dissolving glycin

Old August 30th 04, 02:09 AM
geo

Default dissolving glycin

I'm going to give my aged glycin a try. I didn't realize it was so difficult
to dissolve tho. I want to make some D-3 print developer (Cookbook #67).
Should I use any special dilution procedure or just mix it normally?

--
Look at the world today. Is there anything more pitiful? What madness there
is. What blindness. What unintelligent leadership. A scurrying mass of

Old August 30th 04, 04:05 AM
Gregory Blank

I seem IIRC warmer water is best.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old August 30th 04, 05:09 AM
Robert Vervoordt

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:09:30 GMT, "geo" wrote:

I'm going to give my aged glycin a try. I didn't realize it was so difficult
to dissolve tho. I want to make some D-3 print developer (Cookbook #67).
Should I use any special dilution procedure or just mix it normally?

Hey, I posted . more than once, about this topic. Mix it in a
concentrated alkaline solution. Then dilute for storage or for use.
The Sulfite can go in after4 the Alkali (first) then Glycin. The
alkaline solution should be so concentrated that the Glycin fizzes as
it hits the surface. I found that this brought brown Glycin back from
the dead.

Report your procedures and results, please.

Robert Vervoordt, MFA

Old August 31st 04, 12:32 AM
Dan Quinn

"geo" wrote

I'm going to give my aged glycin a try. I didn't realize it
was so difficult to dissolve tho. I want to make some D-3 print
developer; Cookbook #67. Should I use any special dilution
procedure or just mix it normally?

As I intend to order some Glycin from P. Formulary, checking
into it's solubility was the thing to do.
At Jackspcs I read that a 3% solution of sulfite at 60*F will
dissolve 12+ percent amount of the agent.
At unblinkingeye I read that an acid or alkaline solution is
needed. Ordinarily an acid solution is best for long life.
I'd suggest you try 1gr of the agent in 10ml of sulfite and
of bisulfite solution; both 3%. Start at room temperature.
If it dissolves very slowly, warm.
That 60*F may be for a reason. That's a reasonable low indoor
temperature and glycin may come out of solution if at a higher
concentration. Just a thought. Dan

Old August 31st 04, 10:31 AM
Dan Quinn

"geo" wrote

I'm going to give my aged glycin a try.

Search Google for, glycin metol hydroquinone . You'll find a bunch
of glycin specific info at sites listed there. Dan

brown glycin geo In The Darkroom 17 August 23rd 04 12:47 AM
glycin supplier and price [email protected] In The Darkroom 13 May 2nd 04 01:43 PM