it too.

http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/c22.htm

or
--

Man ! I'm slipping ! Good catch Mike !