Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro L IS: Depth of field chart wanted

Old January 27th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
peter

Default Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro L IS: Depth of field chart wanted

On 1/26/2011 5:24 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Jan 26, 9:38 am, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:36:30 -0500, don
wrote:

Thanks for all help. I got an iPad app that calculates depth of field
for combinations of variables.

So do you carry that awkward, bulky and fundamentally useless device
with you every time you go shooting pictures?

I would if I had one[1] and wanted to make sure my pictures were what
I wanted. If I thought that
the LCD on my camera (~3") wasn't sufficient, well prefer an ipad over
a laptop
or desktop, you ever tried carry a desktop around with you ;-)
I could play angry birds too :-) something which I can't do on my
camera LCD.
I could check the news, weather transport, I could even use it for
checking the camera manual.
If needed I could email my photos back to 'base' if I needed to

Not sure I'd use it for DoF charts, but I would use it to look at the
DoF in a image.
A friend recently used a smart phone to view a reciprocity graph of
film she was using.
She should have checked this before leaving the house but........

[1] Not every time and I'd also I'd wait for a retina display version.

The depth of filed preview button works fine for me.

--
Peter
Old January 30th 11, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

wrote:

[...]

Only if it doesn't get mis-filed.....