Be careful about photographing your kids!

Old October 17th 03, 03:23 AM
Asbjørn Bjørnstad

Default Be careful about photographing your kids!

"Alan Browne" "Alan writes:

You're perverting the message to your conclusion, I merely quoted the
opinion that k-p users have a need for real contact.

Which is not surprising, but it doesn't mean that the need from
contact came from the use of k-p. It might as well be the other way
around. Why would people want to use k-p if they have no attraction to
underage kids in the first place? I know I don't. It may even be the
case that some people who have a need for real contact are able to
control that need by using k-p instead.
--
-asbjxrn
Old October 17th 03, 04:31 AM
Francis A. Miniter

Alan Browne wrote:

Francis A. Miniter wrote:

all the reasonable and good stuff snipped

As for what people see, police investigators and coroners see things
far, far worse than the average movie viewer will ever see. Now that
is something to make one queasy. Does this make them evil? We
presume not. So the point cannot be that viewing something makes one
a worse human being.

To 'normal' people, no. But to someone with a seed of obsession,
perversion or sickness..., yes, ...it is fuel. That is why the
obsessed, perverted and sick SEEK out this material. And that leads
to victimization.

Good comment.

Francis A. Miniter

Old October 17th 03, 06:37 AM
William Graham

"George Kerby" wrote in message
On 10/16/03 7:19 PM, in article dAGjb.571828$Oz4.540952@rwcrnsc54,

"William
Graham" wrote:

"George Kerby" wrote in message
Well, aren't you clever! I bet you drive through EZ Tag toll booths as
well...

I don't know what, "EZ Tag toll booths are", but if they are a

legitimate
way to pay for the roads, I wouldn't try to cheat them.....I only cheat

the
government out of the money that they have already cheated me out

of.....I
believe that everyone should pay their fair share of government

expenses. If
Bill Gates doesn't get any more fire and police, and Army protection

from
the government than I do, then he shouldn't have to pay any more for it

than
I do......Why is it that I can kill myself with candy bars (I am a

diabetic)
and not have to pay anything for it, but if you smoke cigarettes, you

have
to pay $3.00 a pack for them, when any tobacco farmer will tell you that
they should only cost about 60 cents a pack, even if they have to be

shipped
all the way to Mazatlan, Mexico and sold there at retail? Why do you let
your government screw other people? - Don't you ever stop to think that

some
day in the future, they may get around to screwing you?

EZ Tags lanes are those you drive through and a transmiter in the car that
you prepay and it automatically deducts from your account with each pass.
For this reason, that particular lane has no crossbar and traffic flows
without much slowdown. Violators will pass through these lanes even though
they have not paid anything because they know they can. Therefore,

security
cameras were set up that record the offender's tag - they photograph each
vehicle that passes through. Those that do not have an account are sent
bills and threats of legal action by the state of Texas if not corrected.
So, in response, a lot of violators started to put special covers over the
tags. These covers appear to be nothing to the eye but the recording

camera
is "blinded" by the special materials used (polarizer?). So the pinheads

in
the State Legislature got one thing passed before fleeing to beautiful
downtown Ardmore, OK this Spring: ANYTHING that covers ANY part of the tag
is now ILLEGAL here. Immediately millions of Texas motorists were in
violation of the law because most every dealership puts spme sort of
advertising on the tag frame.

Guess I got long winded above.

Anyway, I KNOW that I'm being screwed by SOME form of government at ANY
time.

VOTE LIBERTARIAN!

Alas, the candidates are generally pretty awful. The one from this state

who
ran for president in '92 was a perfect example...

sigh

EZ Tags sounds like something I would embrace and not try to cheat....A long
time ago I suggested something like this for the SF-Oakland Bay bridge toll
booths. I suggested a bar-code sticker on the drivers side door that could
be read by a laser scanner and you would be billed by mail every month or
two for what you owed in tolls....This way, you wouldn't need to stop and
they wouldn't need all those toll takers and the traffic flow would be a lot
smoother. You would slide through just like a box of Wheaties slides through
the scanner at a supermarket.......

Old October 17th 03, 06:55 AM
William Graham

"Alan Browne" "Alan wrote in message

William Graham wrote:

There are a lot of people who collect automobile license

plates.....These
are plates that are removed by the junkyard operators from cars that

have
been wrecked or abandonded, or sold for parts.....You can find these

license
plates in second hand stores, or garage sales, or junk stores....I have
found a set in the past that were still "good" for another 6

months.....IOW,
the little red sticker on the lower left corner still had 6 months to go
before it expired. And, both the front and the rear plate were

available.
But, in any case, I have many sets of these plates, most of which I paid
less than $5.00 a set for, and I can put them on my car when I park, so

the
parking tickets that I get are worthless....When the city tries to

collect
on them, they do not have a valid address for me....The plates in their

So, you defent the US Constitution, but you blatently flout the law.

