Questions regarding Sony Cybershot DSC-P73 and Sony memory sticks

Old October 21st 04, 04:32 PM
Tongwer

Default Questions regarding Sony Cybershot DSC-P73 and Sony memory sticks

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Sony Cybershot DSC-P73, which
seems ideally suited to my purposes, e.g. nice quality
photos at a decent price. However I've only ever owned
digital cameras which takes SD cards and the like, and
Sony products all seem to take memory sticks.
Essentially I have two questions regarding memory
sticks:

1) - Does this camera only take memory sticks, e.g. will
it not take SD cards?

2) - Will a 'Sony MSH128.CE 128Mb Memory Stick "High
Grade" with MagicGate' do the job with this camera?

I'm sorry for the rather simple nature of the questions,
but I can't seem to find what I'm after on Google or
Google Groups. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old October 21st 04, 04:49 PM
Brian Sullivan

Tongwer wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Sony Cybershot DSC-P73, which
seems ideally suited to my purposes, e.g. nice quality
photos at a decent price. However I've only ever owned
digital cameras which takes SD cards and the like, and
Sony products all seem to take memory sticks.
Essentially I have two questions regarding memory
sticks:

1) - Does this camera only take memory sticks, e.g. will
it not take SD cards?

It supports Memory Sticks only (my dscp72 does anyway and I don't think
there has been any change with later models).

2) - Will a 'Sony MSH128.CE 128Mb Memory Stick "High
Grade" with MagicGate' do the job with this camera?

AFAIK any Memory Stick or Memory Stick Pro (including the Magic Gate one you
mention) will work:

I have:
Sony Memory Stick 16MB
Sony Memory Stick "MagicGate" 64 MB
SanDisk Memory Stick Pro "MagicGate" 256MB

I find the 256MB one a reasonably ideal size -- will hold about 150 Fine
full size pictures with my camera(about the maximum day's worth for me). The
change from 3.2 to 4 MegaPixel means that with the p73 the maximum is
probably 125 or so and wouldn't advise anything smaller.

--
Brian Sullivan
Random Musings - http://radio.weblogs.com/0127028/

Old October 21st 04, 07:34 PM
Maria Ripanykhazova

I have always received extraordinarily good support from Sandisk. They stand
by their products and are easy to work with

Old October 21st 04, 07:34 PM
Maria Ripanykhazova

Old October 22nd 04, 11:50 AM
SparkysDream

"Tongwer" wrote.......

SanDisk Memory Stick Pro "MagicGate" 256MB

Thanks very much for the fast and enlightening response!
I may think again about getting a Sony as £50 for 256mb
seems a little expensive. Thanks anyway.

£35 from ebuyer (inc vat + delivery)
http://tinyurl.com/7x335

Old October 22nd 04, 02:29 PM
Tongwer

In article ,=20
says...
"Tongwer" wrote.......
=20
SanDisk Memory Stick Pro "MagicGate" 256MB

Thanks very much for the fast and enlightening response!
I may think again about getting a Sony as =A350 for 256mb
seems a little expensive. Thanks anyway.

=20
=A335 from ebuyer (inc vat + delivery)
http://tinyurl.com/7x335
=20
=20
=20

It's still =A35 cheaper for an SD card with twice the=20
capacity. I'm now leaning towards a G400 which has a=20
slot for both memory formats anyway. Thanks for the help=20
everyone!