compact digitals - which one to pick?

Old June 28th 04, 11:38 PM
sid derra

Default compact digitals - which one to pick?

hello everyone...

my mother in law sent me the following question:

A co-worker bought an olympus camera for taking sports
pictures of her boys. She does not like it. It is
cumbersome to make setting changes as she has to go
into a menu everytime. She is thinking of sending it
back even tho it was recommended by guy at camera shop
and she has 1 more week to try it out.

What would you recommend? Something with zoom.

since i was mainly looking into DSLR stuff for the past 2 years, i am really
somewhat out of the compact stuff and would like to ask you guys who are more
familiar with the current standards and goodies what you think about this issue.
unfortunately i am not sure, what model she has, but i suppose it should be
something for $ 300 or under.

thanks a bunch in advance!
sid

Old June 28th 04, 11:59 PM
sid derra

"bagal" wrote in message
see the thresd below - deja vu?

dB

;-) i guess ill keep up with both threads... time to increas the refresh rate on
my client!

sid