How badly do you want to get beaten up for crappy, inane video?

Old February 2nd 18, 09:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default How badly do you want to get beaten up for crappy, inane video?

On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 19:28:39 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

With Windows 10 I have had a few externally caused experiences* which
which would munched Windows in the old days. But it always comes up
with a reboot although it sometimes takes a bit longer than usual.

* e.g. Power failure during a software upgrade with the UPS running
out of steam before the upgrade has finished.

yet you're dismissing that as completely normal. it's not.

What is the 'that' to which you are referring?

Eric Stevens
Old February 2nd 18, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I think you're also forgetting that Spyder issue you had, and the
file permissions issues.

I wouldn't class the Spyder problem as the fault of Windows any
more
than I attribute my i1 problems to Windows. The file permissions
problems are something I could do without but they continue to
work
as intended and have never brought Windows to a grinding halt.

those absolutely are a problem with windows.

They make networking between machines running different versions of
Windows a pain in the arse.

how would using a spyder plugged into a usb port cause windows
networking problems?

for that to be true, windows would need to be *really* ****ed up.

Nope. It's your understanding of the English language is ****ed up. I
was commenting on "The file permissions problems are something I could
do without but they continue to work as intended and have never
brought Windows to a grinding halt."

you brought up networking. why did you mention networking in a
discussion about spyder issues?

Because you named Spyder problems and file permissions in the one
sentence.

nope. bill said that.

Whatever. That's what I was responding to.

that's a fundamental error.

As I thought you could have read I wrote "The file
permissions problems are something I could do without but they
continue to work as intended and have never brought Windows to a
grinding halt." and when you wrote "those absolutely are a problem
with windows." I responded "They make networking between machines
running different versions of Windows a pain in the arse."

you're dismissing problems and accepting them as normal.

That's a bizarre statement. How can you justify it?

from what you've written.

very strange.

So, you see I did not mention networking in a discussion about Spyder
issues.

then why did you mention networking issues in a discussion about spyder
and permissions?

Read the ****ing thread. You will find that I have already explained
this in more detail than I am accustomed to get from you.

avoiding answering, as usual.

nowhere did you say why you mentioned networking.

in another post, you mentioned repeated bluescreens. that would be
considered a grinding halt.

I also mentioned that was with Windows 2000 which dates back to the
last century.

it still counts.

For what?

that windows has a lot issues, ones which you are dismissing as normal
because you're used to there being problems all the time.
Old February 2nd 18, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Nope. It's your understanding of the English language is ****ed up. I
was commenting on "The file permissions problems are something I could
do without but they continue to work as intended and have never
brought Windows to a grinding halt."

you brought up networking. why did you mention networking in a
discussion about spyder issues?

Because you named Spyder problems and file permissions in the one
sentence.

nope. bill said that.

The way I remember it, the Spyder issue *was* file permissions. It
couldn't write the new calibration file to a certain folder. That's
why they were in the same sentence. Thinking more about it, Eric might
have mentioned another separate issue, the one that many people had
when upgrading to 10. But I still think the Spyder problem had the
same cause.

Frankly, I can't remember.

fortunately, others do.
Old February 2nd 18, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

They make networking between machines running different versions of
Windows a pain in the arse.

Install w10 on them all and you're done... ;-ppp

Not if you want to access a wide range of files on one machine from
another.

Can't you use SAMBA?

Possibly, but my need is not sufficiently pressing to justify the
effort in getting started.

what effort is that?

I don't know anything about Samba.

unless you're writing a samba client or server, you don't need to.
Old February 2nd 18, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

They make networking between machines running different versions of
Windows a pain in the arse.

Install w10 on them all and you're done... ;-ppp

Not if you want to access a wide range of files on one machine from
another.

nonsense.

My experience does not seem to be the same as yours.

then you're doing something wrong.

windows systems of different versions have *no* issue communicating
with each other.

We are not talking about networking. We were discussing file
permissions.

wrong yet again.

you wrote:
They make networking between machines running different versions of
Windows a pain in the arse.

do you see the third word in that sentence?

next, you wrote:
Not if you want to access a wide range of files on one machine from
another.

'on one machine from another' means networking.

you lose.
Old February 2nd 18, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

With Windows 10 I have had a few externally caused experiences* which
which would munched Windows in the old days. But it always comes up
with a reboot although it sometimes takes a bit longer than usual.

* e.g. Power failure during a software upgrade with the UPS running
out of steam before the upgrade has finished.

yet you're dismissing that as completely normal. it's not.

What is the 'that' to which you are referring?

the power failure during an upgrade. do try to keep up.
Old February 2nd 18, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 22:50:34 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 17:02:52 -0800, Bill W
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 19:28:38 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

That's the way I remember it. You had asked about the Spyder issue
here, and some of us gave suggestions. I had recently had problems
with file permissions, and mentioned what you could try to fix the
problem, and I thought that was what took care of it.
Old February 2nd 18, 07:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 02/02/2018 08:00 AM, nospam wrote:

next, you wrote:
Not if you want to access a wide range of files on one machine from
another.

'on one machine from another' means networking.

you lose.

And "access a wide range of files..." sounds an awful lot like file
permissions. Especially the word "access".

--
Ken Hart

Old February 2nd 18, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

next, you wrote:
Not if you want to access a wide range of files on one machine from
another.

'on one machine from another' means networking.

you lose.

And "access a wide range of files..." sounds an awful lot like file
permissions. Especially the word "access".

nope, especially given the context.

also, since it's a single user system, *all* files are accessible. you
might need to authenticate to 'access' some of them, but that's about
it.
Old February 2nd 18, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 08:00:48 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

Fortunately?