203FE- black?

Old August 19th 04, 08:10 PM
Martin Francis

Default 203FE- black?

Can't seem to see any of the Hassy 20* series in black finish. Any ever
made?

no, and yes...."

Old August 19th 04, 08:20 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Martin Francis wrote:

Can't seem to see any of the Hassy 20* series in black finish. Any ever
made?

Nope. Chrome only.
All of the 200-series are chrome only.

Old August 19th 04, 08:35 PM
Martin Francis

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote in message
Martin Francis wrote:

Can't seem to see any of the Hassy 20* series in black finish. Any ever
made?

Nope. Chrome only.
All of the 200-series are chrome only.

Disappointing. Now I need to factor in the price of a couple of magic
markers...

no, and yes...."

Old August 19th 04, 09:52 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Martin Francis wrote:

Nope. Chrome only.
All of the 200-series are chrome only.

Disappointing. Now I need to factor in the price of a couple of magic
markers...

Aha! Somebody who actually prefers the black trim. You don't meet many
people who do.
Any special reasons?

I have both black and chrome. I don't mind the black at all, but do prefer
the chrome a tiny bit more.
And that's not because the black wears more, and then looks worse, than the
harder chrome finish. Though it factors too.

I think the design really needs the contrast between trim and vinyl covering
of the body walls.
A black trim camera, with grey vinyl instead of black, would be great too.
But all in one colour.. does not seem quite right to me.

Black trim was at one point made popular, because it would make you less
conspicuous. And the camera would show less in reflection.
I don't know, i think it was just a fad they were looking to justify.

Old August 19th 04, 10:58 PM
Martin Francis

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote in message
Aha! Somebody who actually prefers the black trim. You don't meet many
people who do.
Any special reasons?

In honesty? EVERYONE has a chrome 'blad. Something to do with the classic
styling, or the magpie mentality, or whatever- I prefer good, serviceable
black.

And it goes with my t-shirts.

no, and yes...."

Old August 20th 04, 03:15 PM