Lock-ups During Download?

Old August 9th 04, 06:13 PM
Steve Legate

Default Lock-ups During Download?

Hello, All,

My wife's Sony laptop (WinXP, AMD processor) locks up at some point
during EVERY download attempt from my Kodak digital camera. The
camera downloads fine to my old HP desktop (WinME, Intel processor).

I tried using third-party photo software to download, with no luck.
Anybody had a similar problem before? Is it ME vs XP, AMD vs Intel?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

-SL

Old August 20th 04, 09:17 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Steve,

Check the startup programs to know what programs are running when the system
starts. You can then selectively remove them from the start up menu. Also,
which version is she using? One other thing, is she using a network when
she tries to install, and is she the administrator of that system?

You may want to start over by removing the Kodak software completely and
reinstalling the latest version 4.0. You can do this by using the
Add/Remove feature of the system. Once you have completed this process, go
to the following website and run the clear utility. It will remove all
residual Kodak files. After you complete the removal, go to the Kodak
website and download to install the latest version 4.0 software. If there
are additional questions, let me know.

http://www.kodak.com/go/clear

http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

Talk to you soon,