B&H still has the worst customer service on the planet.

Old February 5th 04, 06:31 PM
bozak

Default B&H still has the worst customer service on the planet.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message ...
So you don't have any bad experiences to post so you go looking for a
claim from somone else that you can't personally support as true?

lol... you must be new to this thread...
if you think i dont, just google B&H Photo customer service...

Even so, do you think it is unusual that even the best company may have
a problem from time to time.

no even the best companies have problems from time to time...
but dont you think its strange when the so called best companies
complaints are all basically the same, that being their customer
service is horrible...

i'll say this one more time... people who just need product shipped
to them and thats it, theyre great... but if you have to call their
customer service dept its horrible... the people who have problems
with them at places like bizrate, resellerratings.com, etc., are
genuinely 90% customer service issues...

Tell us, are you perfect?

this cant be the dumbest question you can ask me...
come on, you can do better... :-)
Old February 5th 04, 07:02 PM
Crownfield

bozak wrote:

"Generic Eric" wrote in message ...

Keep up this
rant and you'll have a stroke before your 16th birthday.

youre just mad because im six years older than you...

Damn!! Eric found him out.

bozak is just an adolescent!
Old February 5th 04, 07:11 PM
Frank Pittel

In rec.photo.equipment.medium-format bozak wrote:

: "jjs" wrote in message ...
: " bozak" wrote in message
: ...
: Just look at what this guy went through at resellerratings.com...
: (Notice it takes him over 20 minutes to talk to a customer service
: person)
:
: First, I don't believe he waited 20 minutes, but what's 20 minutes anyway?
:
: Notice how you burden this NG with your crap over, and over and over. If you
: got a couple thousand orders a day, your phone would be busy, too. Maybe you
: should take your business somewhere the order reps follow a phonetic script
: and don't even speak English. They will kiss your ass without even knowing
: what they are saying. And they will understand your order as unclearly.
:
: The guy was wrong. His bank was screwed up. He should blame the bank. B&H
: was doing the right thing protecting him. Then he whines:
:
: However, there is no excuse for the borderline
: beligerent/rude behavior of the two individuals I spoke to at b&h trying
: to address this issue.
:
: Get some thick skin. I love dealing with some of the New Yorkers. So you
: wait a few minutes. No sweet-talking bull****. I order. They deliver.
: There's problems, they fix it. Done.
:
: Get a life already.

: you know, youre really full of ****, youre ****ing whining away about
: a post in a newsgroup and youre trying to pass some bull**** off about
: you wouldnt mind waiting twenty minutes to talk to a customer service
: person???

: you are so full of it you burp ****...

I guess he told you. :-) Any attempt at rational discussion with bozak is a
waste of time. He simply isn't capable of it. He's just a twit that got ****ed
off at B&H and decided that he would get even by slamming them on a global newsgroup
and by doing that cost B&H a lot of business. In the end he over played his pathetic
little hand and ended up looking like the twit he is. Anyone with an IQ in the three
digit range will look at this 300+ message thread and see that bozak has no credibility
and ignore his slam of B&H.

This thread has some use as a means of educating potential future twits on how not to
slam a company after a bad experience. It also has an amount of entertainment value.

-------------------

Old February 5th 04, 07:25 PM
Chris

" bozak" wrote in message
Review (Very Dissatisfied)
Posted by
Phas3d
2/3/04 10:41 AM (0 of 1 users found this review helpful)
Horrible!! I placed an order online on 1/31 and received an email a

little later asking for
verification of my billing address. I checked with my bank and entered in

the billing information my
bank has for my credit card and sent a reply email back to this b&h. I

waited till the 3rd of
Febuary before I finally called asking for verification of shipping of the

item I purchased as the
site was still listing my order as being in the "processing" stage.
When I called I got the royal run-around, being transferred twice

and waiting for 20 minutes
before an extremely rude customer service rep finally spoke to me. He told

me my order had not been
shipped because B&H was still waiting for confirmation of my billing

address. I gave him what my
bank gave me and what I have been using for the past two years at such

online stores as newegg,
zipzoomfly, bestbuy, and a few others. He said it was still incorrect

according to my bank.

At this point, I'd have verified with my bank whether someone from B&H did
indeed try to obtain this information. When I call a business, I do not
like being given the runaround, and if I could verify being lied to, I'd
explain to them exactly why neither I, nor anyone I know, would ever do
business with them again.

