Where I keep my spare cats.

Old June 2nd 17, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default Screenshot! (was - Where I keep my spare cats)

On 02/06/2017 01:05, Diesel wrote:
"David B."
Thu, 01 Jun 2017 12:20:05 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

Securi advises - "This malware is generally hidden inside the HTML
or PHP files".

Sucuri, David.

wget tekrider.net
--2017-06-01 19:41:47-- http://tekrider.net/
Resolving tekrider.net... 192.251.238.3
Connecting to tekrider.net|192.251.238.3|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
Location: pages/index.php [following]
--2017-06-01 19:41:47-- http://tekrider.net/pages/index.php
Reusing existing connection to tekrider.net:80.
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: `index.php'

[ = ] 5,737 --.-K/s in
0.02s

2017-06-01 19:41:47 (227 KB/s) - `index.php' saved [5737]

Verified the lines Sucuri thinks are present in the index.php using
alleycode and notepad (not necessary, but, I like to be thorough for
you) are not.

Also verified the results with firefox:

view-source:https://tekrider.net/pages/index.php

So, that's three seperate ways of doing it, and, all three confirm,
Sucuri is incorrect. Local mirrored copy (#1), wget (#2), firefox
(#3) as I know you're a bit 'slow' concerning matters of a
technical nature.

Btw, the local image was done on the 29th of May.

Do you think he is trying to trick folk?

I know you are and why. You don't appreciate not being able to remove
the contents of the site. After things didn't go your way, you've
decided to attack and attempt to discredit the site and it's owner,
instead. Like hh though, you're determined to dig a hole to china.
I don't mind watching you try with a shovel. I find it greatly amusing,
myself. Perhaps you and he can get together and exchange notes on
things of a technical nature as well as how to properly stalk your
victims?

Neither of you could do any worse as it is...After all, you've both
written what amounts to horse ****, and neither of you make for classy
trolls, despite your efforts to the contrary.

I'm saddened that you feel that way, Dustin.

I simply want the Internet to be a safer place for everyone. Truly! :-)

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Old June 3rd 17, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

"David B."
Fri, 02 Jun 2017 14:41:01 GMT in
rec.photo.digital, wrote:

[snip]

The 'security' community, Dustin. The folk who purport to protect
us!

It's the standing I have David that caused you to contact me in the
first place. :-) And, it's not necessarily a bad standing to have,
either. You thought i'd be useful to you for the skills you know for
a fact I possess. I'm one of the few publically known former
blackhats that went on to develop software and provide assistance to
help those with the malware issue. Due to my previous misdeeds, some
individuals will never let go of the past, and, that's why some
dislike me. I'm just more open about what I've done is all. And, you
know that as well.

I did! :-)

I was impressed by what I read, so I've written to the company.

Great, do be sure and share what they write back.

Hello - I write to seek your help after reading your comments
about Securi.

It's Sucuri, David. No 'e'

Since being caught up in a scam back in 2005, I've been seeking to
discover just how the 'bad guys' operate on the Internet.

That's a very long time for you to still have no useful knowledge of
your own concerning the world of IT.

I'd really appreciate it if you could investigate a particular web
site for me. It appears to be carrying an unauthorised script at
line 86 - which can be seen by using this facility:-

Yet, doesn't exist if you pull a copy yourself. Doesn't exist if you
visit the page with firefox, doesn't exist if you have firefox lie
about which browser it is. ****ing magical, isn't it?

When I view the Tekrider web site in normal course, I can see no
mention of the site owner's 'Stalker' page - but I CAN if I use a
VPN. I'm convinced that something is amiss and respectfully
request that, in the Interest of ALL Internet users, someone from
from your firm takes a look at this situation. I will be most
grateful.

The only stalker here is you David.

Nope, I can't go to hell.
Satan still has a restraining order against me.
Old June 3rd 17, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

"David B."
news rec.photo.digital, wrote:

[snip]

I'm saddened that you feel that way, Dustin.
I simply want the Internet to be a safer place for everyone.
Truly! :-)

No, you don't. You want things your way, specifically. Nothing to do
with making the internet itself safer. You believe it's your right!
to access any system you like, regardless of the admin and/or owners
wishes. You believe it's your right! to stalk others who won't assist
you in doing this, and, you believe it's your right! to try to place
them in harms way by attempting to 'dox' them for refusing to help
you.

