Nikon Pros Assistance Requested

Old June 2nd 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Nikon Pros Assistance Requested

Am really in need of a teleconverter for an unusual lens. I have a
Nikor 400mm F2.8 AF-I auto focus lens and need a Nikon TC1.4 converter.
Can anyone recommend which will work best. Your time and judgement are
appreciated. Thanks

Old June 3rd 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"uw wayne" wrote in message
ps.com...
Am really in need of a teleconverter for an unusual lens. I have a
Nikor 400mm F2.8 AF-I auto focus lens and need a Nikon TC1.4 converter.
Can anyone recommend which will work best. Your time and judgement are
appreciated. Thanks

Gees mate, you have a 400 f/2.8 and you're asking for 'pro' assistance?

Clearly you have better persuasive techniques than me... :-)

Cheers,
Dave E (Sydney)

Old June 4th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Dave E wrote:
"uw wayne" wrote in message
ps.com...
Am really in need of a teleconverter for an unusual lens. I have a
Nikor 400mm F2.8 AF-I auto focus lens and need a Nikon TC1.4 converter.
Can anyone recommend which will work best. Your time and judgement are
appreciated. Thanks

Gees mate, you have a 400 f/2.8 and you're asking for 'pro' assistance?

Clearly you have better persuasive techniques than me... :-)

Cheers,
Dave E (Sydney)

Dave E, I know what you're saying. It's a seven grand lens new! I'm
truly lucky, but I just bought it used and got it for a steal. I am not
trying to be a jerk or snob, I am just a guy who lucked out and was in
the right place at the right time. Now I want to increase my good
fortune and turn it into a 560 f4 with a 1.4 converter!

Old June 7th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I had a 300mm 2.8 AF-I, & my Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 1.4X worked on it...
until the AF feature in the lens dropped dead.

Jimmy Greene
Santee, CA / Lake Oswego, OR

Old June 8th 06, 09:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"uw wayne" writes:
Am really in need of a teleconverter for an unusual lens. I have a
Nikor 400mm F2.8 AF-I auto focus lens and need a Nikon TC1.4 converter.
Can anyone recommend which will work best. Your time and judgement are
appreciated. Thanks

The only Nikon converter that will retain all functions is the TC-14E
(any model).

If you don't mind losing AF and possibly metering, the TC-14B will work,
too.

For third-party converters, the Kenko telepro 300 also retain all
functions, and has the added advantage over the TC-14E that it
will also allow AF with normal (non-AF-S) AF lenses.

Regards,
Chris

--
Con: Recording medium requires chemical processing before it can be read.
- from a Popular Photography review of the Nikon F6