I called my bank yet again to reverify what information they had and

they have what I have and
what I have given bhphotovideo. I called back to straighten out this mess

once and for all and
waited another 20 minutes before finally talking to another rude rep. They

still could not process
my order, so I asked them to cancel my order. The rep said, "thank you"

and hung up on me.

If you're unsatisfied with an order that has not been completed, cancelling
is often the best option available. Of course, after they'd have gotten my
money, I'd be having a great deal of fun suing them for a somewhat
outrageous punitive amount of money, just to teach them to behave themselves
in the future.

I have never had such an awful experience dealing with purchasing a

product from company
online before. I will never be doing business with this company and advise

others not to purchase
from bhphotovideo.

The customer did the right thing, making sure that a prospective customer
might see the customer service review, and maybe buy from another company
instead of taking a risk.

Were B&H Photo interested in doing the right thing, and had they seen the
review, they might have made efforts to correct the situation. I certainly
wouldn't want such negative reviews out about my business. Even one can be
damaging.

---------------------
Feb 4th, 2004

I called my credit card company again yesterday and sorted the issue

out (after three
attempts). Apparently, since I have a debit card that is tied to one of

two of my accounts, they
confused my primary checking billing address with what was on my billing

address for the debit card.
So, this was not b&h photo video's fault. However, there is no excuse for

the borderline
beligerent/rude behavior of the two individuals I spoke to at b&h trying

to address this issue.

I agree. There is no reason to keep someone on hold over such an easily
explained issue as "your billing information is still in error". They could
have said this without putting him on hold, and tying up precious phone
lines on both ends.

It also probably took ALOT of effort for the complainant to admit the fault
was indeed not solely with B&H. Even so, B&H should have been more polite.

Also, no one at b&h ever called any number either my bank or I gave B&H. I

was more than willing to
iron out this problem with them and continue with my purchase of a $400

item. I had heard of nothing

What did I tell you? They didn't even bother calling.

I think clearly the worst thing for me as a consumer is a company that
outright lies to the customer without any reason to. The burden is on the
customer to get their proper banking information. There was no reason
whatsoever to keep the customer on the phone any longer than a grand total
of 3 minutes, while they verified the information wasn't available.

but solid/good reviews from dpreview. Instead, there behavior and

particularily, Henry's lack of
acknowledging the main gripe I had with the customer service, have

prompted me to go with another
company.

I would have gone with another company, unless B&H could show me that the
service rep was indeed taught the folly of his behavioral problems.
Something like this isn't likely a company policy, so they should have
educated the employee to interact more productively in future.

I had the same issue come up when I purchased this same item online

at digitalfotoclub.com
today. However, they DID call me about it and we DID get it sorted out. I

was treated with respect
from the rep and in turn will be doing business with them in the future.

You can look for the review
I will leave them here at ResellerRatings tomorrow once I get the item

from them.

An informed consumer who stands and speaks for what he/she believes in.

-wipes tear from eye-

Seriously, that is how a customer should behave. Try to sort the matter
out, and if the people don't behave themselves in an acceptable manner, the
customer is always right, so go elsewhere. Nobody has to take attitude.

Old February 5th 04, 07:33 PM
Chris

"jjs" wrote in message
" bozak" wrote in message
Just look at what this guy went through at resellerratings.com...
(Notice it takes him over 20 minutes to talk to a customer service
person)

First, I don't believe he waited 20 minutes, but what's 20 minutes anyway?

I've been on hold for around 20 minutes with various companies over the
years.
None of them got my business afterwards, however.

I believe had I been put on hold for 20 minutes once, there'd not have been
a second time. I'd have taken my purchase to another store. He showed
restraint.

Notice how you burden this NG with your crap over, and over and over. If

you
got a couple thousand orders a day, your phone would be busy, too. Maybe

you
should take your business somewhere the order reps follow a phonetic

script
and don't even speak English. They will kiss your ass without even knowing
what they are saying. And they will understand your order as unclearly.

Busy phones with many orders generally mean a policy where you don't keep
people waiting for longer than necessary. Inaccurate billing information
does not require a 20 minute stint on hold. That's pathetic.

The guy was wrong. His bank was screwed up. He should blame the bank. B&H
was doing the right thing protecting him. Then he whines:

He blamed the bank where blame was warranted. He also blamed B&H for
keeping him on hold, failing to resolve the issue, and their customer
service personnel who lied to him about their efforts to obtain his bank
information.