Which is exactly what you tried doing with me, several years ago.
When I wouldn't hack into web forums you didn't have permission to be
on anymore (because the admins banned you), you did some research on
'hackers' and found my resume (heh). You tried to solicit me into
hacking those websites, initially for free. I turned you down. Then,
being the asshole you are who doesn't take no for an answer easily,
you offered to pay me to hack them. Go ahead, David, deny it, it's
*ALL* in that email correspondence.

When I declined that as well, you attempted to force me to help you
by trying! and failing to 'dox' me for my refusing to use the skills
I have in a nefarious manner towards people I don't know.

You've been using the 'he's a pirate' as a smoke screen ever since
then, because I ****ed you off by refusing to use the skills you know
I have, thanks to prior stalking efforts on YOUR PART towards me
prior to contacting me to help you make others miserable. When I
decided that enough was enough, and, did to you what you tried and
failed doing to me, you changed tactics and resorted to attacking me,
instead. And, it's been that way ever since. You've gone so far as to
try and recruit others to help you do what you cannot. Even in this
very newsgroup!

Old July 2nd 17, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

In article
XnsA7841A939CEC8HT1@z2EEd70JefktzJb64TMQebUU311gP 5hrG.npCmT206Xn5lh.90b
6e2Gl51, Diesel wrote:

for what most people do, certainly for schoolkids, they're way
more than adequate, and with some advantages over an old school
laptop.

I can't say that most people would have no further needs than what a
chromebook offers. Chromebooks are not on par with a modern laptop
or desktop/tower machine. They have their uses, but, they are
limited as compared to the other two options I mentioned.

nonsense. the only limitation is the user.

chromebooks are optimized for different sorts of tasks than desktop
computers.

what matters is what's the best tool for a given task.

no one tool does everything.

Mac users feel they spent enough money on the hardware and shouldn't
have to spend oodles more on software packages for it. Which tend to
be on the expensive side, as well as the hardware required to run
them. Apple still believes (although they are coming around to a
certain extent) that closed is better. Mac machines aren't as
friendly to the idea of software or hardware customization by the
purchaser. They tend to make both processes rather difficult at
times for the techie, so, for end users, it's a royal pita. And,
it's always been this way. From the microcomputers Apple sold in the
80s to the more recent stuff they peddle now.

nonsense. macs are far more customizable that windows can ever hope to
be.

just because you don't know how doesn't mean it can't be done.

Some (many) Windows users tend to be so cheap as to pir8 the OS
itself, whenever possible. And, they'll happily pirate software
intended to run on it. Everything from Games to Adobe products.

that's not something to be proud of.

As for photoshop not working under linux, thanks to VM technologies,
that's not a real claim.

it is a real claim.

the fact that you have to run a vm proves it can't work in linux, and
running photoshop in a vm is laughable.

graphics professionals would never run photoshop virtualized because
unlike you, they can afford professional tools.

If you want to play with Apples OS without having to purchase a Mac,
you can VM it's happy ass on your native Linux box, too.

not legally, you can't, and regardless, it doesn't work particularly
well.

You can
have Linux, OSX, And Windows all running on the same physical
machine, pending you have the ram, hd space, and strong enough CPU
to get the work done in a reasonable amount of time.

that can only be done on a mac.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X

OSX is based on it, infact.

not based on. os x *is* unix.

windows users generally do not upgrade partly because of the cost,
partly because it's a pain in the ass, which is why there are
still people running windows xp, a nearly 20 year old system.

Windows users infact, do, upgrade, but with the changes MS has
foisted upon them with Windows 8/8.1 and now, Windows 10, many are
opting not to do so. PC based systems until the past few years with
MS have been about user choice and user options. Unlike Apple.

windows users in general do *not* upgrade because it's a pain in the
ass.

windows xp-7 was hell.
Old July 2nd 17, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article
XnsA783B1E3E49FHT1@z2EEd70JefktzJb64TMQebUU311gP5 hrG.npCmT206Xn5lh.90b6
e2Gl51, Diesel wrote:

you don't understand what it is you're reading, mostly because you
don't use macs and don't understand how they work, and based on
your posts, you are an apple-hating troll.

Partially correct. I don't like macs, would prefer not to use macs,
but, I'm not an Apple hating troll, and, I do understand how they
work.

based on what you've written, you haven't any clue whatsoever about how
macs work (or anything else apple makes). everything you've said is
nothing more than ignorant apple-bashing trolling.

