XDepth Raw: a jpeg-compatible Raw compressed format for digital cameras

Old September 29th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Spam This

Default XDepth Raw: a jpeg-compatible Raw compressed format for digital cameras

So how are you going to convince all the camera makers to supoort yet
another image format in their products? Adobe was only really able to get
Pentax on their DNG version of RAW, and Nikon won't licence their complete
NEF source code. 72 bit sounds ambitious...

"Trellis Management" wrote in message
Monday, 29th September, 2008 - Trellis Management Co. Ltd. presents
its latest image compression technology for digital cameras on its
website at http://raw.xdepth.com and at the upcoming PDN PhotoPlus
International Conference + Expo. ( http://tinyurl.com/4r9klo )

XDepth Raw is the only image compression and file format solution able
to function both as a common Jpeg and as a Raw image.

Too often amateur and professional photographers alike wondered why
they couldn't have all the flexibility and precision of a Raw shot
within a universally compatible format like Jpeg.

XDepth Raw not only fully satisfies the need for a compatible and
flexible format but it also provides exponentially more precision and
dynamic range than current cameras can capture. XDepth Raw is infact
capable of storing up to 72bit/pixel at full High Dynamic Range.

XDepth Raw images are recognized as Jpeg files by any software
application on virtually every operating system and can be previewed
and used as common jpegs. When opened with XDepth-enabled software
instead, the same files are recognized and loaded as Raw camera
pictures.

Camera makers employ all sorts of algorithms in order reduce the size
of their Raw images although still remaining in the realm of the
"heavy digital pictures" as Raw files can take up to 1.5 MBytes for
each Mega-Pixel. XDepth Raw reduces on average this figure to 0.2
MBytes for each Mega-Pixel of resolution, featuring an outstanding 7:1
compression ratio compared to the uncompressed Raw file.
XDepth Raw employs a proprietary technology able to literally restore
the original fine details found in the uncompressed Raw picture at
high bit depths without sacrificing visual quality.

The XDepth brand will be sponsoring the PDN PhotoPlus Expo Press Room
area for the entire event.
Attending interested parties can request a live demonstration of
XDepth technologies by booking an appointment online through the
PhotoPlus Connect service. ( http://tinyurl.com/532jmm )

Learn more about XDepth Raw by visiting the dedicated website at:
http://raw.xdepth.com.

About Trellis Management Co. Ltd.

Trellis Management is a privately held company focused on technology
IP's licensing, acquisition and sale. Trellis Management is not
related nor affiliated with the Joint Photographic Experts Group
(JPEG).

Old September 30th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul[_6_]

"Spam This" wrote in message ...

So how are you going to convince all the camera makers to supoort yet
another image format in their products? Adobe was only really able to get
Pentax on their DNG version of RAW, and Nikon won't licence their complete
NEF source code. 72 bit sounds ambitious...

Not just Pentax. Hassleblad, Lecia, Ricoh and a couple of others. DNG was
also submitted to the ISO as a vendor-independent standard.

I wish I had the option to shoot DNG straight out of my Canon.

Old September 30th 08, 07:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Paul wrote:

I wish I had the option to shoot DNG straight out of my Canon.

I wish I had the option to shoot DNG straight out of my Nikon.