Get paid to post in forums..

Old August 21st 06, 04:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
F. H.

Default The South Park Scientology video

Al Klein wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:55:24 GMT, "Mordechai Housman"
wrote:

I saw that website, and I STILL think it's a hoax or something. I don't
consider their beliefs real, whatever their beliefs may be, but I find
it hard to believe that people really believe something like that.

People believed that the Sun God carried the sun across the sky in his
chariot. Really, really believed it.

People believed that the fire and smoke coming out of the mountain was
actually the rumblings of a god. Really, really believed it.

People believe that, even though no one can know what's in the mind of
their god, when one of his disciples tells you what he wants, it's
correct. Really, really believe it.

And Scientologists really, really believe the stuff you saw.

Religion is man's attempt to explain what he doesn't understand, in
terms he does. Scientology is no more religion, though, than any
Ponzi scheme. It's just a whole lot more elaborate, but even an
elaborate scam is just a scam.

I always thought that part of its success was due to appeal to those who
could be defined as agnostics or anyone who had trouble with the myth
aspects of religion. What better name for a belief system for those
folks than one with a reference to science in its name. It should also
be pointed out (IMO) that this is not just *any* "Ponzi scheme," this is
a tax free Ponzi scheme.
Old August 21st 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
F. H.

Al Klein wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:18:56 -0500, NotX
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:22:47 -0400, Al Klein
wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:44:17 -0400, Mike O'Connor
wrote:

You get the idea.

You mean the one about belief being a mental illness?

An infectious one, usually spread when the victim is below the age of
8 and does not have full immunity yet.

I think doing that should be labeled child abuse and treated
accordingly. We don't let people drive until they're old enough to
handle the situation. We don't let people handle dangerous weapons
until they're old enough to handle the situation. We shouldn't expose
people to dangerous ideas until they're old enough to handle the
situation.

John Bradshaw made that point back in the 80's this way: [paraphrase]
"giving children answers to questions they haven't asked is a form of
child abuse." He was referring specifically to religious "answers."
Old August 21st 06, 05:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
FreeThinker

Default OT III - Xenu is real

Most humble appologies, I posted on the wrong group. THe Co$ (Church
of $cientology has been spamming ARS with all kinds of off topic junk
and I replied with something that they are not supposed to read until
they pay many $$.

My mistake to post in alt.home.repair. My the tools be with you.

Freethinker.

Paul Heslop wrote:
Helen wrote:

"FreeThinker" wrote in message
oups.com...
OT III

What is this steaming heap of droppings supposed to be about?

:O) possibly to do with the xposting?
--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look

Old August 21st 06, 05:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Bill Funk

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:56:43 -0400, Al Klein
wrote:

I think doing that should be labeled child abuse and treated
accordingly. We don't let people drive until they're old enough to
handle the situation. We don't let people handle dangerous weapons
until they're old enough to handle the situation. We shouldn't expose
people to dangerous ideas until they're old enough to handle the
situation.

But then, who teaches the history classes?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old August 21st 06, 09:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Al Klein

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:51:19 GMT, "F. H."
wrote:

I always thought that part of its success was due to appeal to those who
could be defined as agnostics or anyone who had trouble with the myth
aspects of religion.

Those would be atheists. Most agnostics are theists. (I know, most
atheists are agnostic, but most agnostics are still theists.) It's a
difference between belief and knowledge.

It should also
be pointed out (IMO) that this is not just *any* "Ponzi scheme," this is
a tax free Ponzi scheme.

All religion is in the US.
--
http://www.webdingers.com/filelist.html
Old August 21st 06, 09:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Al Klein

On 21 Aug 2006 09:20:31 -0700, "FreeThinker"
wrote:

My mistake to post in alt.home.repair. My the tools be with you.

Repair your home ... download a free $ientology remover.
--
http://www.webdingers.com/filelist.html
Old August 21st 06, 10:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
ASAAR

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:26:54 -0700, Bill Funk wrote:

I think doing that should be labeled child abuse and treated
accordingly. We don't let people drive until they're old enough to
handle the situation. We don't let people handle dangerous weapons
until they're old enough to handle the situation. We shouldn't expose
people to dangerous ideas until they're old enough to handle the
situation.

But then, who teaches the history classes?

Anyone can, as the tykes are only exposed to the "official"
pre-sanitized, stress-free versions of history. People shouldn't be
exposed to books such as Philbrick's "Mayflower" until they've
reached voting age, at which point their critical thinking faculties
will have atrophied sufficiently to render the truth harmless. Then
they'll be able to choose who they want to follow without
endangering society, be it der Shrub, Xenu or Lizard People.

Old August 21st 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Lermanet.com

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:28:57 GMT, "Mordechai Housman"
wrote:

Please see
http://www.lermanet.com/xenu-in-southpark-is-real.htm

arnie lerma
Lermanet.com
Exposing the CON

Okay, I saw the video.

But I cannot believe that anyone actually believes this. South Park is a
comedy, so there is no reason to believe that just because they say that
Scientologists believe that stuff it means that they really believe it.

I don't believe anyone in his right mind can believe that. And I have
read up on Scientology, so I have another reason not to believe it.

I'm hoping against hope that no one really believes that stuff.

Arnaldo Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON

I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake

If the Borg were to breed with the Ferengi you'd get Scientology!

29 November 1995 - Memorandum Opinion Judge Leonie Brinkema
"the Court is now convinced that the primary motivation of RTC in suing Lerma, DGS and The Post is to stifle criticism of Scientology in general and to harass its critics. "

The internet is the Liberty Tree

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com
http://www.lermanet.com/idacamburn/cultsandkids.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/faqs.html#psychiatry
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist4.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/scientology-and-occult/
http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/
both with IMAGES!!

"Scientologists believe that most human problems
can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial
people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million
years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters"
to individuals in the contemporary world, causing
spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives
of their hosts"
[Judge Leonie Brinkema 4 Oct 96 Memorandum Opinion]

What do we get from getting people out of scientology?
We create an individual who has become a Houdini of
all mind traps.. folks who won't be fooled again.
People who can DE-program, People who can spring mental
traps..

We create, by freeing someone of scientology, a being
who has the ability to break the strongest slave chains
of all.

Those forged of lies. (c) Arnaldo Lerma

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire (1694 - 1778)
Old August 21st 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
F. H.

wrote:

I always thought that part of its success was due to appeal to those who
could be defined as agnostics or anyone who had trouble with the myth
aspects of religion.

Those would be atheists. Most agnostics are theists. (I know, most
atheists are agnostic, but most agnostics are still theists.) It's a
difference between belief and knowledge.

It should also
be pointed out (IMO) that this is not just *any* "Ponzi scheme," this is
a tax free Ponzi scheme.

All religion is in the US.

Understood. I was speaking to motivation. I seem to recall Hubbard was
known to grumble about it when he was still a science fiction writer.
Old August 22nd 06, 12:53 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Al Klein

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:22:38 GMT, "F. H."
wrote:

Understood. I was speaking to motivation. I seem to recall Hubbard was
known to grumble about it when he was still a science fiction writer.

Hubbard wasn't really all there, AFAICT. Maybe we were just hearing
the ramblings of one of his body thetans.
--
http://www.webdingers.com/filelist.html