In the event you missed them, I've included some below:

https://arstechnica.com/security/201...vered-mac-malw
are-may-have- circulated-in-the-wild-for-2-years/

Apple issues MacOS update that automatically protects infected
machines.

already patched. non-issue.

The article is from January, and, you claimed Macs didn't have
malware in the wild. The article disputes that statement.

it's been patched so it no longer applies, and it also required user
installation anyway.

in the wild means propagates on its own. there is no mac malware that
propagates on its own. period.

meanwhile, wannacry and petya are currently pwning millions of windows
systems worldwide.

not a single mac has been affected.

nothing is 100% secure, but macs are definitely well above windows.

Android is beating the snot out of the ios...

nope.

http://bgr.com/2017/01/12/iphone-vs-...q4-2016-us-uk/
In the United States, Applešs iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 6s
were three best-selling smartphones during the three-month period
ended in November. According to Kantar, the three devices combined to
account for 31.3% of all smartphone sales in the US. Samsungšs Galaxy
S7 and Galaxy S7 edge took the numbers four and five spots, combining
to account for 28.9% of all smartphone sales in the region.

Applešs share of the US smartphone market climbed 6.4% on-year to
43.5% in the three months ended in November, while Android slipped
5.1% to 55.3%.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2016/...ne-grabs-big-m
arket-share-in-the-us.aspx
Based on Kantar's data, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus seem to have
hit the ground running. iPhone sales represented 40.5% of smartphone
sales in the three months ending October -- up a notable seven
percentage points year over year, from 33.5%.

most android devices are cheap phones, often just feature phones which
doesn't even have the google play store, which means it's barely even
an android phone. there's no way to add new apps. comparing feature
phones to flagship phones such as the iphone and the samsung galaxy
series is bogus.

I'm not a big fan of Chrome books
myself, because of their limited
functionality as compared to a real PC,

chromebooks in no way have limited functionality. what they do is
optimized for different use cases, and they do it *better* than trying
to hack a windows pc into doing the same tasks.

but, I'd much rather see them in more
educational areas than I would
the Apples anyday.

only because you're ignorant and hate everything apple.

pick the best tool for the job. sometimes it's apple and sometimes it's
not.

intentionally avoiding a product because of who makes it, particularly
when it's the best choice, is *stupid*.

Some schools are investing in the chromebooks, aka, wannabe
laptops.

chromebooks aren't wannabe laptops. some of them are more
expensive than a windows laptop.

Chromebooks are most certainly wannabe laptops.

nonsense.

Cost doesn't mean
everything, either.

it does to you, because you keep yapping about prices.

what matters is the best tool for a given task and how productive a
person is when using it.

One can purchase a really cheap, LOW END windows
laptop for less than some Chromebooks, sure.

one can purchase cheap low end crap for all sorts of things. they are
generally utter junk.

linux is great for servers. buy a bunch of asus boxes and set up a
server rack. nothing wrong with that.

Linux certainly shines in the server world. As well as embedded
devices, routers, etc things that allow us to communicate. it's also
gaining ground on the desktop.

no it isn't. linux desktop share is dropping, less than 2% as of right
now.

for the desktop, however, linux is a horrible choice because of
the sheer lack of software, particularly quality software. major
companies, such as adobe and microsoft, ignore it. even smaller
players, such as garmin, ignore it.

Adobe isn't ignoring Linux...They're supporting flash and reader on
linux, again. Microsoft certainly isn't ignoring it! Where have you been?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window...stem_for_Linux

flash is dead and reader for linux has been discontinued.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/10/a...nload-pulled-w
ebsite

Garmins GPS devices run linux....

it doesn't matter what it runs internally because that's never exposed
to the user.

as i said, linux is a reasonable choice for embedded devices.

And you can get the garmin to talk
to a linux box, it just may not be as simple as Windows or Mac.

that's what unsupported means.

while you're trying to get it to work, mac/windows users already synced
their data and are off doing whatever it is they want to do with the
gps.

Gimp isn't supposed to be a replacement for Photoshop, so I don't
see why you're even bringing it up? As far as running substantially
slower on the same hardware, that hasn't been my experience...So,
what hardware specifically are you using for the comparison?

it doesn't matter what hardware it is.

pick whatever hardware you want.

the gimp will be substantially slower than photoshop on the very same
hardware, over 10x slower in some cases. it's shocking how unoptimized
the gimp is.

adobe spends an insane amount of time optimizing the hell out of
photoshop, going to such extreme lengths as tuning it to specific
processor variants as well as designing their own virtual memory system
that's optimized for image processing, which goes well beyond the
limitations of the operating system.