However, there is no excuse for the borderline
beligerent/rude behavior of the two individuals I spoke to at b&h trying

to address this issue.

Get some thick skin. I love dealing with some of the New Yorkers. So you
wait a few minutes. No sweet-talking bull****. I order. They deliver.
There's problems, they fix it. Done.

So, you're saying you'd stay on hold, and take being lied to by their
operators when you knew they were indeed lying, and just "tough it up"?
You're so full of ****.

Get a life already.

If you don't want to see "whining", here's a thought, don't reply to such a
post. You'd have to be subjected to even more of it in response than by
simply passing it over.
So, I suggest you get a life, yourself.

Old February 5th 04, 07:34 PM
DK

It also has an amount of entertainment value.

And that's pretty much worn out at this point...

Old February 5th 04, 07:35 PM
Chris

"jjs" wrote in message
Sweet talk works every time. You win the PRIZE! Bozak, did you know that
you can get the greatest service in the world from people who care, people
who will charm with their servitude and dedication? Yes! For a fee! For

only
100% over list price, H&B Photo will ship same-day, kiss your ass and

send
you flowers! All it takes is money. But if you are a cheap, whinining
son-of-a-bitch then I strongly suggest you search out sales outsourced to
overseas phone services. Or stick out your chest and use B&H for new, KEH
for used. Live in the world, bonehead!

Social engineering is best reserved for times when you'll be getting some
pussy out of the exchange. ;-)

No way I'd be sweet-talking some consumer rep over a simple purchase.

Old February 5th 04, 09:58 PM
jjs

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

"jjs" wrote in message
" bozak" wrote in message
Just look at what this guy went through at resellerratings.com...
(Notice it takes him over 20 minutes to talk to a customer service
person)

First, I don't believe he waited 20 minutes, but what's 20 minutes

anyway?

I've been on hold for around 20 minutes with various companies over the
years.
None of them got my business afterwards, however.

Generalized experiences don't apply to specific cases.

Busy phones with many orders generally mean a policy where you don't keep
people waiting for longer than necessary. Inaccurate billing information
does not require a 20 minute stint on hold. That's pathetic.

Do the math.

He blamed the bank where blame was warranted. He also blamed B&H for
keeping him on hold, failing to resolve the issue, and their customer
service personnel who lied to him about their efforts to obtain his bank
information.

He didn't give B&H enough time to resolve the issue. Remember, the problem
was with his bank, and that's the customer's responsibility. If B&H could
delve that deep into _your_ accounts to debug _your bank_ accounts, you
should have some deep concerns regarding privacy.

So, you're saying you'd stay on hold, and take being lied to by their
operators when you knew they were indeed lying, and just "tough it up"?
You're so full of ****.

You are putting words into my mouth. Don't do that. It is dishonest.

Get a live.

Old February 5th 04, 11:02 PM
Chris

"jjs" wrote in message
Busy phones with many orders generally mean a policy where you don't

keep
people waiting for longer than necessary. Inaccurate billing

information
does not require a 20 minute stint on hold. That's pathetic.

Do the math.

What math, professor? I know full well how long it takes to access
information.

So, you're saying you'd stay on hold, and take being lied to by their
operators when you knew they were indeed lying, and just "tough it up"?
You're so full of ****.

You are putting words into my mouth. Don't do that. It is dishonest.

You suggested he learn to deal with it, so why am I putting words into your
mouth?
You also referred to his customer complaint as "whining". How am I being
inaccurate here?

Get a live.

Learn to spellcheck your posts.

Old February 6th 04, 01:25 AM
Generic Eric

m...

" bozak" wrote in message
Just look at what this guy went through at resellerratings.com...
(Notice it takes him over 20 minutes to talk to a customer service
person)

Notice it took you more than 20 minutes of your life to beat a dead

horse.

but i have you here to help me... :-)

Why do you have all this free time? Are you grounded or something?

why, are you???

We've all now the bad experience of YOU.

is this actually english???

Actually, it is. I did mean to say that "we've all now had the bad
experience of YOU," but as it stands it is, in fact, correct. Better than
the junior high drivel spewing from your keyboard.

Now go finish your homework.

Calm down, leave the basement, get away from the computer. Keep up this