Off to the Maldives.

Old August 17th 07, 09:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr Hfuhruhurr

Default Off to the Maldives.

I'm off to the Maldives in just over a week.
I've my D50 with kit 18-55 & 55-200, circular polarising and UV
filters, two batteries and my Creative Vision:M to back up my two 2Gb
SD cards to.
I'm strictly amateur but would like to know if there's anything else I
should be taking with me to make the absolute most of this once in a
lifetime holiday (though it's actually Honeymoon and my second one at
that)
Any advice also would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Doc

Old August 17th 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr Hfuhruhurr

On 17 Aug, 10:47, Rebecca Ore wrote:
In article . com,
Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:

I'm strictly amateur but would like to know if there's anything else I
should be taking with me to make the absolute most of this once in a
lifetime holiday (though it's actually Honeymoon and my second one at
that)
Any advice also would be much appreciated.

Tripod.

D'oh! I nearly forgot.
Thanks. One that won't sink in the sand

Doc

Old August 17th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeff R.

ups.com...
Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:

I'm strictly amateur but would like to know if there's anything else I
should be taking with me to make the absolute most of this once in a
lifetime holiday (though it's actually Honeymoon and my second one at
that)
Any advice also would be much appreciated.

Tripod.

D'oh! I nearly forgot.
Thanks. One that won't sink in the sand

Doc

You'd be very brave if you took only one camera body. I'd at least pack a
little P&S as a backup. I find modern cameras to be tremendously fragile
and unreliable - especially when they are *really* needed.

--
Jeff R.

Old August 17th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr Hfuhruhurr

Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:

I'm strictly amateur but would like to know if there's anything else I
should be taking with me to make the absolute most of this once in a
lifetime holiday (though it's actually Honeymoon and my second one at
that)
Any advice also would be much appreciated.

Tripod.

D'oh! I nearly forgot.
Thanks. One that won't sink in the sand

Doc

You'd be very brave if you took only one camera body. I'd at least pack a
little P&S as a backup. I find modern cameras to be tremendously fragile
and unreliable - especially when they are *really* needed.

--
Jeff R

Yep, I've got my wife to be's Sony P&S as a backup.
Thanks

Doc

Old August 17th 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Dr Hfuhruhurr" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm off to the Maldives in just over a week.
I've my D50 with kit 18-55 & 55-200, circular polarising and UV
filters, two batteries and my Creative Vision:M to back up my two 2Gb
SD cards to.
I'm strictly amateur but would like to know if there's anything else I
should be taking with me to make the absolute most of this once in a
lifetime holiday (though it's actually Honeymoon and my second one at
that)
Any advice also would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Doc

Yes you will need an extra ssistant to carry all this. I am available. ;-)

Old August 17th 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr Hfuhruhurr

On 17 Aug, 11:10, "Pete D" wrote:
"Dr Hfuhruhurr" wrote in message

ups.com...

I'm off to the Maldives in just over a week.
I've my D50 with kit 18-55 & 55-200, circular polarising and UV
filters, two batteries and my Creative Vision:M to back up my two 2Gb
SD cards to.
I'm strictly amateur but would like to know if there's anything else I
should be taking with me to make the absolute most of this once in a
lifetime holiday (though it's actually Honeymoon and my second one at
that)
Any advice also would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Doc

Yes you will need an extra ssistant to carry all this. I am available. ;-)

I'm marrying my beautiful assistant the day before we go, so sorry,
the job is taken

Doc

Old August 17th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:08:54 -0700, Dr Hfuhruhurr
wrote:
: On 17 Aug, 11:01, "Jeff R." wrote:
: "Dr Hfuhruhurr" wrote in message
:
: ups.com...
:
:
:
:
:
: Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
:
: I'm strictly amateur but would like to know if there's anything else I
: should be taking with me to make the absolute most of this once in a
: lifetime holiday (though it's actually Honeymoon and my second one at
: that)
: Any advice also would be much appreciated.
:
: Tripod.
:
: D'oh! I nearly forgot.
: Thanks. One that won't sink in the sand
:
: Doc
:
: You'd be very brave if you took only one camera body. I'd at least pack a
: little P&S as a backup. I find modern cameras to be tremendously fragile
: and unreliable - especially when they are *really* needed.
:
: --
: Jeff R
:
: Yep, I've got my wife to be's Sony P&S as a backup.

What you don't need on your honeymoon is a fight over who gets to use the
camera. ;^)

Bob
Old August 17th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr Hfuhruhurr

wrote:
: On 17 Aug, 11:01, "Jeff R." wrote:
: "Dr Hfuhruhurr" wrote in message
:
: oups.com...
:
:
:
:
:
: Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
:
[...]

Indeed not. We're also taking our Camcorder so there will be plenty of
camera work going on. Outside anyway.

Doc

Old August 17th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
I'm off to the Maldives in just over a week.
I've my D50 with kit 18-55 & 55-200, circular polarising and UV
filters, two batteries and my Creative Vision:M to back up my two 2Gb
SD cards to.
I'm strictly amateur but would like to know if there's anything else I
should be taking with me to make the absolute most of this once in a
lifetime holiday (though it's actually Honeymoon and my second one at
that)
Any advice also would be much appreciated.

More memory cards. You may be too busy to download.
You only have one backup. That means after you offload
a card and re-use it, you have no backup; only a primary
copy. Cards are really cheap.

Roger