Btw, Gimp supports some of the photoshop native plugins now, too.
http://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-...lugins-in-gimp

only filter plugins, and of those, not all of them, and of the ones
that do work, there are numerous compatibility issues.

a graphics professional will not touch the gimp.

graphics professionals don't have the time to waste ****ing around
trying to get crappy products to work. they can afford professional
tools, which pay for themselves.
Old July 2nd 17, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article
XnsA7841A9453C1AHT1@z2EEd70JefktzJb64TMQebUU311gP 5hrG.npCmT206Xn5lh.90b
6e2Gl51, Diesel wrote:

Too complicated for you to understand, I get it. That's
probably why you feel right at home on a Mac. They are good
baby sitters for those who don't know, or want to learn, how
the machine in front of them works. Apple prides itself on
dumbing technology down and charging you out the ass for it.

nonsense.

Do you have any reputable sites which dispute what I wrote?

reputable sites don't refer to mac users as idiots who need
babysitters. only apple-bashers do that.

So you have no sites to offer?

all of them.

not a single reputable site will insult users.

See below if you want to get an idea of how much you're being ****ed
over. Btw, the Acer below is considerably more upgradable if you
wanted to do so. The all in one mac, due to it's very
design/case/etc, isn't.

who cares. what matters is getting actual work done, not opening up the
box and poking around inside.

Other than swapping out the HD and adding more ram, that is. With
the Acer, I can add another hard drive, internally; no swap
required. As well as the ram, the video card, the sound card, etc
etc etc. I can't changeout the sound card or video card on the mac.
I'm stuck with what it has. Thanks so much Apple. I can't add an
additional video card to the apple for quad display or coin mining,
either. I can with the Acer. And, if I wanted to mine coins,
I'd want more GPUS and the better CPU working together for faster
coin mining results. The apple won't lemme do that.

there's much more to life than mining bitcoins.

the prices of apple products are competitive for similar specs,
often *less* expensive.

We're discussing Apple computers, specifically. Do you have any
reputable sites that state an Apple computer costs about the same as
an equivalent PC? If so, please provide url(s)...

there are plenty of comparisons and more every day.

for instance, the retina imac 5k costs about the same as a dell 5k
display, which is just a display, no computer. you have to add the
cost of the computer, which makes it quite a bit more expensive
than the imac.

You aren't making a fair comparison, here.

oh yes i am.

And the retina imac 5k had/still has? issues with backlighting and
it's not exactly the speediest machine available, either. They took
an older machine and gave it a new video panel, essentially.
http://www.alphr.com/apple/apple-imac-1

nonsense.

apple did *much* more than give it a new video panel.

But, as I said, this isn't a fair comparison. Especially when you
consider that it's an all in one, and not just a display that can be
connected to other computers...Unlike the Dell you picked for price
comparison purposes..Which is a bit pricey, considering other
options...

it doesn't matter whether it's an all in one or not.

what matters is having comparable specs.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac

I'm assuming you picked the Dell because of it's high price, and,
made no effort to see what other companies were offering theirs for.

i picked the dell because both the dell and the 5k imac used the *same*
lcd panel internally.

the only difference was the external enclosure and that apple included
a computer and dell did not.

dell originally announced their 5k display for $2500, before it
actually shipped:
And with the UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K monitor expected to retail for
a cool $2,500, you may just need Santa to foot the bill for any
add-ons.

except that a few months later, apple announced the 5k imac for $2500,
so dell *had* to cut their price to $2000.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28447...tor-price-afte
r-apple-launches-new-imac.html
...Dell, which has announced but not yet shipped its UltraSharp 5K
monitor, says it will cut its price, in the wake of Applešs latest
27-inch iMac hitting the market.
For $2,499.99, Apple is throwing an entire computing platform into
its 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K Display. Dellšs UltraSharp 27 is only
a monitor and the company may have had to drop its price to attract
buyers, Colegrove said.

So, I did it for you:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-J3G14A8-AB.../dp/B00VO85RY6

Thats a commercial grade one, too.

no it isn't. 'commercial grade' is meaningless and that's not in the
same class as what's in an imac, which is a dci-p3 wide gamut display
that's also nearly twice as bright.

lesser specs cost less. no surprise there.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...28&ignorebbr=1

i7 (all retina imacs are i5)

absolutely wrong.

the top of the line imac is currently a 4.2 ghz i7 w/turbo boost to 4.5
ghz.

when the imac pro ships later this year, the top of the line imac will
be an 18 core xeon.

