Fwd: Drone lights for FPV flying (not indicator lights)

Old May 28th 21, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
gray_wolf

Default Fwd: Drone lights for FPV flying (not indicator lights)

Very interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1xYyGom1g

It could certainly windup the neighborhood. :-)

On 2021-05-20 5:23 a.m., John Doe wrote:
Also... My drone has a "Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System"
that keeps the aircraft stable above the ground when not being user
controlled. But it fails at nighttime because it can't see the ground. So why
not add an LED...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1xYyGom1g

Why NOT add an LED

Old May 29th 21, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 28, 2021, gray_wolf wrote
(in article ):

On 2021-05-20 5:23 a.m., John Doe wrote:
Also... My drone has a "Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System"
that keeps the aircraft stable above the ground when not being user
controlled. But it fails at nighttime because it can't see the ground. So why
not add an LED...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1xYyGom1g

Why NOT add an LED

That is a nice idea which would not work for “John Doe” and his DJI Mini.

The drone shown in that YouTube video is an enterprise level, 8 rotor FreeFly Alta 8 which has the lift capacity to deal with the load of that light bar. His Mini, not so much. Just consider the cost difference between his Mini and the FreeFly Alta 8 in the video; $400 for the Mini, and $17,500 for the Alta 8 before you add anything including cameras, and/or light bar.

He is looking for some cheap eBay special which might have questionable lighting performance when it comes to doing what he wants to get out of it.

Savageduck

On 2021-05-20 5:23 a.m., John Doe wrote:
[...]

....and that $17,500 for the Alta 8 is just the starting price, there is a lot more to add before you could even get it in the air.
https://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/alta/products/alta-8?variant=18143711559

Savageduck

On 2021-05-20 5:23 a.m., John Doe wrote:
Also... My drone has a "Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System"
that keeps the aircraft stable above the ground when not being user
controlled. But it fails at nighttime because it can't see the ground. So
why
not add an LED...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1xYyGom1g

Why NOT add an LED

He is looking for some cheap eBay special

I thought he was just looking for an argument. He sure wasn’t here to make
friends... Reminded me a bit of Arlen.

On 2021-05-20 5:23 a.m., John Doe wrote:
Also... My drone has a "Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System"
that keeps the aircraft stable above the ground when not being user
controlled. But it fails at nighttime because it can't see the ground. So
why
not add an LED...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1xYyGom1g

Why NOT add an LED

He is looking for some cheap eBay special

I thought he was just looking for an argument. He sure wasn’t here to make
friends... Reminded me a bit of Arlen.

All of the above!

Savageduck

Old May 29th 21, 10:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,free.spam
John Doe[_3_]

Dickbreath trolling...

Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 16:30:06 -0700
From: Savageduck
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html

On 2021-05-20 5:23 a.m., John Doe wrote:
Also... My drone has a "Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System"
that keeps the aircraft stable above the ground when not being user
controlled. But it fails at nighttime because it can't see the ground. So why
not add an LED...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1xYyGom1g

Why NOT add an LED

That is a nice idea which would not work for oJohn Doe and his DJI Mini.

Old May 29th 21, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,free.spam
John Doe[_3_]

Only a newbie or a troll suggests anyone cares about petty disputes
between posters. We post whenever we feel like posting, almost always to
do with whether or not we like the subject.

Nobody gives a damn about this obvious troll's not-quite-grown-up opinion
of other posters...

From: Bill W
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital

On 2021-05-20 5:23 a.m., John Doe wrote:
Also... My drone has a "Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System"
that keeps the aircraft stable above the ground when not being user
controlled. But it fails at nighttime because it can't see the ground. So
why
not add an LED...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1xYyGom1g

Why NOT add an LED

He is looking for some cheap eBay special

I thought he was just looking for an argument. He sure wasn Tt here to make
friends... Reminded me a bit of Arlen.

Old May 29th 21, 10:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Doe[_3_]

gray_wolf wrote:

Very interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1xYyGom1g

It could certainly windup the neighborhood. :-)

I'm surprised at the lack of consumer videos on the subject.

No doubt governments use them. There are plenty of obvious possible uses by
government, good and bad.

For a consumer drone like my ultralight... Anybody who knows anything about
electronics knows that an LED and a resistor (a functional mod) is almost
weightless and will easily keep an ultralight under the limit.

--

For anyone who isn't cognizant enough to know... The poster is a regular here.
I appreciate but have nothing to do with this follow-on original post.