Amazing.

Did it occur to you that somebody might forward your post to the city
and to the state DMV?

Somebody? - Hell, I have written many a letter to these organizations
myself....And newspapers......Signed and dated, too......I have been
bitching about the impropriety of parking tickets for years.....Also, the
unfairness of the property taxes on automobiles that the DMV collects....If
your hobby is collecting Haaselblads, you could easily have $50,000 worth of
cameras and lenses, but no cop comes pounding on your door every year and
says, "Hey, buddy! - Where are your camera tags? - Here's a ticket for
operating your camera without a license..." But if your hobby is cars and/or
motorcycles, and you have $50,000 worth of those, you have to pay a property
tax every year that in California, at least, will be over $1000...Where is
the justice in that? Do the car collectors get any more government services
than the camera collectors? - I think not....They just collect the money
from the car collectors because they can......For the same reason that
Hillary climbed mountains...."Just because it's there."

Old October 17th 03, 06:58 AM
William Graham

"Asbjørn Bjørnstad" wrote in message
"Alan Browne" "Alan writes:

You're perverting the message to your conclusion, I merely quoted the
opinion that k-p users have a need for real contact.

Which is not surprising, but it doesn't mean that the need from
contact came from the use of k-p. It might as well be the other way
around. Why would people want to use k-p if they have no attraction to
underage kids in the first place? I know I don't. It may even be the
case that some people who have a need for real contact are able to
control that need by using k-p instead.
--
-asbjxrn

Yes....By that same reasoning, we should outlaw Playboy magazine, because it
promotes rape.....Restrict the freedoms of everyone, including the innocent,
in order protect society from, and to punish the guilty......

Old October 17th 03, 07:13 AM
Mxsmanic

Alan Browne writes:

To me, the use of software that creates such images is just
as dangerous as the circulation of kp in circulation
and being added to by the hour.

Neither is particularly dangerous. The only danger is in the production
of actual child pornography, because it often unfairly exploits and
traumatizes children.

... however, there is thought in the police community that
people who possess k-p, commit the crimes.

The police don't make the laws, they just enforce them. Sometimes they
forget that.

You might not accept the following notion, but the existence
of k-p is to the pedophile a stamp of approval. His inhibitions
are lowered. He then needs to satisfy his needs.
Synthetic k-p will be the same.

You seem to know a lot about the thought patterns of pedophiles. Where
did you acquire this familiarity?

Go talk to the parents of one of the 1/100,000 that you let go up there.

Better still, talk to the parents of the 99,999/100,000 that have never
had any problem. That is much more representative than your suggestion.

... there are child abductions everywhere in the world, and not all of
them by divorced parents ...

Only about 99% of them are by parents. Other types of abductions in the
United States do not exceed double-digit figures for the entire country,
IIRC, despite the media circus that is constructed around them when they
occur.

... and recently there has been a rash of it happening in Montreal.

A "rash"? How many cases?

My son never reacted adversely to the advice. He talks to strangers as
things go. But he would never accept anything from one, get in their
car or enter their home.

Even one in a police uniform?

You are correct about people the child knows. Oddly, a child who has
never known abuse in the home, is that much more unwary of the danger
outside the home.

Why is that odd?

Old October 17th 03, 07:15 AM
Mxsmanic

Lionel writes:

Doesn't anyone in the USA /care/ that their 'freedoms' are being
taken away from them?

The majority of Americans have never lived without freedoms, and don't
realize that they can be lost and never regained. That's why they are
willing to throw them away in exchange for a promise of illusory
security.

Most democracies follow this path eventually, ultimately voting
themselves out of existence and returning to dictatorship.

Old October 17th 03, 07:17 AM
Mxsmanic

Alan Browne writes:

That is why the obsessed, perverted and sick SEEK out
this material. And that leads to victimization.

Show cause and effect.

Old October 17th 03, 07:19 AM
Mxsmanic

Gregory W. Blank writes:

I did not think you had proof, now your just confirming it.
Thanks for proving the point.

You haven't answered my question: What correlation is there between
"references" (whatever that means) and truth? You must have had
something in mind upon which to base your statements. What was that
basis?

Old October 17th 03, 07:21 AM
Mxsmanic

William Graham writes:

Yes....Besides, one would (hopefully) cook them at least to medium

I do not share your interest in cannibalism, so I wouldn't know.