Viewing - Editing in Windows 7 Home Premium

Old March 4th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bill Graham

Default Viewing - Editing in Windows 7 Home Premium

Bruce wrote:
"Bill Graham" wrote:
Bruce wrote:
Mike wrote:

The only time I use my home printer for photos is if I'm in a hurry
or need an odd size print. I upload mine to Snapfish who do a
range of good value for money prints and they are excellent
quality.

I get 50 free 6x4 prints via my ISP & even larger prints are still
way cheaper than home printing. Delivery is a few days.

I find it deeply ironic that some people buy digital cameras whose
prime advantage over film is the immediacy of results, then order
their prints by mail order. ;-)

Well, a lot of us almost never get our stuff printed on paper. We
just view them on computer screens, or TV's, or these wall mountable
"electronic picture frames".

We're back to my earlier point that people are viewing images from
their 12 MP cameras on 2 MP monitors. Even a "Full HD" television has
a resolution of "only" 2 MP.

It's the same for people using LCD projectors. The highest resolution
that is reasonably affordable is 2 MP.

So why use a 12 MP camera?

In my case, it's just for cropping out a smaller image I like from a larger
photograph that has a bunch of stuff in it I don't like. The extra
resolution gives me a little something to work with. But, in general, you
are right. there are a lot of people who never crop their images at all, and
have little use for 12 MP resolution..... It's kind of like the horsepower
craze of the 60's. Everyone wanted automobiles that had 300 plus horsepower,
even though they never really needed more than one third of that to carry
themselves and their kids to the school's soccer field......