Why current silver DSLRs make people want to vomit

Old August 1st 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default Why current silver DSLRs make people want to vomit

The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.
However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

Old August 1st 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:38:43 -0700, RichA trolled:

The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.
However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

You really need to fade to black.

Old August 1st 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

RichA wrote:
The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.
However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

Nikon also made the "FA" in silver or black. IIRC the black ones were
polycarbonate and better than the silver ones which were ABS. I had a
silver one - and it's the only plastic camera I've owned where the
plastic cracked. I should have bought the other plastic one.
Old August 1st 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
TRoss

wrote:

The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.

The Hasselblad H3D cameras have a similar silver finish - I think it
looks classy.

However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

So are you saying that this silver finish is attractive? (This could
be a first, folks - a RichA redirection/misdirection maneuver in the
OP.)

Speaking of metal with a silver finish ... you're tin foil beanie
needs adjusting. And while some may try to convince you there is a
stigma associated with wearing one, don't let that dissuade you.

Remember: the shiny side should point out.

TR

Old August 1st 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Randall Ainsworth

In article .com,
RichA wrote:

The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.
However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

Why don't you actually buy a camera so maybe you'll have half of a
clue?
Old August 1st 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Aug 1, 8:15 am, Randall Ainsworth wrote:
In article .com,

RichA wrote:
The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.
However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

Why don't you actually buy a camera so maybe you'll have half of a
clue?

Another benefit of silver cameras, they stay cooler than black ones
when exposed to the sun.

Old August 1st 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
l v

RichA wrote:
The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.
However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

The color of the camera is irrelevant when you attach a big white
L-series Canon lens.

--

Len
Old August 1st 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Phisherman

I did not buy my Rebel because it is silver. In fact, I did not buy a
new Tundra truck because it is silver, although I may not have bought
it if it were pink. Apparently, silver is currently in vogue. Hi ho
silver!
Old August 1st 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Mitchum

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp

--
http://www.xoverboard.com/cartoons/2..._argument.html
Old August 1st 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
JoeT[_2_]

"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 1, 8:15 am, Randall Ainsworth wrote:

Another benefit of silver cameras, they stay cooler than black ones
when exposed to the sun.

Are you seriously saying you leave your camera lying around in the sun long
enough for UV exposure to become a greater heating issue than actual air
temperature?
Geesh man get a grip on something that resembles reality.