CPU, twice the ram, twice the HD
space...If compared to the prior two Apple Imacs with 5k retina
otherwise, HD space is the same, ram isn't, and cpu is lacking on
the Apple. The apple is using an i5. The acer is using an i7 with a
higher clock frequency before 'turbo boost'

again wrong.

that acer has a 3.6 ghz i7, while the imac tops out wtih a 4.2 ghz i7.

you're also ignoring numerous other features that the imac has, such as
thunderbolt 3, a wide gamut display, *extremely* fast ssd and *much*
more.

tl;dr the acer has lesser specs so it costs less.

the samsung galaxy s8 costs *more* than a similar iphone, as did
the galaxy note 7 before it was recalled.

Again, you aren't making a fair comparison here, either.

oh yes i am.

two flagship phones with similar features for a similar price.

if you want to see charging out the ass, look no further than
microsoft.

the price of the microsoft surface studio is about *double* the
price of a similar apple imac, with the only tangible difference
being that the surface studio display pivots and supports touch.

Well, you claimed that about the retina display, and, I've proven
you wrong already. so unless you're willing to provide specs on what
you think an equ imac is for fact checking I'm not going to take
what you've written at face value.

you haven't proven anything wrong.

all you've done is show how grossly uninformed you are.
Old July 2nd 17, 04:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

6e2Gl51, Diesel wrote:

[...]

If the Dell 5K is anything like the the two 25" UP2516D screens that I
have just bought there is an awful lot of memory and computing power
inside to deal with multiple color spaces etc. It's not just a bare
display. I have no idea of how the Apple 5K compares in this respect
or how it handles the equivalent problems.

[...]

Same backlighting too?

Old July 2nd 17, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

for instance, the retina imac 5k costs about the same as a dell 5k
display, which is just a display, no computer. you have to add the
cost of the computer, which makes it quite a bit more expensive
than the imac.

You aren't making a fair comparison, here.

oh yes i am.

If the Dell 5K is anything like the the two 25" UP2516D screens that I
have just bought there is an awful lot of memory and computing power
inside to deal with multiple color spaces etc. It's not just a bare
display. I have no idea of how the Apple 5K compares in this respect
or how it handles the equivalent problems.

whatever is needed is part of the imac itself.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac

I'm assuming you picked the Dell because of it's high price, and,
made no effort to see what other companies were offering theirs for.

i picked the dell because both the dell and the 5k imac used the *same*
lcd panel internally.

Same backlighting too?

that doesn't matter since the 5k panel is the major part of the cost,
not the backlight, plus dell displays are well known for leaking, so
even if they are they same, they're not built as well.
Old July 2nd 17, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 23:47:43 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

for instance, the retina imac 5k costs about the same as a dell 5k
display, which is just a display, no computer. you have to add the
cost of the computer, which makes it quite a bit more expensive
than the imac.

You aren't making a fair comparison, here.

oh yes i am.

If the Dell 5K is anything like the the two 25" UP2516D screens that I
have just bought there is an awful lot of memory and computing power
inside to deal with multiple color spaces etc. It's not just a bare
display. I have no idea of how the Apple 5K compares in this respect
or how it handles the equivalent problems.

whatever is needed is part of the imac itself.

That's right, so how nay color spaces does it recognise and how are
they calibrated?

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac

I'm assuming you picked the Dell because of it's high price, and,
made no effort to see what other companies were offering theirs for.

i picked the dell because both the dell and the 5k imac used the *same*
lcd panel internally.

Same backlighting too?

that doesn't matter since the 5k panel is the major part of the cost,
not the backlight, plus dell displays are well known for leaking, so
even if they are they same, they're not built as well.

All of these high gamut/resolution displays (except Eizo and the top
NEC) are notorious for (light) leaking, which is wy I asked about the
Apple's backlighting.

Eric Stevens
Old July 2nd 17, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

6e2Gl51, Diesel wrote:

[...]

Yup! It's much easier to purchase a new machine.

I admit I have never upgraded a Mac. With my Lenovo, it's trivial to
increase HD capacity. With my old HP, which last time I looked was a
Windows machine, I repaired and upgraded several times, to expand HD
capacity, until I decided to get a new machine.

windows xp-7 was hell.

--
PeterN