Is Your Browser Color Managed?

Old June 11th 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Is Your Browser Color Managed?

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 17:09:37 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

i'm not the one making claims about supply issues or performance issues.

You are the one denying them as though you really know what is going
on.

i'm not denying anything.

what i'm doing is pointing out the vagueness and stupidity of their so
called claims.

'could have' is meaningless.

the next iphone could be a lot of things.

it's yet another stupid analyst spewing again, with the intention to
knock the stock down a bit to create a wonderful buy op for said
analyst and his buddies.

Yet another news item, this time with Apple spin:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11873786
or http://tinyurl.com/ybmlr6w8

"Until Intel is able to offer its chips with matching features,
Apple won't enable some of capabilities of the phones running with
Qualcomm modems, ...".

Cutting off its nose to spite its face?

not at all, and how is that an apple spin? looks anti-apple to me.

You didn't read the article.

it's yet another content-free article designed to get clicks.

Content free? You read it with your eyes closed.

although 1 gigabit cellular networks are expected to appear, they're
going to be *very* rare. i know of only a couple of cities in the usa
where they'll be deployed by years end.

even in those areas, almost nobody will get anywhere close to that
speed, and if they do, it's nothing they'll ever notice since most
content is bandwidth limited in other ways.

Correct.

matching performance and/or features of components from different
vendors across a product line is standard practice. that article is
trying to make it appear that only apple intentionally gimps
components. they aren't.

They are pruning Qualcom modems to the level of the lowest.

Eric Stevens
Old June 11th 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...jectid=1187378
6
or http://tinyurl.com/ybmlr6w8

"Until Intel is able to offer its chips with matching features,
Apple won't enable some of capabilities of the phones running with
Qualcomm modems, ...".

Cutting off its nose to spite its face?

not at all, and how is that an apple spin? looks anti-apple to me.

You didn't read the article.

yes i did.

it's yet another content-free article designed to get clicks.

Content free? You read it with your eyes closed.

nope

although 1 gigabit cellular networks are expected to appear, they're
going to be *very* rare. i know of only a couple of cities in the usa
where they'll be deployed by years end.

even in those areas, almost nobody will get anywhere close to that
speed, and if they do, it's nothing they'll ever notice since most
content is bandwidth limited in other ways.

Correct.

in other words, it didn't say much of anything.

matching performance and/or features of components from different
vendors across a product line is standard practice. that article is
trying to make it appear that only apple intentionally gimps
components. they aren't.

They are pruning Qualcom modems to the level of the lowest.

nope.

the article *claims* that apple *might* do that, *if* the intel chips
don't perform as well as qualcomm.

it's all wild guessing, based on rumours.

nobody outside of apple and most of those within apple have no idea
what the next iphone will be like.

it's a bull**** article, designed to get clicks. nothing more.
Old July 8th 17, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Bill W
Wed, 07 Jun 2017
01:56:00 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

But that makes zero difference. Within Operations, there is
repair. Within repair, there is business, and there is
residential. I know this for a fact, and it's all I'm trying to
say. You really seem to be talking about a single entity, but I'm
not. Let's take CenturyLink. If there is a phone or DSL system
failure at a residence, they will "try to get someone out
tomorrow, but it might be the next day". With a business phone
outage, they are going there as quickly as possible. Some
businesses are simply *out* of business with a phone failure, and
they are not going to wait until the next day, or whenever.
Someone is going to fix their phones NOW.

Er, hold up. I have 1st hand knowledge of this.

When you place the call as a residential customer, they'll try to
send a tech (heh) to you as soon as possible. But, that tech could
have been working on a business system prior to coming to your house
or vice versa. There is NO SEPERATE business/residence technicians.
It's the same people, doing work assigned via a ticket system on a
daily basis.

Nobody has separate maintenance crews for business and
residential.

Nearly everyone has separate repair crews. I have never heard of
one that does not. Like I said, all my friends who worked in
telecom repair for at least forty years always worked in either
residential or business, but *never* both at the same time. Never,
and that includes a variety of companies in Chicago.

I don't know who you talked to concerning Centurylink, but, they
don't have 'residential only' technicians or 'business only'
technicians. Spectrum doesn't either, just so you know. Not when it
comes to the people that actually come out in the trucks and vans,
anyhow.

Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark.
Old July 8th 17, 05:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 04:28:25 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

[...]

Well, you're wrong. Again, what I'm saying cannot possibly apply to
small metro areas, or small towns. I am talking about the likes of
Chicago, not rural Georgia. This all started out with people from the
NYC area discussing this.
Old July 8th 17, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Bill W
Sat, 08 Jul 2017
04:59:53 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 04:28:25 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Bill W
m Wed, 07 Jun 2017
[...]

Well, you're wrong.

Well, heh, I've been a tech for both of the companies I wrote about.
Technical support, isn't the technician that comes to your home or
business. There's NO seperate techies for business people and for
residential people. We get the tickets, we repair the issue.
Sometimes, we don't even know if it was a business system OR a
residential system. Much more so if we never entered your
house/business because the issue wasn't actually in either place, but
something outside of that. You might not even see us fixing it.

And, we don't really care. We just want to get it fixed and move onto
the next ticket, so we have some small chance in hell of getting home
sometime near dinnertime.

I'm glad you think there's some magical 'business class only' crew
waiting for your whiny, often bitchy (this needs to be done now,
nothing you're already doing and/or committed to doing could be as
important) call, but, that's just not the case based on the
experiences I've had. It's possible MUCH larger cities waste the
resources to have two sets of vans/trucks/duplicate gear and twice
the technicians to keep them seperate as you think, but, that's never
been my experience or that of other technicians I know who have
worked in much larger places than me.

I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather, not
screaming in terror, like his passengers.
Old July 8th 17, 09:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:43:42 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Bill W
Sat, 08 Jul 2017
04:59:53 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 04:28:25 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Bill W
om Wed, 07 Jun 2017
[...]

You're arguing with something you agree with. I did say that separate
divisions will not work in smaller areas, and that's all there is to
it. You are basing your claims on things you know personally, and so
am I. I grew up in Chicago, but it's the same here in Las Vegas
according to every tech I've talked to. And LV isn't all that big. I'm
not doubting your claims at all, but you shouldn't doubt mine either.
Old July 9th 17, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article
XnsA7ACA1F70D6AEHT1@mGMP8I76574W65a2464O966G0g3DH G27s8g.Z5somj4.sHi717K
PF1E4jV6iSIb, Diesel wrote:

[...]

maybe your mythical company doesn't, but plenty of others do, with a
big difference in response time *and* skill of the tech.
Old July 9th 17, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Bill W
news 20:29:42 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

I'm not doubting your claims at all, but you shouldn't doubt mine
either.

Fair enough. I'll chalk it to different experiences and geographical
differences.

If 'if' statements had no 'then' clauses,