People who put expensive lenses on "lesser" cameras

Old July 16th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Michael Johnson

Default People who put expensive lenses on "lesser" cameras

Robert Coe wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 07:50:34 -0400, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com
wrote:
: Michael Johnson wrote:
:
: Hell, if I were your partner you'd be high in the black instead of
: drowning in the red.
:
: First, to be my partner you would have to have a BSCE degree. That
: rules you out immediately. Second, you would have to command at
: least a moderate amount of common sense. Third, your ego would need
: to be deflated to 1% its current size to keep you from chasing
: clients out the door on a daily basis. Fourth, lack of the first
: three items listed would result in the development community labeling
: you as an idiot and thus avoiding you, and your company, at all
: costs. All these facts, and many more that become evident the more
: you post, would preclude you from ever being my partner. Are you
: this ignorant and obnoxious in real life or just in Usenet?
:
: Yep! Just as I suspected...totally pigheaded. No wonder you're in the red.

I don't remember him saying that he *is* in the red. Did I miss something?

Most independent consultants can't afford the luxury of staying in the red
very long. The fact that Michael actually has clients to worry about suggests
that he may be doing better than you imply.

I've been self employed for 17 years straight. It hasn't been because I
stay on the "bleeding edge" of technology. It is from serving clients
well and not getting into debt from useless equipment/software
purchases. It also helps to not be in a constant training cycle so you
can keep you and your employees' productivity level as high as possible.
Some people like Rita show their complete ignorance by the comments
they post.
Old July 16th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Michael Johnson

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Robert Coe wrote:

Yep! Just as I suspected...totally pigheaded. No wonder you're in
the red.

I don't remember him saying that he *is* in the red. Did I miss
something?

He doesn't need to say what is written on his forehead.

Well aren't you the all knowing wonder. Still working hard at looking
stupid, I see.

Most independent consultants can't afford the luxury of staying in
the red very long. The fact that Michael actually has clients to
worry about suggests that he may be doing better than you imply.

Irrelevant! What you are describing is a failure. This probably hits
the mark dead on.

Staying in business is a failure? Now that is some flawless logic.
Old July 16th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Michael Johnson

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Michael Johnson wrote:

Hell, if I were your partner you'd be high in the black instead of
drowning in the red.

First, to be my partner you would have to have a BSCE degree. That
rules you out immediately. Second, you would have to command at
least a moderate amount of common sense. Third, your ego would need
to be deflated to 1% its current size to keep you from chasing
clients out the door on a daily basis. Fourth, lack of the first
three items listed would result in the development community labeling
you as an idiot and thus avoiding you, and your company, at all
costs. All these facts, and many more that become evident the more
you post, would preclude you from ever being my partner. Are you
this ignorant and obnoxious in real life or just in Usenet?

Yep! Just as I suspected...totally pigheaded. No wonder you're in the
red.

Are you my accountant? If not then you're once again showing your
ignorance. How's life on the waiting list for bleeding edge technology?
Tell me, is it still bleeding edge when you get it out of lay away?
Old July 16th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Sheehy

"Adrian Boliston" wrote in
:

If I had a 5D then the basic $100 Canon 50/1.8 lens would be quite a
good combo as it would work like a 35mm lens due to the crop factor.

That's a new one - "APS equivalent Focal Length"!
--

John P Sheehy

Old July 16th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Sheehy

RichA wrote in
oups.com:

On Jul 11, 6:06 am, "Adrian Boliston" wrote:
If I had a 5D then the basic $100 Canon 50/1.8 lens would be quite a
good combo as it would work like a 35mm lens due to the crop factor.

And it's image quality would blow away the lesser breeds. This is
clear.

Yes, if you fill the frame. If you wanted a crop, though, the XTi would
give a better image, at ISO 400 and below.

The big-sensor cameras are only better if you use the entire frame (and the
XTi has less read noise than the 5D at ISOs 100 and 200).

--

John P Sheehy

Old July 16th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:11:10 -0400, Michael Johnson wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote:
: On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 07:50:34 -0400, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com
: wrote:
: : Michael Johnson wrote:
: :
[...]

"Be not the first by whom the new [is] tried
Nor yet the last to lay the old aside."
- Alexander Pope
Old July 16th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:37:06 -0400, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com
wrote:
: Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
:
: Not true! Buying the proper equipment eliminates any need for a
: learning curve. This means buying Nikon since all the controls are
: so well thought out and placed that even Stevie Wonder can properly
: use the camera by feel without the dreaded learning curve.
:
: The minute I can put a Nikon in _any_ baby's hands and see them
: make world class photographs, I believe you, but not a single
: second earlier.
:
: You do realize that the Nikon D40 was designed for and is the perfect camera
: for a baby to its teeth on?

There's a typo in that post, isn't there, Rita? I believe you left out the
word "break".

Bob
Old July 16th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Michael Johnson

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Michael Johnson wrote:

Irrelevant! What you are describing is a failure. This probably
hits the mark dead on.

Staying in business is a failure? Now that is some flawless logic.

Gasping for air while sinking under the surface of the water is still
drowning.

Another non sequitur, I see. For you I guess it is a good way to start
the day.
Old July 16th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Michael Johnson

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Michael Johnson wrote:

Yep! Just as I suspected...totally pigheaded. No wonder you're in
the red.

Are you my accountant? If not then you're once again showing your
ignorance. How's life on the waiting list for bleeding edge
technology? Tell me, is it still bleeding edge when you get it out
of lay away?

You can only wish I were your accountant. Life is great! If I'm lucky I
will have the old Mk III in less than six weeks. And thinking about how
these fools are paying $1,400 over street value I might sell it when I get
it. Thanks! I'm getting on the phone today and ordering one more. That
extra $1,400 should offset the wait period and extend my 18-month use
period
by six months or so.

Think of all that time you have been without that "bleeding edge"
technology in you hands. What a pity.
Old July 16th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
JoeT[_2_]

"Michael Johnson" wrote in message
news
Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Michael Johnson wrote:

Irrelevant! What you are describing is a failure. This probably
hits the mark dead on.

Staying in business is a failure? Now that is some flawless logic.

Gasping for air while sinking under the surface of the water is still
drowning.

Another non sequitur, I see. For you I guess it is a good way to start
the day.

A mere glance at the threads in which she participates reveals that she (or
the caricature that is Rita) thrives on and/or exists for discord.